Srixon Z 545 & Z 745 Driver Preview

The 745 is getting a workout this weekend & I think someone new is a big fan.
His name sound like muckbob

I can't wait to hit mikes driver this weekend

lets just say someone left with my Alpha to try out and i currently don't have a driver GIVE ME A RELEASE DATE!!!!!!!!
That good bro?

That good bro?

Buckjob was close to putting a bag over Nate's head so that he could steal the Srixon driver from Nate. Both of them knocked the crap out of the ball with that driver.

Buckjob was close to putting a bag over Nate's head so that he could steal the Srixon driver from Nate. Both of them knocked the crap out of the ball with that driver.
Scary that buck found a driver. I knew Nate was crushing dimples but now buck, attention is peaked

Scary that buck found a driver. I knew Nate was crushing dimples but now buck, attention is peaked

It was quite fun watching his eyes light up after each swing. Some very impressive strokes.

It was quite fun watching his eyes light up after each swing. Some very impressive strokes.

Gonna have to swing this bad boy real soon

Looks gorgeous and I love that Kuro Kage.

That good bro?

I've been so inconsistent with my driver cause I can't find a shaft I like for the alpha that is more consistent. I dunno what it is but the head shape is a perfect mix of what I like to look down at and what actually works for my swing. And the shaft is money! One of the best drivers I've ever hit. And I love the alpha.

I would have taken some swings, but my bank account wouldn't have appreciated those swings.

I'm glad that other people are getting the chance to see how good these drivers are.

I'm still tinkering with setup, and I'm not sure a 9.5 degree driver is for me, but when I'm on, this thing is an absolute beast. I've been in a funk lately, and driving has been awful for me, so I'm going to wait until I'm swinging better to pass any judgement, since from a feel/weighting perspective, it's just about perfect.

I'm glad that other people are getting the chance to see how good these drivers are.

I'm still tinkering with setup, and I'm not sure a 9.5 degree driver is for me, but when I'm on, this thing is an absolute beast. I've been in a funk lately, and driving has been awful for me, so I'm going to wait until I'm swinging better to pass any judgement, since from a feel/weighting perspective, it's just about perfect.

You have the 745, right?

What are the big difference between the two drivers!

You have the 745, right?

What are the big difference between the two drivers!

I've got the 545 - Nate has the 745. The 545 is 460cc and is more on the GI side (though to me lower spin than say, the standard Bertha), the 745 is 430cc lower spinning player's head. There's also an extra adjustable weight in the back of the 545 head for a bit more fine tuning, while the 745 has the weight in the center, so mostly for swingweight I'd think.

I think my favorite thing about these drivers is the look of the face. I don't know if it's 'old school' or not but the lines going all the way across with no fancy markings is very cool.

I've got the 545 - Nate has the 745. The 545 is 460cc and is more on the GI side (though to me lower spin than say, the standard Bertha), the 745 is 430cc lower spinning player's head. There's also an extra adjustable weight in the back of the 545 head for a bit more fine tuning, while the 745 has the weight in the center, so mostly for swingweight I'd think.

offer still stands to take it off your hands if/when you want to part with it...:laugh::joy:

I can't find a thread are there pics of the fairway woods? And I'm only seeing one model online not a 545 and 745 in the woods just F45?

All this chatter about how good these are really has me wanting to give these a good try.

When these are released hopefully I can find somewhere that has some solid shaft offerings to put these to the test.

I've been so inconsistent with my driver cause I can't find a shaft I like for the alpha that is more consistent. I dunno what it is but the head shape is a perfect mix of what I like to look down at and what actually works for my swing. And the shaft is money! One of the best drivers I've ever hit. And I love the alpha.

Buck made the fatal mistake of asking to hit it in our Sat. AM round and just started murdering it. He didn't hit his driver again the rest of the weekend. He missed a few left at the beginning as I think he was trying to hammer them right off the bat but then started to settle into his swing and found a speed and rhythm that worked for him the best with it. If he missed one he would throw another down on the tee and just boom it.

Buck said something interesting to me during the round that I hadn't thought about. He hit a few, what I would call very good drives but maybe just missed the center a bit from being a perfect drive. I then would hit a great drive and we would be about 5-10 yards apart from one another. The face seems to be very lively!

This weekend is exactly what I needed (in more ways than one) with MY driver (sorry Buck). I had only played a few rounds with it since the MC and maybe a range session or 2 with it. But playing 4 rounds in 3 days is what the Dr. ordered. By rounds 3 and 4 I was flighting the ball how I wanted and my confidence was sky high. The Optiforce has been replaced and it's nothing it did wrong.

Funny story, but we get to the 18th hole on Sunday afternoon, our last hole of the weekend and Buck gets ready to tee off (par 4). As he's getting ready I tell him, "This is the last hit you are going to have with this driver till they are released. It will be the drive you remember the most so you better make it count." He gets up and hits it perfect, even with a slight baby draw to the middle of the fairway. He turns around and says, "You're not getting it back. I might have to beat you for it right now." And he wasn't playing. Ha-Ha! Such a great moment.

I would have taken some swings, but my bank account wouldn't have appreciated those swings.
I was waiting for you to grab ahold of it but you resisted!!

One more note on the stock Kuro Kage offering with these drivers. They are great. I had some doubts at the beginning as I was tuning and experimenting, even to the point on wanting to maybe try some of my current shafts instead. No more. Like Buck said earlier, it's a great pairing. It's not whippy but it's not a stiff board.

One more note on the stock Kuro Kage offering with these drivers. They are great. I had some doubts at the beginning as I was tuning and experimenting, even to the point on wanting to maybe try some of my current shafts instead. No more. Like Buck said earlier, it's a great pairing. It's not whippy but it's not a stiff board.

I'd agree with you there. I think it's a great pairing, and I probably wouldn't do much if any experimenting there. I like that they went with the KK Black 60 instead of the 50.

This is my issue. I think that I did a poor job with the shaft choice. The head is awesome. I'm going to get this hear out in the red tie at some point in the future and report back. The black tie, with this head seems to be too low spinning for me. I do love the head though.

Back