Steadfast Golf Shaft

Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
I have a problem with golf driver shafts. I like to try them. Even with all the testing I have stuck with the same shaft for about a year now and have had good success with it.

But, I saw on instagram an advertisement for Steadfast golf shafts and their very bold claims and was curious. So I went to the site and read what they had to say and was more curios. Then I saw the price tag of $99 and just had to get one. At that price even if it is trash it really no lose. I did email them and they were actually very responsive which was pretty cool and give me some details on the shaft that were lacking from the site.

Right now it is just a driver shaft. They are working on fairway woods and iron shafts as well. It is very very low torque. 1.2 in the X stiff and about 70 grams in weight. So I expect it to feel like rebar but again that is to be deteremined.

So I ordered one today, I have no idea how long it will take to get here. But they also shipped it for free.

Last edited:
I saw this ad just the other day! Will be curious what you see, especially at your speed!

Wow, that torque is intriguing for sure.

Definitely wanna hear your thoughts on it once you test it out.

Here is the response to some questions I asked as info.

When we set out to make a shaft we tested everything. There was one shaft that stood out against all others and this may be a surprise:

Fujikura XLR8

The only thing was that it has to come from a PGA player. The shafts that they put XLR8 were not all created or made equal. Later to be found the case with the other manufacturers as well.

Summary is we wanted to duplicate that xlr8 shaft in performance minus it's horrid dispersion. Backspin and distance was amazing though.

Our shaft follows the bend profile perfectly. The difference is weight and torque.

Fujikura Pro XLR8 1x is 74g and has 5.5 torque

The EI profile was abandoned fairly early in testing. We found that a simple weight on the end of shaft was a far better predictor of performance numbers. In the end it kinda makes sense because that's mirroring a club head.

Yes we are tip stiff with a lower kickpoint. That's something that fujikura does very well. They help players get the ball into the air with this setup

Hopefully this helps

When we set out to make a shaft we tested everything. There was one shaft that stood out against all others and this may be a surprise:

Fujikura XLR8

The only thing was that it has to come from a PGA player. The shafts that they put XLR8 were not all created or made equal. Later to be found the case with the other manufacturers as well.

Summary is we wanted to duplicate that xlr8 shaft in performance minus it's horrid dispersion. Backspin and distance was amazing though.

Our shaft follows the bend profile perfectly. The difference is weight and torque.

The EI profile was abandoned fairly early in testing. We found that a simple weight on the end of shaft was a far better predictor of performance numbers. In the end it kinda makes sense because that's mirroring a club head.

Yes we are tip stiff with a lower kickpoint. That's something that fujikura does very well. They help players get the ball into the air with this setup

Hopefully this helps
Wow. That is straight forward, and bold.

Interesting. I always wonder how they're measuring torque, and how the effective torque along different parts of the shaft are going to have different torque values due to materials used and manufacturing technique in different parts of the shaft.

Often people need some torque to square the face some, so that low torque in a reg flex is interesting. Almost counter-intuitive.

I wish they had a 70g S-flex (yes the mightily named “Smiter” is likely a tweener now between S and X). My rebar shafts aren’t cutting it anymore.

I like the weight in the X, just afraid it’ll be too much shaft for me anymore and I won’t have the speed to load it.

Will be following along with a lot of interest to see what you think.

Fujikura XLR8

Hopefully this helps

You got much more info than I did and a friend of mine that works with an OEM. Good job.

Interesting they went after one specific profile. Is Fuji OK with this? Do they have to pay royalties?
Thinking back anything close to this that I played over the years.... Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue? Active tip but stable?
Back then it was paired with a G2 8.5º. :unsure::ROFLMAO:
Soooo many shafts out there. :eek:

Interesting they went after one specific profile. Is Fuji OK with this? Do they have to pay royalties?
Thinking back anything close to this that I played over the years.... Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue? Active tip but stable?
Back then it was paired with a G2 8.5º. :unsure::ROFLMAO:
Soooo many shafts out there. :eek:

i have no idea on any of this. My thought is that many companies produce similar “profiles”. It is the construction, process, and materials that are protected. But I honestly have no idea..and I am completely speculating. That profile is fairly old at this point.

i have no idea on any of this. My thought is that many companies produce similar “profiles”. It is the construction, process, and materials that are protected. But I honestly have no idea..and I am completely speculating. That profile is fairly old at this point.
Yeah, they mentioned the EI profile and that took me waaay back... (y)

Got the email that it shipped today. Guessing it will be here some time next week. I would call that reasonably quick for something like this.

wow so funny I found this here. This has been all over my FB page this week. for $99 and supposed full refund guarantee im intrigued to try it....highly doubt that I will but I have been looking for info and reviews

Not sure what id try between 60g stiff or 70g X. Typically im a 60x and would lean towards the 60 stiff

wow so funny I found this here. This has been all over my FB page this week. for $99 and supposed full refund guarantee im intrigued to try it....highly doubt that I will but I have been looking for info and reviews

Not sure what id try between 60g stiff or 70g X. Typically im a 60x and would lean towards the 60 stiff

Well, I should have more info in about a week I would guess..

Well, I should have more info in about a week I would guess..

Same as @jfrigo1003

I can hit my kids club with a 60g S flex but I don’t like the weight of the shaft. I’m now a tweener. I’ve still got the HZRDUS Yellow 70g class in 6.5 in my driver but it’s slightly too much shaft for me anymore. I like the weight though.

I’d probably go 60g S flex if it’s as stout as they say. Really looking forward to feedback on this.

I can add weight if needed. Anyone ever lead tape a shaft? Lol.

Call me curious as well.

I wish they had a 70g S-flex (yes the mightily named “Smiter” is likely a tweener now between S and X). My rebar shafts aren’t cutting it anymore.

I like the weight in the X, just afraid it’ll be too much shaft for me anymore and I won’t have the speed to load it.

Will be following along with a lot of interest to see what you think.

will be interesting to follow your evaluation

one of my favorite shafts has been the Fujikura Fuel Tour 70S and I still play them

Fujikura Fuel Tour 70S.jpg

Tracking shows this delivering tomorrow..

I’ve spent the last ten minutes reading everything I could on their website and I’m not sure I buy it yet. I’ll be following this to see how it performs

Saw an ad for this on Facebook, clearly the algorithm is working well based on the responses here. Color me intrigued as well...

I figured it’s a weeks worth of Starbucks. If it is sucks no biggie. I was curious.

If this shafts performs well, what does that say about how much we are potentially being Overcharged by aftermarket shaft companies. Or it could totally suck and show that if you want something good you have to pay for it..

Back