Srixon Q-Star Golf Balls

I played the yellow before I ended up picking some of the white. I like the resiliency of the cover on the yellow a lot.... I wish the white cleaned off as easily as the yellow.

Picked up two dozen of these today, one white and one yellow for $35. Going to give them a try on Monday and Tuesday as long as the weather holds up.

Played the Q stars today. For me they aren't quite as straight or as long as the E6 but the Q star feels softer and stops better for me. I get a lot of rollout with the E6 but the Q star is a drop and stop.

Played the Q stars today. For me they aren't quite as straight or as long as the E6 but the Q star feels softer and stops better for me. I get a lot of rollout with the E6 but the Q star is a drop and stop.

Which way will you go RO?

Well, I got my Q-Stars last week and was able to get rounds in both yesterday and today. Temps were in the 60-70 range on a dry golf course that has been firming up as the nights get cooler.

Prior to this, I have been playing the B330-RX for about a year with good results.

I will admit, I thought the Q-Star would perform well, but not enough where I would prefer it as my everyday gamer.

Off the tee: Really seemed like this ball had less side spin than the B330-RX. I was compressing it very well and seeing some of the longest drives I have hit in quite awhile.
Irons: was seeing on approaches that actually hit the green, the ball was stopping within 3 feet. Have not been hitting a ton of greens but when I do, the ball mark is right there near the ball. Impressed with the lack of roll out post landing.
Wedges: Not a feel guy so won't even try that route, but these were really responding well around the greens and very predictable. I could carry to a spot and rely on the ball to check, release, then stop. Countless pitches from within 20 yards to within 4 feet of the flag (obviously took good shots to do that but the ball was definitely doing it's part).
Durability: Don't think I hit any cart paths, but I know for a fact that there was not a single scuff caused by a wedge. Checked balls multiple times (played one today for 13 holes until I hit it in the water) and not once did I find a mark on it.

The greens have really been firming up here lately and while I have seen shots stop, I have not been spinning any back...until today. 50* wedge from 91 yards:

image-3.jpg

I am INCREDIBLY impressed by this ball period. The fact that it is only $20/dozen is incredible. IF I had to choose today for the Morgan Cup, I could choose these with 100% confidence - I really am that impressed by this ball.

I love the Q Stars, I need to pick up a dozen or so. I've really liked the e5 I've been using, but I think it's time to give the Qs another go...I like the Qstar better off the tee than the e5.

I played a white Q-star at one point in my last weekend of the golf season.. 27 straight holes, little to no scuffs or damage.

Very Impressed with them. They are the only golf item I asked for this christmas (except gift cards).

Glad you are enjoying them Cookie. I have been singing their praises for a while. Cant beat that performance for that price.

Great thoughts Cookie.
I haven't been hitting the ball very well in the past weeks so I'm not quite ready to put the stamp of approval ont hem but I will say I haven't seen any adverse effects from gaming them.

Well dang, Cookie. That's some love right there. How'd the cover hold up for you? That's why I wanted to try the white. For some reason, the yellow always got beat up for me. Nice soft feel though, huh?

Well dang, Cookie. That's some love right there. How'd the cover hold up for you? That's why I wanted to try the white. For some reason, the yellow always got beat up for me. Nice soft feel though, huh?

I hate to comment on feel because it's so subjective but they were definitely not clickish nor did I feel anything I did not like.

White cover held up great man.....I am seeing nothing after playing 36 holes with 3 different balls.

Thats weird man. I have only played the yellow versions of these and have had no problems at all with durability. I have played 2 rounds with the same ball and had no issues. Maybe you just hit the ball harder than me.

Or into more trees : p hehe

Posted via tapatalk.

Or into more trees : p hehe

Posted via tapatalk.

Pshhh yeah right. They call me Calvin Cartpath on the course. Its kinda nice when the course is playing cartpath only...haha

Seems like this would be a good option to replace my ZStar XV during the winter months

Got a free sleeve this past summer and i really liked them, a great ball and I would buy depending on price.

Tried a sleeve of the yellow (I thought I hated yellow). Was very impressed with them. Been gaming the B330RXS and the e6. I like the RXS's in the summer and the e6 in the cooler months. This ball semed to be a nice blend of the two. I got more distance with the Q star than either of the other two and it checked almost as good as the RXS. the yellow was a pleasant surprise. I guess Peter Jacobsen is right......I COULD see it better.

Ill probably pick up a couple of dozen now. Thanks to THP for another great piece of information, since I probably would never have considered these.

J.

Good stuff Johnny! I had these in play again yesterday and am so damn impressed that I have zero desire to try another ball.

Great in wind
Very good spin off irons
Work well around greens

Not sure if I just compress this better than the B330-RX or what, but they just work for me.

I think it IS compressing better Cookie. One of the bigger hitters in my group even said "seems like you are consistently compressing that ball.". We all know how it feels when you catch a good one. It's sort of like that slow motion video showing the ball looking like a marsh mellow at impact. Well, to me, I get that feeling / vision more often than not with this ball.

J.

I think it IS compressing better Cookie. One of the bigger hitters in my group even said "seems like you are consistently compressing that ball.". We all know how it feels when you catch a good one. It's sort of like that slow motion video showing the ball looking like a marsh mellow at impact. Well, to me, I get that feeling / vision more often than not with this ball.

J.

Makes sense and I completely agree. Just finished 18 and I am absolutely killing this off of the driver, yet backing up iron shots on the greens....in TX...in December.

Color me very impressed, can't say enough good things and yet to see something I don't really like about these.

I'm getting a dozen, played Saturday and Sunday for 2x 9-hole rounds in a row with a q-star and scored pretty well on both ....

I'm getting a dozen, played Saturday and Sunday for 2x 9-hole rounds in a row with a q-star and scored pretty well on both ....

Funny you mention that, since putting them in play I have shot 78, 77, 82, and 79. Hate to give too much credit to a golf ball but it is just working for me. Stoked to have found these especially given the price point.

Makes sense and I completely agree. Just finished 18 and I am absolutely killing this off of the driver, yet backing up iron shots on the greens....in TX...in December.

Color me very impressed, can't say enough good things and yet to see something I don't really like about these.

I"m still not swinging great so the only thing I can say about these at the moment is I'm still not sure I like the feel off the putter.
I think its just firmer than what I was gaming. That being said I did really putt well Saturday.

I"m still not swinging great so the only thing I can say about these at the moment is I'm still not sure I like the feel off the putter.
I think its just firmer than what I was gaming. That being said I did really putt well Saturday.

I'll be honest......I am not a feel guy at all. They could be firm/harsh off the putter and I would likely never realize it as I really do base my assessment completely off of the results.

At least good to hear that while firm, you putted well! :)

Back