Straight Razor Shaving

I just ordered 6 these gift sets for my Groomsmen/Father/Father in Law.

Comes with everything one would need. Manufactured in Wisconsin!

http://element.mn/products/gift-set

That looks like a super slick setup Troy!

I will reiterate that everyone needs to try multiple blades to find what works best for them. Also for new guys shave a couple times with each blade then switch and then work your way through them again as your technique will get better.

I've been using the new Razor since Friday. Knock on wood, but no cuts or irritation yet. I don't feel like I'm getting as close of a shave as I should be, but I'm sure it'll come with better technique.

Are you only shaving with the grain?

What blade are you using?

Are you only shaving with the grain?

What blade are you using?

Yes I am, I have no idea why I thought I didn't need to go against after, I normally did with a cartridge.

Make your second pass across the grain then if you need a third go against.

Even with my thick hair I can go 36hrs at station with just 2 passes(with then across)

how the new razor workin Wake?

Working well, going to try a new blade tomorrow. I haven't had much luck going across the grain, but have been going with then against with no problems. Other issue is i tend to put too much water with the lather, but getting better about that.

You'll find one that you like and cuts well for you, I suggest making notes about the blade before you switch on how it cuts day old vs 2 or three day old growth.

Takes a bit of time and feel. are you using soap or cream?

You'll find one that you like and cuts well for you, I suggest making notes about the blade before you switch on how it cuts day old vs 2 or three day old growth.

Takes a bit of time and feel. are you using soap or cream?

Cream, not sure if it's a great one

How's your switch going wake?

I'm still really liking my ikon open comb great feel and cut

How's your switch going wake?

I'm still really liking my ikon open comb great feel and cut
It's going well, I still don't think the shave is any better than with a cartridge, but it is more enjoyable.

Well I'm glad your enjoying it more. I also think it's a great way to start or end the day with a little relaxing time.

Glad to see so many others that enjoy a good de shave. Opened up a new pack of feather blades this morning. Ninja sharp

Been using a straight blade for about 2 years now. Use Shark Super Stainless half blades in a Dovo Blue. My wife actually got me started using rose water for astringent lately. I laughed at first but it works like a charm!

Been using a straight blade for about 2 years now. Use Shark Super Stainless half blades in a Dovo Blue. My wife actually got me started using rose water for astringent lately. I laughed at first but it works like a charm!

Are those disposables that lock in the handle or permanent blades that you need a strop and honing block to keep sharp?

Are those disposables that lock in the handle or permanent blades that you need a strop and honing block to keep sharp?

Disposable that locks in the handle. I use a new one every time I shave.

Disposable that locks in the handle. I use a new one every time I shave.

How hard are they to use? I currently use a Merkur DE safety razor so I am not going from a Mach3 but still not all the way.

How hard are they to use? I currently use a Merkur DE safety razor so I am not going from a Mach3 but still not all the way.

I find it very easy to use. I went from a safety razor as well and in the 2 years since switching over I have never even nicked myself once. GolfinFF put it perfectly, let the razor do the work. Just start the razor almost flat against your face the first time and slowly increase the angle until it starts shaving. I'm sure you already know your trouble spots so just take extra care there.

Back