Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

Picked them up today from getting adjusted. Few days backlog my a$$. Will put some different grips on tomorrow I'm thinking and see how they feel.

We just ordered a Combo set for one of the players on my team, and the ZX7’s in the combo set are back ordered to at least May.
Ordered my set Feb 19th, was told 15-20 business days, guessing its gonna be a lot longer than 20

Ordered my set Feb 19th, was told 15-20 business days, guessing its gonna be a lot longer than 20
I think it depends on the grips you ordered, you may have gotten in before things really slowed down. I also ordered a second set of ZX7s for myself in late January and I got them this Monday. So I think it was about a month before they had them shipped for order that far back.

Ordered my ZX5’s 2/21. Expected ship date is 4/16...ugh.. 5-AW, stock shaft, and grip
Check with your local box stores.

I'm up in the Cleveland area and the 2 GG stores each had a stock set of these.
You might be to grab a set this way and then cancel your online order.

This is what I did, and TBH not feeling all that badly about going that route. My LGS had a brand new, un-hit demo set with all heads still in plastic, and I scooped them up for convenience (and because I fit into standard specs well enough). I already regripped them so some added expense, but the 3% credit my shop gives with each purchase basically paid for the grips. And, I may re-shaft later, but at least for now I've got irons to tinker with!

Had a backorder on my $ taper shafts. Should arrive at the build center on March 12. Hopeful that I'll have them in hand by April 1! Gives me almost a month to get used to prior to our first MGA event of the year. Love seeing everyone's pics and feedback!

Everyone hang in there, the wait will be worth it. Hit them again outside for just the 3rd time. Even in 40 degree weather, they are just a pure pleasure to hit. They are just about perfect. Best irons ever hit. Hitting hard range balls into a 15 mph wind and wind chill in the low 30’s, didn’t get one single vibration on the hands. Ball holds the line perfectly, not too high or too low considering the headwind. Can’t imagine hitting them in mid-80s weather. Coming from TM 790’s and these just BLOW them away. Speed foam NOT. Best 4 iron I ever hit.

D70D50C5-E2C9-4D7F-869A-68371220065E.jpeg

Last edited:
Update on shipping. Ordered Feb 8. Was told today they would ship within 7-10 days. Then however long shipping takes. Working on patience.
Ordered my ZX5’s 2/21. Expected ship date is 4/16...ugh.. 5-AW, stock shaft, and grip

this is depressing haha. If I have to wait until late April or may??? Oh lort..... 😢

Neither Dick's or Golf Galaxy had 5-AW in stock here locally. I've already paid in full. Got $120 in rewards buying from them. Using that towards new Zipcore wedges. ;)

I think it depends on the grips you ordered, you may have gotten in before things really slowed down. I also ordered a second set of ZX7s for myself in late January and I got them this Monday. So I think it was about a month before they had them shipped for order that far back.
Well actually...... they arrived today, didn't even get a shipping notice or anything, so i guess i wont be waiting another 4-6 weeks lol

THESE LOOK SO DAMN GOOD!!!!!

the heads should require a NSFW tag these are beautiful, way smaller in person than pictures or video show them..... IM in love:love:SRIXON BOX.jpgSRIXON CLUBS.jpgSRIXION HEAD.jpgSRIXION HEAD.jpg

Last edited:
Well actually...... they arrived today, didn't even get a shipping notice or anything, so i guess i wont be waiting another 4-6 weeks lol

THESE LOOK SO DAMN GOOD!!!!!

the heads should require a NSFW tag these are beautiful, way smaller in person than pictures or video show them..... IM in love:love:View attachment 8996279View attachment 8996280View attachment 8996281View attachment 8996281
I hit your club setup as a demo the other day.
You're right.... you need a NSFW sticker on these babes!
These are better in person than even in pictures.

Put the ZX5 (5-A) irons in the bag and hit them last night. I don’t think I personally would want to go to any slimmer profile iron. Coming from the Mavriks, I am having to adjust some things. So far I am very impressed with the Srixons. Beautiful design and feel wonderful
Which Mavriks??

Hate hearing all this backorder talk but if you can wait they will be worth it. On a very short list of irons that I REALLY liked hitting during the THP Showcase week.

View attachment 8996101

So the blackout re-shaft got done, took them out yesterday, and played... ehh. 206 5i into the par 3 2nd to 15', right side 6i on 3, good AW into 4 and 5, and then it got progressively worse. 😢

Body wasn't very happy and playing in complete slop probably didn't help, but all night and today I'm like 'Why would the new sexiness betray like that?! WHHYY??'

And then I realized that in my excitement to get them out on course, and doing and thinking about 811 other things yesterday, I never checked/bent the loft and lies!! All bad outcomes rationalized, hope restored!!

I'm gonna go do that now. Except on maybe the 5i and AW. They're obviously fine. :p
those look sexy!! love the PX black shafts

I ordered my ZX5's on 2/13. They estimated a 3/30 due date. So, I still have a ways to go before they get in. Argh.

The eagle has landed! Man do these ZX5's looks great in person. Looking forward to getting some work on the sim with them (still a bit too cold to be outdoors for me)

Any new intel on backorder issues? Another forum said Srixon was having difficulty sourcing Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips. Of course, that is what I ordered.

Any new intel on backorder issues? Another forum said Srixon was having difficulty sourcing Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips. Of course, that is what I ordered.

Well hopefully (for me sorry buddy haha) it’s grips and not zx7 heads. I ordered z cords. But I’m pretty sure even the heads (at least 7-pw) are backed up too

Well hopefully (for me sorry buddy haha) it’s grips and not zx7 heads. I ordered z cords. But I’m pretty sure even the heads (at least 7-pw) are backed up too
I'm waiting on ZX5's. Probably similar issue as ZX7's.

Had a really solid day with the ZX5’s. I played a pretty tough course in the wind today and I was hitting these very well. I am thumping the 6 iron a long ways For me and it is very easy to hit. I had 3 stellar shots with it from about 175 yards. These are about a half club longer than the 785’s and I am getting really comfortable with them already. I had three birdies, 3 bogies and 2 doubles today. i had one penalty shot with a 9 iron on a par three that the wind grabbed and slung it in the water, it was pin high. I re-teed and hit it inside 3 feet and made the bogey. Srixon has knocked this release out of the park.

Interesting reading about the forgiveness of the ZX7. Some say its demanding, others forgiving for the category it’s in. Would love to read about some first hand experiences of people who’ve used 785/765/965/Z-Forged etc

I recently switched from 765/965 to 785/Z-Forged. I’m not getting on well with the ZF but find the 785 really playable and forgiving enough. In my experience the 965 were very forgiving for a blade and that hasn’t translated for me to the ZF. So I might make the change to the ZX7 assuming it’s as forgiving as the 785

Back