Something New From Hogan Golf

Something New From Hogan Golf

I’m currently gaming the 2018 edge irons, can anyone compare or contrast these to the new ptx pro’s. From what I’ve seen online they seem to be of similar size and offset. Been considering a set with graphite (recoil 780 f4) and these might be worth a look or try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had demos of both. The Pro’s have less offset, at least to my eye. Edge are a bit longer and slightly more forgiving but I wasn’t nearly as accurate with them as I was the Pro’s. I’m going with the Pro’s at the Hogan Experience. I’m a high hc but I’m pretty confident I can game them from 6-P.

Last edited:
I’m currently gaming the 2018 edge irons, can anyone compare or contrast these to the new ptx pro’s. From what I’ve seen online they seem to be of similar size and offset. Been considering a set with graphite (recoil 780 f4) and these might be worth a look or try.

The Edge has about .030" more offset. The sole should be wider, but not by a lot since the Pros have a wider sole than the original PTx. Top line will be thicker slightly. And, the Edges are filled clubs, where the pros are hollow 4-7 and solid 8-pw. I haven't hit the pros yet, but I believe forgiveness will be between the original PTx and Edge.

The Edge has about .030" more offset. The sole should be wider, but not by a lot since the Pros have a wider sole than the original PTx. Top line will be thicker slightly. And, the Edges are filled clubs, where the pros are hollow 4-7 and solid 8-pw. I haven't hit the pros yet, but I believe forgiveness will be between the original PTx and Edge.

which line of ben hogans would you say are good for a high handicap? i like irons that look clean, but offer help.

This sounds right up my alley with the recoils, May have to give these a go. Thanks

I had demos of both. The Pro’s have less offset, at least to my eye. Edge are a bit longer and slightly more forgiving but I wasn’t nearly as accurate with them as I was the Pro’s. I’m going with the Pro’s at the Hogan Experience. I’m a high hc but I’m pretty confident I can game them from 6-P.

Thank you for the response, these have me intrigued. I appreciate it.

which line of ben hogans would you say are good for a high handicap? i like irons that look clean, but offer help.

The edge are fairly smallish when compared with other GI irons but are very forgiving. The blade length is shorter than say a ping g400 by quite a bit but again, they are surprisingly forgiving.

The Edges are definitely the most forgiving iron BH makes. I said in the PTx Pro thread, I believe they are blurring the line between the old PTx and the Edge. I mean, BH irons are not SGI irons. The best thing to do is demo both and try them out. I will say the Edges are nice, but I am not in love with the feel. They are "pillowy" or "spongey". Because they are filled. Feels exactly like the W/S c-300 forged. It's not bad, but not a personal preference of mine. But, the most forgiving set that BH has would be the Edges 6-PW and VKTR hybrids 22* & 26*

I looked at your Fort Worth heads for sale but my game is nowhere near good enough to play those. I like Ben Hogan's style of club and their prices seem very solid. I will have to get a hold of some demos and check them out. You are like the Ben Hogan rain man lol.

I looked at your Fort Worth heads for sale but my game is nowhere near good enough to play those. I like Ben Hogan's style of club and their prices seem very solid. I will have to get a hold of some demos and check them out. You are like the Ben Hogan rain man lol.

I've played Hogans all my life. Mostly the Apex blades. I bought the Ft. Worth 15s because mostly I got a great deal on them I couldn't pass up. But, second, I demoed all 3 BH irons and the forgiveness of the original PTx...which I couldn't tell a lot of difference from the Ft.W15...mostly easier to launch long irons, the Ft.W15 felt amazing.

Driver market is tough to compete in... Their putters are meh especially for the price. I don't want to see BH be a predominantly meh company

This is going to have an uphill battle in front of it. I just believe the first driver release will not have an adjustable hosel. I hope I am wrong. But, they need to be in that sub $300 range. Compete with the W/S D7 and Cleveland Launcher. Then, if it does come in under $300 it's the same price as their putters. I think most people will automatically consider it sub standard because of the price. So, for basically the same money you can get the D7 or TEE EXS driver. Lastly, with the price..."premium" shaft selection will be limited. I am totally behind BH....but, this is gonna have to be a winner!

If they compete with the Launcher they will have something. It's such a good driver, and completely overlooked.

I can’t speak to what it is, other than we have a full write up ready to go on the home page already and THPers will enjoy it.

Love it.

That said, it's pretty clearly a driver behind that picture if you look at it with the right lighting. Woods from Hogan.. Full bag potential. That's awesome.

Why not? You don't have to be different to get a slice of the pie. If they can offer an equivalent product at a direct to consumer price, then they can put themselves in a position to succeed. In an age where drivers are regularly north of $500, the consumer could use a more reasonably priced option. They are in the business to make money. I doubt they would bring something like this to market if they didn't feel they could legitimately turn a profit. Looking at the company lately, you can see a shift. Their social media presence is growing, their product portfolio is growing, and they are picking up steam.

Totally get the "why not" aspect. If it is priced correctly and gets good reviews and they push it right on social media (which they are doing very well with their current line-up) then I hope it does well.
Just don't see it having a big impact on the market that's all, similarly to the putters

I can’t speak to what it is, other than we have a full write up ready to go on the home page already and THPers will enjoy it.

I would expect nothing less but I’m ready to learn more.

I keep refreshing the BHG website hoping that something new will appear before tomorrow. I believe it was the PTx Pro irons that showed up on their website slightly before midnight Eastern before the advertised reveal date so I feel justified in my madness.

I keep refreshing the BHG website hoping that something new will appear before tomorrow. I believe it was the PTx Pro irons that showed up on their website slightly before midnight Eastern before the advertised reveal date so I feel justified in my madness.

I'm with you buddy!

Hey! Did not realize that the 13th was tomorrow already! Pumped to see what JB and Co hold in store for us in their write up on the new product!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Awesome to see them adding a driver to their lineup! Awaiting to learn more about it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

9am ET.

They also do a heck of a payment plan purchase on their website....THE GS53 Drivers are up now

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 5.28.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 5.28.28 AM.png
    115 KB · Views: 0
Pretty excited to see the details on this

Just woke up and checked their website and see drivers and FWs already.

All media info is embargoed until 9am.
We will have a new thread and full details.

Awesome!

Back