PatsFan

Jedi Knight
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Played the Q-Star Tour Divide for one round last week and I just couldn't get used to it. I'm sure it has it's benefits, but I wasn't a huge fan. Went back to the Chromesoft LSX triple track pretty quick. Didn't know what to think of the matte finish either, I'd like to try the Z-Star sometime and I think this is an interesting concept it was just too distracting for me and my already messed up head (when it comes to golf). LOL.
I am curious How did you use it to tee off? I always pick 1 color to tee off. I think the Red side go farther!:ROFLMAO:
I do putt with it sideways but that lets me see how my roll is.

Nappy

Member of the 2021 Grandaddy Team!!!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
PBR
I am curious How did you use it to tee off? I always pick 1 color to tee off. I think the Red side go farther!:ROFLMAO:
I do putt with it sideways but that lets me see how my roll is.
Honestly I didn't tinker with it much and that's on me. I've played Callaway exclusively all year, but my wife bought these for me for Christmas and when I was getting low on CS in the bag I gave these a shot. I didn't really pick a side on the tee and that was probably a mistake and i played the Blue/Yellow so maybe that wasn't the best choice either.

On the green I did line it up sideways, but after a year of using Triple Track it just messed with my noggin.

I'd definitely like to spend more time with them because I've really enjoyed the Q Star Tour in the past, it's a great ball.

Later this year I'll try them again and see if picking a color off the tee helps and see if I can find some red ones.

Duffer Seamus

C'mon ball, do your thing
Reaction score
Ha! I'd forgotten all about these. I'd bought a couple boxes just before I took my golf hiatus.

deepred

Reaction score
I wonder if the red is harder to find than the orange would be. It certainly stand out more in hand.

Gman79

Optimistic about golf in 2022!!!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I wonder if the red is harder to find than the orange would be. It certainly stand out more in hand.
I always thought red from other MFGs was super hard to find in rough.

Duffer Seamus

C'mon ball, do your thing
Reaction score
I always thought red from other MFGs was super hard to find in rough.
You wouldn't think so, but, oddly: It is. Or can be. Particularly in fall leaves.

I did a test two autumns ago, comparing the visibility of various ball colors in a mix of rough and leaves. Much to my surprise, the ones easiest to spot were bright green, green/yellow, and bright yellow, IIRC. Even the almost fluorescent red ball I had was less visible than those. And that was really bright.

The worst, of the colors I had, was pink. White wasn't much better.

I think I posted that test here. I'll see if I can find it.

Here we go: Fall Golf Ball Color Test

Last edited:

MagicSpell

Team Hackers in 2022 Morgan Cup
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
18 ish
Purely subjective but I’ve lost more red/yellow than orange/yellow. To my eyes the orange/yellow stand out more in most golf ball hiding places at the courses I typically play

cbaker2882

I golf occasionally
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
#goingup
I want to get these for scrambles lol

Gman79

Optimistic about golf in 2022!!!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

AZ_golfer

Reaction score
I play the Q-Star Tour and love it. I found one of the Red/Yellow divides and now use it on the par 3's when I'm sure I won't lose it. I like them a lot and will be buying a dozen. I wish you could buy a dozen white with one sleeve of divides.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in