@JB Any insight regarding an increase in sales of the Q-Star Tour (non-Divide)?

It would be too soon for that to hit any data that I get.
Perhaps by next month.

Finally picked some up and are going to put them into play for our member/member tournament this weekend. I've been using truvis and pix for quite a while so I don't find them distracting at all, but with the other patterns I just let it be however it falls or is placed, with these I'm trying to decide how I want to set it up to tee off, maybe so it's parallel to the club face, might be a good visual, and then for putting, I don't normally line up a putt with the ball, I think I'll have to with these.

So I bought a dozen of these to try for a couple reasons. First, I am a Srixon fan and like their balls a lot. Second, I like the be That Guy in my regular foursome that brings something nutty to the table from time to time and these clown balls fit the bill. Third, I use a line for putting anyway and figured these would save me the trouble of drawing one on.

I've played 54 holes with these balls and I have to say I am really digging them more than I thought I would. For what it's worth I've only lost one of them over that stretch. They are, shall we say...hard not to see.

On the tee I've been setting them up with the seam aligned horizontally so it's not distracting from my aim. It's a blast to be able to track the ball's spin and flight in the air. Ditto on chips around the green. Watching them knuckle and grab on the green is fun and it helps me better understand how the ball is behaving off my wedge.

For putting, the seam offers a much more precise alignment aid than the fat-tip Sharpie I usually use. That took some getting used to, but it also got me to pay more attention to getting the ball set up on my target line. The fact that the seam goes all the way around is also helpful because as you back away from the ball to check the alignment you can see if the seam is truly vertical or if you've accidentally set it a bit crooked. Sometimes with a drawn line I'm not convinced the line is precisely on top.

You can certainly tell when you've started the ball on your target line and struck it purely. I like that a lot and will continue to use these balls for putting practice no matter what else happens.

Someone mentioned the matte finish earlier. I have played matte balls in the past, mainly the Maxfli Softfeel. I agree that those got dirty much faster than I liked. For whatever reason the Srixon's seem to stay clean and they're easy to wipe off. It's not an issue so far.

All things considered, I rate these balls highly. They do look like fishing bobbers and that is somewhat ridiculous. I hope these are popular enough to convince Srixon to import some of the half-white versions, because I can say without reservation that I would play those exclusively.

I meant to add my 2 cents here. In another thread, I mentioned that it's Jeffiefest 2021 here in No. Va. With my birthay in late May+ 3 day holiday (thanks to all those who serrved), + wedding anniversary (#33) and it concludes with Father's day - a nice run every summer!

Anyway, after breakfast (out) - I had turkey bacon :)banghead:) still watching fat and caloric intake, I told them I wanted to visit the golf store. They found me some pants, and a few other things, I tried on some shoes (a pair I later bought they did not have my size, and unbeknownst to me, a pair my daughter would later tell me she ordered for me as well), ugh, TMI sorry.

Anyway, before check out I said I want to see if they have a ball I've been looking for, my daughter - and she is an adult (by the way), goes right up to the divide - 'Dad, I like these' or something like that - anyway, I told her those were the ones I wanted to get. She said sure if gave her a sleeve - well naturally.

Played 1 that past weekend - first time - easier to see, fun on and around the greens, and the 2 playing partners were beside themselves - one took a photo of the ball so he could get some - and the other, he looked at the ball like a kid seeing something cool that he had never seen before.

It was fun, I think I will keep them in the rotation. Eager to see more colors - but blue and the darker ones will be super to easy to lose - as I learned watching my daughter regularly lose the blue ones and darker purple ones she has had over the years.

I’ve lost all of mine now, but I sure enjoyed playing them. If I ever get to the point where playing a premium ball makes sense, this’ll probably be the one.

Really like the ball but today was not a good day and I lost my last few.

I'll be waiting for a special before I buy more.
127bf812d61bdd0fa6319b1fc11c48ed.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

If/when Father's day discount count me in for some of these! Watching them in live feed was fun to see

I'm still waiting patiently for the other colors. Hopefully they come soon.

The guy at the course today gave my boys each one of these. Overall the ball looks really cool, and I'm excited to try them out, if the boys let me! I can definitely see the advantage to these when putting and chipping. The neon colors are cool, which the boys loved. Based on my initial thoughts really leaning towards picking some up.

