Srixon Z 545 & Z 745 Driver Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
That big sweet spot sure does look nice. Interested to see what the testers report. Might have just bought my irons, but a friend of mine is in the market for some.

I love that deep face on the 545. This will get a serious look from me.

That sole design has me interested.

Yes please to the 545. Love the looks and sounds of the 745 as well but don't have the ball striking ability for it anymore.

Love the look.

545 for me please. Love the stock shaft choice.

Like the 545 would definitely love to compare it to my bio cell

Both options look solid. Would love to get some time with the 745 in particular.

545 for me please. Love the stock shaft choice.

I'll have a bit more to say later, but I love the KK Black as a shaft pairing with this driver.

Gorgeous!

Looks terrific. Definitely interested to hear more.

This Driver is absolute money. I didn't think anything could take the G20 out of the bag but this will be a serious contender.

Any of you MC Cleveland/Srixon staffers that will be in West Palm with the 545 drinks are on me for a quick look at it.

Solid looking offerings here. Would have to guess that the 745 430cc model is the lower spinning option of the 2, really happy to see Srixon back in the US with another driver offering as I enjoyed the previous Z-Star.

Woohoo. Happy golfing Monday. These look and sound like awesome drivers. Cannot wait to get the hands on them.

Any of you MC Cleveland/Srixon staffers that will be in West Palm with the 545 drinks are on me for a quick look at it.

I think 441 is your man there. I didn't take a swing with any of these, but they looks absolutely fantastic and I saw some missiles being launched right from the get go.

Srixon Z 545 & Z 745 Driver Preview

I think 441 is your man there. I didn't take a swing with any of these, but they looks absolutely fantastic and I saw some missiles being launched right from the get go.

Yeah I think so. Time to start buttering up the party planner and maybe he'll let me touch it :)

Last edited:
Great looking driver. The angled look of the thin face is interesting. Would love to try this thing out.

I like these quite a bit. Hopefully they make it up North.

Looking these over at Sponsor Day....if they perform anything close to the looks....they will be on many a ponder list.

Wow what a beauty! I would love the give this one a test drive. I like the non tour version and to have the adjustable part made simple is a winner.

I like the 545 driver. More than I expected to for a couple reasons I'll detail later.

I've been saying for awhile now that I felt like CGSrixon needed to put out what I'd call a middle of the road adjustable driver and they seem to have delivered here. What I mean by that is that last year they (Cleveland) had what I'd call two extremes - a lower spinning adjustable driver and then an ultralite bonded driver. They were missing a game improvement'ish adjustable driver and I couldn't really get comfortable with either of them.

We were all offered the 9.5° head, which wasn't what I'd call optimal (and did cause some concern prior to the Morgan Cup), but it didn't end up being a big deal. I think if I was trying to really dial myself in the 10.5° would be the direction I'd lean, but the adjustability was seemingly built with my in mind. The N setting has a face that sits 1° open, so in raising the loft a click I was able to bring it up to 10.5° with a square face (more loft is achieved by closing the face). We are waiting on the weight kits at the moment and will be able to comment on them down the road.

My initial thought was that this could be too low spinning of a head, which it really doesn't seem to be (will have to do some monitor testing to confirm, but ball flight is usually a good indicator for me with my experience using monitors/seeing ball flight). That is as long as you're not pretty far out on the toe. High toe definitely tossed out some very low spin balls that will divebomb if you're a hooker, but anything near the center has treated me quite well. As long as I don't shut down the face I'm seeing mid to mid-high trajectory.

Sound is great and center contact is pretty enticing. A nice resonating bonk that isn't too loud or too muted. Ball feels heavy and just pops off the face when you hit it in the middle.

The shaft will be either loved or hated I'm guessing based on the golfer's swing, but I really liked it and though it matched the head nicely. It's a mid-bend shaft, so fits into the profile that I personally like. Very smooth and you can feel it load up. The balance point is higher (aka counterbalanced), which is something we're seeing more of now. The benefit there is that they can add some head weight but still keep the swingweight in line. Supposedly increases the MOI of the club (not the face) and delivers more ball speed without having to go light. I can't confirm that, but just a short explanation of what they are saying in the marketing material.

Grip is awesome. An all-red Utx, which I'd buy 100 of if I could. Looks and feels good and is top-tier for moisture management. The whole club looks mean. Red grip, black shaft, blacked out head.

Total distance seems comparable to my XHot. I think I may have lost a bit of carry due to a slightly lower trajectory, but I'm also playing this in a lower loft.

I took one swing with Nate's driver in Myrtle. Not sure what the model was, but the result was a nice draw that had some nice distance. I'm not sure what shaft he had in it (way too stiff & heavy for me), but I like the way the ball jumped off the face and it was easy to hit.

I'm looking forward to more information from the MC'ers who gamed these.

I don't know how I feel about the irons and fairway woods, but the driver looks nice. Going off looks alone at this point. Interested to hear more about these.

~Rock

Back