Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I think it’s safe to say he’s found his thing.

The PGA Tour coverage imo needs to be maximizing him even more than they are. He’s fun, insightful, not an ass, and passionate.

What do you think about Smylie the analyst so far?

The PGA Tour coverage imo needs to be maximizing him even more than they are. He’s fun, insightful, not an ass, and passionate.

I've liked him from the start. I think he's knowledgeable about the game, gives good insight to situations and strategy, and obviously has some solid contacts/friends in the players group that allows him to inject a little humor and whimsy. Also, he does that without being a clown about it.

• Staff
I've liked him from the start. I think he's knowledgeable about the game, gives good insight to situations and strategy, and obviously has some solid contacts/friends in the players group that allows him to inject a little humor and whimsy. Also, he does that without being a clown about it.
He’s absolutely crushing it.

I just think he and those like Colt Knost should be used WAY more than a lot of these older guys we keep seeing much more.

I think he’s great, and would even like him for Azinger’s spot.

He and Kizner together is great. I really haven't watched to much golf with just him but I think he's doing well from what I have seen.

• Staff
He and Kizner together is great. I really haven't watched to much golf with just him but I think he's doing well from what I have seen.
Give me him and Colt on the course with Kiz in the booth, would be AWESOME.

He’s absolutely crushing it.

I just think he and those like Colt Knost should be used WAY more than a lot of these older guys we keep seeing much more.
Hey this is professional golf it is not meant to be fun.

Happy GIF by Disney

Give me him and Colt on the course with Kiz in the booth, would be AWESOME.
Yeah I really enjoy Colt as well. They're all fairly young too so should be around for a while.

• Staff
Yeah I really enjoy Colt as well. They're all fairly young as well so should be around for a while.
We just need to get rid of some of these guys that are barely hanging on.

Agree i am watching him now and he is awesome to listen to.

He's been fantastic.

We just need to get rid of some of these guys that are barely hanging on.
I'm probably in the minority but I liked Gary Koch and Roger Maltbie. Never really a fan of Azinger or Immelman. This new group is bringing some fun back to it tho. Sorry @echico :LOL:

I'm probably in the minority but I liked Gary Koch and Roger Maltbie. Never really a fan of Azinger or Immelman. This new group is bringing some fun back to it tho. Sorry @echico :LOL:

Work Hard Hillary Clinton GIF by FX Networks

Big fan just as I was when Bones was there. They just can explain things the way we want to hear them. Kiz as well

I like him and he has made a smooth transition. Give me more of him and Kisner, less of Notah and whoever else they throw out there.

I like him and he has made a smooth transition. Give me more of him and Kisner, less of Notah and whoever else they throw out there.
Notah needs to go away. He is terrible.

The set up on 17 tee at Sawgrass was fun.

Doing something similar now with Billy Ho as a guest. I like the insight and convo’s.

Like him for sure.

I like him on the mic. He's good.

I like his style.
"He’s fun, insightful, not an ass, and passionate." To quote @Jman

Smylie is really good on the mic. His only weakness is that NBC won’t utilize him to his full potential.

Back