Southern Iowa Get Together Summer 2014

Ya know the shots that are sticking with me are in order I seen em:
Rock with the blind 7 iron to 4-5 ft then left hand putt with a iron & made for a birdie
Taylor on 1st hole with a great hybrid out of fairway bunker.
Mik's almost eagle from way out & uphill half blind (could only see top half of pin)
Woody's tee shot on 3 right over the pin
Then Sammy following it with one pin high just left of pin.
Some great shots guys!!!!

Ya know the shots that are sticking with me are in order I seen em:
Rock with the blind 7 iron to 4-5 ft then left hand putt with a iron & made for a birdie
Taylor on 1st hole with a great hybrid out of fairway bunker.
Mik's almost eagle from way out & uphill half blind (could only see top half of pin)
Woody's tee shot on 3 right over the pin
Then Sammy following it with one pin high just left of pin.
Some great shots guys!!!!

Can u believe we still haven't played together?!

From The HTC One Blue!

Is going to come. If I can get enough vacation built up for Peoria

Is going to come. If I can get enough vacation built up for Peoria

Or maybe an October Iowa event?!

From The HTC One Blue!

Would work a lot easier for me

Well we'll see what happens! Gotta play with you and that awesome driver you sling out there.

From The HTC One Blue!

Easy to hit fairways when ya only drive 150 to 175 yrds

Easy to hit fairways when ya only drive 150 to 175 yrds

Distance just gets me in trouble anyway :)

From The HTC One Blue!

End of September might be better. October weather can be questionable at best.

Bridgestone Championship is then so some folks probably couldn't make it. Last year wasn't too bad. :)

Do u have those $$ bills hung up yet Par3Wedge?

From The HTC One Blue!

Bridgestone Championship is then so some folks probably couldn't make it. Last year wasn't too bad. :)

Do u have those $$ bills hung up yet Par3Wedge?

From The HTC One Blue!

Lol. No having issues finding a frame large enough to accommodate all the bills.

Lol. No having issues finding a frame large enough to accommodate all the bills.

Certainly don't doubt that.... Jeeeeese you were ridiculous in that wind!

From The HTC One Blue!

Certainly don't doubt that.... Jeeeeese you were ridiculous in that wind!

From The HTC One Blue!

Thanks! That was about the only skill/luck I had in 54 holes.

Thanks! That was about the only skill/luck I had in 54 holes.

Well u didn't score too poorly for as bad as u thought u played :)

From The HTC One Blue!

Well u didn't score too poorly for as bad as u thought u played :)

From The HTC One Blue!

I will admit to being consistent in scoring. I'll get the swing change down and cone back better than ever. The front nine Sunday was bad!! About quit but Rambler encouraged me to continue. Glad I did. Plus 3 in last 11 holes made me feel much better.

How is the back? You hit some amazing shots considering you were laid up a week prior. Certainly hope we can meet somewhere in between for a weekend golf round.

I will admit to being consistent in scoring. I'll get the swing change down and cone back better than ever. The front nine Sunday was bad!! About quit but Rambler encouraged me to continue. Glad I did. Plus 3 in last 11 holes made me feel much better.

How is the back? You hit some amazing shots considering you were laid up a week prior. Certainly hope we can meet somewhere in between for a weekend golf round.

Back is ok. Physical therapist worked me hard for an hour yesterday before the chiropractor did her thing. I'm ridiculously sore today.

I felt pretty decent this weekend considering what I felt like the week before. The belt thing helped a ton and getting out to play with everyone made the pain much more bearable... Not to mention gaming a new putter! Although I hit a brick wall the last 5 or 6 holes Sunday. I've got a lot of stretching and core exercises to do on a consistent basis now. Can't let it get bad anymore!

From The HTC One Blue!

...The front nine Sunday was bad!! About quit but Rambler encouraged me to continue. Glad I did. Plus 3 in last 11 holes made me feel much better...

I was sure glad you stuck it out. That's 2 times I've seen you turn it around during a round. It's something I need to be aware of in my own game.

I was sure glad you stuck it out. That's 2 times I've seen you turn it around during a round. It's something I need to be aware of in my own game.

Thanks! Had a lot of fun. Gotta get together and play some more.

Iowa in october is real close to being an annual tradition. It also is usually the last time I play golf until spring. Can't think of any better way to end the season.

~Rock

Thanks for organizing Rock!

What better way to spend a wet, windy day than all day on the golf course? Beats sitting indoors all day, no doubt. I was able to leave the house before the kids were up and screaming. And got home just in time to put them in bed. What timing!

It was good seeing everyone and of course meeting some new people. Even if it was for a brief moment. I know the wind wreacked havoc on my game, but I still somehow managed to hit like 90% of the fairways through 36 holes.

I ended up playing with Manalai, Rambler, McRock and Hartmann. All great guys and would definitely play with you knuckle heads again :) I think the highlight of the day was watching everyone leave putts short, even 5 footers. Just couldn't psych ourselves into hitting it hard enough.

Good times and let me know if anyone is ever in the Des Moines area.

That'll be one huge frame! Maybe something like this:
1902186_1_l.jpg

Hawk won't be able to make an October event due to things on his schedule. Looks like if it's going to happen, someone else will have to do the planning.

Depending on timing I could probably plan something.

Back