Srixon Z 545 & Z 745 Driver Preview

It's a solid set up. I need to tinker with the settings but I really like what I am seeing right now distance wise.

I like to hear that. If I can keep the relative consistency I see with mye current g25 setup and add distance I'm all in

So remembering back to when you guys got the Message from GG that you were going to get something from them that needed to get back to Cleveland right away.

I can imagine the excitement of seeing all the OMG posts from you guys.

So my question is how much pondering did each of you have to do deciding between 545 and 745 without any reviews or such to go on.

So remembering back to when you guys got the Message from GG that you were going to get something from them that needed to get back to Cleveland right away.

So my question is how much pondering did each of you have to do deciding between 545 and 745 without any reviews or such to go on.

Pretty much none. I went into the MC playing a 460cc driver, so I figured that made the most sense for me. For me, forgiveness is king.

I personally feel more comfortable with a larger head- 460 for me all the way. No second thought

I suspected there would be both based on the 525/725 lines. Never considered the 745 at all. More forgiveness and a little deeper CG is what I need.

Answered in in my write-up a few pages back but I was coming off the Optiforce 440 and thought the 745 would be a good move for me considering the success I've had with the previous driver.

Answered in in my write-up a few pages back but I was coming off the Optiforce 440 and thought the 745 would be a good move for me considering the success I've had with the previous driver.

Yep. I did read that in your review. Thanks. I was just curious to what if any anxiousness (in a good way) you guys felt in making your decisions.

Yep. I did read that in your review. Thanks. I was just curious to what if any anxiousness (in a good way) you guys felt in making your decisions.

A lot! The unknown is crazy and your mind starts to create all sorts of different outcomes of a club that you've never hit and really don't have much information on. So it was a lot of gut feeling on this one! It was the first and probably the only times I've had to order clubs not knowing how they hit.

A lot! The unknown is crazy and your mind starts to create all sorts of different outcomes of a club that you've never hit and really don't have much information on. So it was a lot of gut feeling on this one! It was the first and probably the only times I've had to order clubs not knowing how they hit.

Sounds like it turned out ok, to say the least.

Man the driver was working today except for one lazy swing--everything else was Fairway or just beside it. Not liking the wet grass this morning, I got no regular Texas roll costing me 20 free yards :alien:

Man the driver was working today except for one lazy swing--everything else was Fairway or just beside it. Not liking the wet grass this morning, I got no regular Texas roll costing me 20 free yards :alien:

Wet grass? It's August in Texas.....I call B.S. Hit it harder next time. :D

Wet grass? It's August in Texas.....I call B.S. Hit it harder next time. :D

Yeah our club waters and keeps the prairie dog holes to minimum :)

I am finding the groove with this club though--I am almost out to your 4 wood distances now!

Last edited:
Yeah our club waters and keeps the prairie dog holes to minimum :)

I am finding the grove with this club though--I am almost out to your 4 wood distances now!

That's funny. I played with Jrod last week and was super proud of being about 15 yards short of his 3 wood. That's a good poke for me.

I see for the last Srixon Driver they had a cool phone app to help with your settings which you can check out here. http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...35-Srixon-Z-Star-Driver-amp-Fitting-App-Video Any idea if they will have something similar to this coming out. I am still trying to figure out all these settings.

I checked the app store (searched for "Srixon"), and they had an app for the *25 series that came before the 45s, but the app appears to be in Japanese. This would definitely be something I would check out if they released with this series.

What issues are you having with adjustments coers? Didn't you have a picture with an explanation on the settings?

Yeah I got that picture but it's kinda confusing to me. Im just trying to set it to a 10.5° Draw Bias Closed face. That video of the app is pretty sweet on setting you driver so easily. I imagine once it's out for sell they'll have something. I imagine when we get our weight set from Cleveland/Srixon it might have something with it.
What issues are you having with adjustments coers? Didn't you have a picture with an explanation on the settings?

NU with it closed a click.

Looks like it.

Distance is still exceptional on this with me. Still need to figure out my setting. Went to NU setting which I believe adds 1 degree of loft and closes the face slightly. Only got to hit it once yesterday but it did the job. Hoping to get out today and provide some more feedback

Trying to figure this one out still. I feel like my shaft pairing isn't great with this one. I am getting better with it, but still have a two way miss going on right now that is hurting my scores. Being honest however, distance is phenomenal when struck well. I am going to continue to tinker. Does anyone know if this is the same adapter as the 588 Custom? If so I have a plan......

Trying to figure this one out still. I feel like my shaft pairing isn't great with this one. I am getting better with it, but still have a two way miss going on right now that is hurting my scores. Being honest however, distance is phenomenal when struck well. I am going to continue to tinker. Does anyone know if this is the same adapter as the 588 Custom? If so I have a plan......

perfect pair?--not certain--but it does fit (locks in perfect and looks the same to me). I would not play it anything other than neutral though--not sure the offsets are exact on it. I played another shaft in it today but it was not the magic I had hoped--still prefer the launch of the KK 60x I have in it so its staying at the moment.

perfect pair?--not certain--but it does fit (locks in perfect and looks the same to me). I would not play it anything other than neutral though--not sure the offsets are exact on it. I played another shaft in it today but it was not the magic I had hoped--still prefer the launch of the KK 60x I have in it so its staying at the moment.

Interesting - thanks!

Back