Back from when I used a Sky Caddie, the nice thing I recall about that too is that you get front and back yardages on that line instead of a generic front or back like you do with units where you can't move the flag.
I loaded a demo course and it looks like it marks the point that it gives you the front measurement to.

It looks like there may be a way to track club and playing position during the round. While not automatic like some systems, it could come in handy if I can figure out how to do it with minimal effort.

I like how when I move the mark in the fairway around, it changes the distance arcs on the hole to better represent carry distances.

Was really hoping for it to show up last Friday so I could use it yesterday. But, I should get it out in Thursday and at least once again this weekend.

I'll write my thoughts up and post it here in case anyone is pondering this unit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I loaded a demo course and it looks like it marks the point that it gives you the front measurement to.

It looks like there may be a way to track club and playing position during the round. While not automatic like some systems, it could come in handy if I can figure out how to do it with minimal effort.

I like how when I move the mark in the fairway around, it changes the distance arcs on the hole to better represent carry distances.

Was really hoping for it to show up last Friday so I could use it yesterday. But, I should get it out in Thursday and at least once again this weekend.

I'll write my thoughts up and post it here in case anyone is pondering this unit.

I shouldn’t be pondering, but I also am. There are conveniences, but also, 300 bucks

I shouldn’t be pondering, but I also am. There are conveniences, but also, 300 bucks

What are you currently using?

What are you currently using?

SGX. It would be like going from a Cadillac to an Escalade. Still riding smooth, but one is a bit smoother.

SGX. It would be like going from a Cadillac to an Escalade. Still riding smooth, but one is a bit smoother.

A guy I play with made that move. But, I never asked him what the benefit of this over the SGX is. I'll bring it up to him and see if anything stands out.

SkyCaddie SX500

Alright, it's done.

Bring on some massive course info.

23cca083832017e6093fb3e4fb644d18.jpg

Always liked the skycaddie stuff. I’d probably do the same if I wasn’t using Connect.

Alright, it's done.

Bring on some massive course info.
You won't regret it - - it was the best Christmas gift I bought myself!! lol

Arriving tomorrow!

Weather blows for the rest of the week, but soon enough I'm going to give this a serious run. Cannot wait.

As long as you have feedback before the 23rd, good to go. Don’t wanna miss a sale

As long as you have feedback before the 23rd, good to go. Don’t wanna miss a sale

Is that the trade in deal cutoff?

Is that the trade in deal cutoff?

Budget golf has 50 off until the 23rd or 24th. Their total was 297. SkyGolf lets you trade in, but it seemed like you had to go through a certain vendor who is selling it for 479. I don’t think you can go through another vendor and get the same thing? I should call about that. That would be an awesome thing if you could.

Budget golf has 50 off until the 23rd or 24th. Their total was 297. SkyGolf lets you trade in, but it seemed like you had to go through a certain vendor who is selling it for 479. I don’t think you can go through another vendor and get the same thing? I should call about that. That would be an awesome thing if you could.

Gotcha. Didn't notice the promo end date. It's worth a call or email to budget on that. Sky caddie has a chat feature on their site. I used it a few weeks back and they were pretty responsive on it.

Gotcha. Didn't notice the promo end date. It's worth a call or email to budget on that. Sky caddie has a chat feature on their site. I used it a few weeks back and they were pretty responsive on it.

Still doing it, but you have to go through them and the third-party website they use who is selling it at 479. Looks like the SGX is just gonna be sold somewhere else for that price

It's an unbelievable product, and I think we all had an idea of that.

I'll have to grab some snapshots tomorrow while I am on course of just how dynamic it can be. I was going to charge it tonight after 18 + 9 holes, but it doesn't even look like it's at 50% battery life yet. Will have to keep an eye on it but that absolutely blows the SGXw out of the water.

If I had a genuine complaint (beyond stupid subscription stuff), it would be that I have to take off my polarized sunglasses to clearly view the screen. That definitely sucks a lot.

It's an unbelievable product, and I think we all had an idea of that.

I'll have to grab some snapshots tomorrow while I am on course of just how dynamic it can be. I was going to charge it tonight after 18 + 9 holes, but it doesn't even look like it's at 50% battery life yet. Will have to keep an eye on it but that absolutely blows the SGXw out of the water.

If I had a genuine complaint (beyond stupid subscription stuff), it would be that I have to take off my polarized sunglasses to clearly view the screen. That definitely sucks a lot.
I got mine on Monday but it's been raining all week and I haven't had a chance to use it. Supposed to play Sunday and at this point the forecast looks clear.

Did you find yourself reaching for your rangefinder at all? Intelligreen accurate enough for you to fire at pins if needed?

I got mine on Monday but it's been raining all week and I haven't had a chance to use it. Supposed to play Sunday and at this point the forecast looks clear.

Did you find yourself reaching for your rangefinder at all? Intelligreen accurate enough for you to fire at pins if needed?

I did. But, mostly to validate some things. We have a five area pin sheet that I need to have with me... it might make the rangefinder totally irrelevant.

Hey guy, do they still do yearly fees? Been a while since I owned a sky caddie. Do they force into the yearly fees? Sorry, I should just go to their website and not be lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guy, do they still do yearly fees? Been a while since I owned a sky caddie. Do they force into the yearly fees? Sorry, I should just go to their website and not be lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They still do, yes

Fiiiiinaly got this in play today. My buddy is quick with the rangefinder and I found that I was +/- 3 yards when eye balling it with the intelligreen mark.

Having a view of the entire hole proved to be valuable even on a course I've played hundreds of times. Was able to cut some doglegs with confidence because I knew exactly how far I needed to clear. I didn't second guess myself and was able to trust my line.

I was fiddling with it a bit too much and found that the score keeping feature ended up way off. Somehow it had added enough scores to cover the entire round by the 15th hole. I only did it once per hole, so I'm not sure what I did wrong yet. Could be that I wasn't paying close enough attention. I'll probably turn off the auto-hole progression feature making me enter the score from the last hole before being able to see the next.

I do like how the GPS puts the stated yardage in perspective vs what's on the card. Keeps your expectations realistic.

I tried to track some shots and found it to be fairly easy to use. We were riding though and did not want to attempt to track all of them as I didn't want to carry it back and forth.

Back