Snickerdog's Adventure to the Grandaddy

Got out to the home course this morning and had a very relaxed round. Got quite windy on the back nine but still managed it pretty well for once.
Went 39/40=79. I hit a lot of fairways (11) and greens (14) with 32 putts today.
I feel very fortunate to have an amazing opportunity to attend the Grandaddy and hope my swing will hold where it is right now.
Playtime is down to once a week now so have to take advantage of the time to play and play well and work on a few things that still need to be tightened up.
Solid ball striking!!!

I'm down to only being able to play once a week now because of harvest hours at work.
We played this morning from 6400y in order to get me used to some longer distance, (I like to stay less 6200 or less) but the winds where blowing pretty good up to a steady 20-25mph all morning.
Front was a little rough of a start with a 41 but was putting decent. Switched balls on the back 9 and shot 38. Short game was better and the putter stayed steady.
The thing I concentrated on today was not over swinging because of the heavy winds. Just stayed within my swing and never let it get in my head that I needed to swing hard because of the wind.
Pretty happy overall with the results and happy to shoot my HC after not playing for a week.

Are you finding it difficult at all to stay motivated with the weather taking a turn/time restrictions due to work?

Good on ya for getting back out there and shooting your HC!

Are you finding it difficult at all to stay motivated with the weather taking a turn/time restrictions due to work?

Good on ya for getting back out there and shooting your HC!

No not at all. I am super excited about this journey and just taking it all in like a kid!!! I don't care for forced layoffs from golf but at the same time it also allows me to play very relaxed and enjoy it a bit more only getting out once a week.
Hoping we can have some mild weather so I can keep getting a weekly round in just to be able to stay consistent.

Planning on getting out this afternoon after work. Had a good inch of rain yesterday and last night so course might be a bit wet but still need to put in some work.

Got quite a bit windier than expected today and it ate me up. Honestly I wanted to golf to get out and get an extra round in but was not mentally there to play. (Lesson learned)
The putter was pretty good today and confident in it. Short game was decent and left me quite a few short putts. Iron play was spotty today and the driver was just a mess.
Golf can be a humbling game, luckily today I played with some good friends and we had a great time.
Doing it again tomorrow morning and looking forward to the 50° temps with no wind. :)

Got quite a bit windier than expected today and it ate me up. Honestly I wanted to golf to get out and get an extra round in but was not mentally there to play. (Lesson learned)
The putter was pretty good today and confident in it. Short game was decent and left me quite a few short putts. Iron play was spotty today and the driver was just a mess.
Golf can be a humbling game, luckily today I played with some good friends and we had a great time.
Doing it again tomorrow morning and looking forward to the 50° temps with no wind. :)

Awesome man!

Got out this morning to play, 50° at tee time and it was so refreshing in shorts and a 1/4 zip!!!!
Managed 40 on the front 9 with a triple bogey!!! Then a 41 on the back 9. Overall I was pretty happy with the round other then the triple bogey.
Off the tee I had some really good drives getting closer to the 240 range which if good for me, and playing a nice baby draw that would move maybe 3-5 yards. Yesterday I was told I was sliding a bit forward so I made a conscious effort to avoid it today and seemed to have a more consistent drives.
Iron play today was much better and more consistent. 2 shots stand out: 1st was a 129 yard shot with a 9 iron that i stuck to 18 inches. The 2nd was a par 3 that was playing 168, 5 iron for me that I stuck to 5 feet.
The short game was on point today and came close to chipping in twice, first time from 45 feet and the second out of a green side bunker maybe 20 feet.
The putter has been very consistent since acquiring the Toulon Columbus. I never had a second putt today over 3 feet. I just have a ton of confidence when lag putting with it.

Overall happy with where my game is heading into the Grandaddy and will continue to work on the short game and putting as that are the strength to my game.

Got out this morning to play, 50° at tee time and it was so refreshing in shorts and a 1/4 zip!!!!
Managed 40 on the front 9 with a triple bogey!!! Then a 41 on the back 9. Overall I was pretty happy with the round other then the triple bogey.
Off the tee I had some really good drives getting closer to the 240 range which if good for me, and playing a nice baby draw that would move maybe 3-5 yards. Yesterday I was told I was sliding a bit forward so I made a conscious effort to avoid it today and seemed to have a more consistent drives.
Iron play today was much better and more consistent. 2 shots stand out: 1st was a 129 yard shot with a 9 iron that i stuck to 18 inches. The 2nd was a par 3 that was playing 168, 5 iron for me that I stuck to 5 feet.
The short game was on point today and came close to chipping in twice, first time from 45 feet and the second out of a green side bunker maybe 20 feet.
The putter has been very consistent since acquiring the Toulon Columbus. I never had a second putt today over 3 feet. I just have a ton of confidence when lag putting with it.

Overall happy with where my game is heading into the Grandaddy and will continue to work on the short game and putting as that are the strength to my game.
Toulon Columbus is a fine looking putter! Nice round today!