It's Kismet, I tell ya :)

When I signed up for the fat loss challenge at my gym I swore "If I win it, I'm gonna take my $70 net gain from the win and buy stupidly expensive golf balls." I was figuring probably Pro V's. Today my gym announced I'd won. The next bit of email to arrive is from my LGS, advertising a Srixon three for the price of two golf ball sale. "Well, then, maybe Srixon Z-Star's or Q-Star's, instead...?".

Then I spot this thread.

Icing on the cake: The two colors are those that won my "ball visibility in fall leaves shoot-out" last fall.

So, later today my wife will be carting me over to my LGS (can't drive due to Thursday's knee surgery) so I can buy three dozen of these
lol.gif

ETA: So I went and got 'em. I don't hate the looks as much as I thought I might. In fact I think I kinda like 'em 😀

Last edited:
If/when Father's day discount count me in for some of these! Watching them in live feed was fun to see

The buy 2/get 1 Father's Day sale is active (6/5 - 6/20), and the Divide is included in the deal.

The buy 2/get 1 Father's Day sale is active (6/5 - 6/20), and the Divide is included in the deal.
Yup, just purchased that deal on the Divide, as well as the same deal for yellow Q-Star tour balls. I am set for 6 months now. :LOL:

I'm Back Baby!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Academy Sports + Outdoors shows to have the blue/yellow available for delivery on June 10-14. I'm hesitant to pull the trigger since I haven't heard a release date. Did anyone hear of one yet?

Now that I'm considering the current Srixon deal, Has anyone done a comparison on the spin of the matte divide versus the standard urethane Q Star Tour? Do they spin the same?

Now that I'm considering the current Srixon deal, Has anyone done a comparison on the spin of the matte divide versus the standard urethane Q Star Tour? Do they spin the same?
Interesting question, I mean in theory they should be the same.

I've got a couple rounds in with these now, and I've gotta say I'm a huge fan. We already know its a great golf ball, but the color combination has been really fun to play with. I've heard mixed reviews about matte balls in wet conditions, and I haven't really gotten to test that out. The only thing thats given me the slightest problem with them is when they land in the rough with only one color visible - I kind of forget that this can happen and I've skipped right over them thinking they cant be mine because mine is 2 colors!

Lining these up on putts is just a dream. This is the best alignment aid I've seen on a golf ball. I'm not sure if the multi colored ball will last, but there's something to the alignment line. I've never understood why alignment lines aren't printed around the entire circumference of the ball (from the major ball manufacturers at least). For me, this ball demonstrates how useful it is to have the ball pre-marked with full circumference alignment.

Academy Sports + Outdoors shows to have the blue/yellow available for delivery on June 10-14. I'm hesitant to pull the trigger since I haven't heard a release date. Did anyone hear of one yet?

Do it. I mean, worst that can happen?

Interesting question, I mean in theory they should be the same.
Generally it seems that matte balls do differ in wet conditions based on how they handle moisture but it stands within reason that the glossy or matte finished might grip the grooves differently. I've not seen anything that confirms differently or if it is even noticeable. The matte finish on the divides don't feel like urethane to me compared to the gloss yellow Q Star tours for example.

As promised. Blue and yellow and their friend, in the wild.

Attachments

• 36361570-B172-4CCF-BF19-0063745B1CE0.jpeg
    36361570-B172-4CCF-BF19-0063745B1CE0.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 5D13BCF2-0555-4069-8809-514EDD84D0D9.jpeg
    5D13BCF2-0555-4069-8809-514EDD84D0D9.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 30
  • DFC1B766-C989-4AC6-9AC2-A8523EFD52DF.jpeg
    DFC1B766-C989-4AC6-9AC2-A8523EFD52DF.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 27
As promised. Blue and yellow and their friend, in the wild.
Wait, the other colors are out now? I’ve been waiting for yellow/orange.

Wait, the other colors are out now? I’ve been waiting for yellow/orange.

Just the 2 for now. I still think a Pink version would sell well.

Just the 2 for now. I still think a Pink version would sell well.
Yeah pink/yellow would sell quite well for sure!

I mentioned the orange/yellow because Srixon briefly teased us with that color (along with the blue and red) when Divides were first announced even though just the red was being released first. I’m still patiently waiting for the orange.

Blue and Yellow just in time for the buy 2 get one deal. Looks like I might make a trip out tonight.

@Jaw2000 have you played with the blue/yellow on course? Was wondering about their visibility as I have issues finding the red/yellow sometimes unless I am right on top of the ball. I figured the red/yellow would stick out like crazy, but for whatever reason, I find it easier to find a white ball in the rough.

Back