Storing and Organizing Used Golf Balls

Golfer_LD

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello,

I'm currently looking for a nice, cheap, and organized way to store and sort the used golf balls I currently have on hand. I currently have about 25 dozen loose golf balls that I would really like to get sorted and organized. I currently just have them in a couple of shipping boxes which isn't very organized. So, what do you do with all of your loose used golf balls? I would keep them in old sleeves and boxes but I only have about a few of those on hand.

Thanks in Advance

Egg cartons?

Kids shoe boxes work well too... if you don't have any egg cartons lying around. My grandfather used the egg carton method for decades...

I just give them to a local program that supports junior golf. The kids don't mind a scuff and they can lose them and not worry about it.

I may do that with some of the ones I find that are still in decent shape but aren't balls that I play. I've bought approx 14 dozen from LostGolfBalls.com though so I really don't want to give away any balls that I just payed for. I'm just looking for some better organization than the plastic bag the LGB balls come in.

I use coffee cans. I put a piece of tape on the front and top of the can and write down what type of ball is inside it. They stack easily and keep everything tidy

I separated mine into brands and then type and used WalMart bags! Then gave away a bunch of bags of balls some friends use that I don't use.

Already been said, but egg cartons and coffee cans are both good ideas I've seen in the past. With the quantity of balls you have, maybe milk crates would be a better option.

If you ever purchase the 50/100 balls buckets from Lost Golf Balls those containers work really well. Just take 2 pieces of cardboard and notch them to make an "X" and now you have it divided into 4 sections.

Egg cartons, and I know some of the ball hawks at my course use Ziploc bags. Those hold a dozen flat and stack nicely.

I use half gallon ice cream buckets.

Egg cartons, and I know some of the ball hawks at my course use Ziploc bags. Those hold a dozen flat and stack nicely.

Forgot about that. For the balls my wife an I use, that is what I do!

If you ever purchase the 50/100 balls buckets from Lost Golf Balls those containers work really well. Just take 2 pieces of cardboard and notch them to make an "X" and now you have it divided into 4 sections.

I don't have any of the buckets from LGB but the idea of using cardboard to make sections is really good. I can easily use that idea to create sections in the boxes I'm already using, and that will create a much more organized mess. Thanks

All of mine are in a 3 gallon trash can, but its starting to over flow, so its probably time for a 5 gallon...

What about a box from a case of wine with the dividers?

I'm an Ikea hacker but this shouldn't even be considered a hack...

I use Ikea's SKUBB closet organizer with the optional drawers (not shown).

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00193386/

I also have a drawer for tees, gloves, and other various accessories.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362554668.973420.jpg

i use zip-lock bags.

I use egg cartons if we have one empty. Otherwise I just save the dozen box that the new balls come in for storage. The close well and you can hold 12 loose balls in a very organized fashion. Plus, their pretty easy to come by on the course or in a pro shop if you need extra.

I have a paper lunch bag for every brand and I sort them by brand. Then put all the paper bags in one big box.

When I was a kid my Dad worked on weekends at a nice little 9 hole course, I would play every weekend in the moning and ball hunt in the afternoon. One summer I came away with close to 2 beer keg tubes full. I would clean them at home and sort them into shoe boxes. The owner let me set up a couple stands on the course for people to buy balls. Made close to $300 that summer and it paid for my new set of irons. Most guys didnt realize they were paying for their balls twice or sometimes 3 times!!

At this point I have all these random used golf balls in another golf bag, I need to find a paint bucket or somethkng, I have so many used balls right now

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

When they get too worn out to play, I use them to practice my driver off the deck shot out in to a water hazard when waiting on the tee for the slow-pokes ahead of us. (I waste some of my best shots that way :golf2: ) Sometimes I'll toss 2 or 3 to the kids that I see around the clubhouse in the summer. Helps them replace the ones they always lose in the hazards on the par 3 course.

25 dozen used balls? Wow! I've never found a good reason for saving them after they have become too worn to play with. On the other hand, I have about 2000 tees, yet I haven't bought one for more than 20 years. I can't stop myself from picking them up when I find them discarded on tee boxes. :confused2:

why is this even a problem? I mean, it's a golf ball, not a piece of fine china. Also, if you're not using them for practice and they're literally just going to sit around while you hoard them, then maybe you should give them to a junior organization or something. It seems to me that if you have more than you can easily store in your bag plus maybe 15-20 more, then you're accumulating them at a rate that will lead to just having more and more over time, and that's just wasteful

Back