Got out this morning in chilly temps and it was great!!! 43° when we started and 65° when we finished our round.
The front was a bit rough with a 43, just couldn't get comfortable and was just swinging to hard. ing
Playing partner noticed I was gripping really hard and it clicked on the back nine and I started hitting fairways and greens. Managed a 37 on the back nine.
Short game was really good today, back nine had a chip in from about 15 yards, I had a lot of one putts today because of chipping close. 26 putts total today so that felt really good.
Only thing I am not happy about is only being able to play once a week right now because of work, but if I can continue to play at this level and keep the scores 80 and below I will be happy.

Can't wait to see what gear Callaway will fit me into to help my game even more having perfectly fitted gear.

Got out this morning to play, was 52° at tee time and windy!!! Told myself to just swing easy, and don't worry about the wind and it worked for the most part.
Shot 39 on the front and 41 on the back. So pretty happy with an 80. FIR 9/14 GIR 10/18 and 34 putts. I left a few birdie putts right on the lip of the cup which is disappointing for sure. On putts that where over 20 feet I was lag putting really well and never had a second putt over 3 feet.

Overall right now I am happy with the way I am driving the ball, the short game and putting is really good right now. Can always use some work on my iron game but it works for me. I am so happy with my Toulon Columbus right now and feel so confident every time I step up to putt.

I am really interested and curious to see what the magician fitters will get me into and how it will help my game.

I'm looking forward to what you're able to do without the wind and low temps in Cali.

Got out today with @shanewu to play 18. 40° and 16mph north winds kept it a bit to chilly. Fall is coming in hard so hoping this isn't the end of my season before heading to Cali.
Didn't play that well overall today but there where some good shots and the putter was really good today.
I think I am in a decent spot with my game for only playing once a week for the last 2 months.

Really excited to see what comes of the fitting and how it helps my game.

Got out today with @shanewu to play 18. 40° and 16mph north winds kept it a bit to chilly. Fall is coming in hard so hoping this isn't the end of my season before heading to Cali.
Didn't play that well overall today but there where some good shots and the putter was really good today.
I think I am in a decent spot with my game for only playing once a week for the last 2 months.

Really excited to see what comes of the fitting and how it helps my game.
Your putting will keep you in it against the Zoo Crew ?

Doesn't look like we will be getting out to play today, 19 degrees and a dusting of snow. Supposed to be back in the upper 50's this weekend so should be able to get our Sunday round in. I probably only have maybe 3-4 more chances to play before departing for the Grandaddy so need to take advantage of them.

Doesn't look like we will be getting out to play today, 19 degrees and a dusting of snow. Supposed to be back in the upper 50's this weekend so should be able to get our Sunday round in. I probably only have maybe 3-4 more chances to play before departing for the Grandaddy so need to take advantage of them.
Make the most of being outside and able to play my friend!!

Was able to get out for my Sunday round today, it warmed up nicely as the day progressed.
First 18 holes I managed a 37/40=77 The back kind of got me a bit as the wind started to pick up and I started to swing harder. Guy I was playing with noticed and told me to find my front 9 swing and it smoothed things out.
Lot of FIR 9 and GIR 10, with 32 putts today. I would prefer to get the FIR up to around 11-12 but my misses didn't really hurt me today.
Short game was good and putter was rolling well today.
Feeling good about my game heading to California and will probably only be able to get 3 or maybe 4 more rounds in before we go. :golf2:

Was able to get out for my Sunday round today, it warmed up nicely as the day progressed.
First 18 holes I managed a 37/40=77 The back kind of got me a bit as the wind started to pick up and I started to swing harder. Guy I was playing with noticed and told me to find my front 9 swing and it smoothed things out.
Lot of FIR 9 and GIR 10, with 32 putts today. I would prefer to get the FIR up to around 11-12 but my misses didn't really hurt me today.
Short game was good and putter was rolling well today.
Feeling good about my game heading to California and will probably only be able to get 3 or maybe 4 more rounds in before we go. :golf2:

Keep Grinding! It will pay dividends.

Will be getting out this morning and hopefully have time for 27. Looks to be 43° at tee time, glad we won't have to worry about those temps in California.

Will be getting out this morning and hopefully have time for 27. Looks to be 43° at tee time, glad we won't have to worry about those temps in California.
Ain’t that the truth. I’m so excited to wake up in the desert to 70+ degrees everyday.

PLay well and dial in that putter so you can bring the heat for @Luke WilliamsCG

A great way to celebrate the Marine Corps Birthday. Semper Fidelis, Brother!

It wasn't the best outing today, 44/39=83. It was cold and windy but that isn't a good excuse.
I put myself in some bad spot on the front by hitting wedges over the greens, and that isn't a good place to miss on my course. Putter did okay on the front but not exceptionally well.
The back came around much better and got the wedges dialed in much better. Short game was really good and the putter was much hotter with only 13 putts on the back.

I am still happy with the state of my game right now, and confident I can bring it to Cali with me and let the fitters strengthen it a bit with so perfectly fitted new clubs.

@Danimal thank you and Semper Fi brother.

What putter are you using right now? How long have you been gaming it?

What putter are you using right now? How long have you been gaming it?
Using a Toulon Columbus, cut down to 34" and S/15 weight in it. I have been using since May of this year. Picked it up @2BFAST club when I was in Hannibal this year.
Best putter I have ever had to this point.

Back