Keep in mind guys that the android version is still glitchy and hopefully we will have these resolved in the next week or two. The iphone version works as advertised

oops, thanks for the reminder....sorry Ryan Im not buying an Iphone for this weekend

Can we have a viewing mode for users who are not actually playing?

Example, group of THP'ers get together to play a round. However, I'm not actually playing but I'd like to join in on the social banter and see the live scores via the phone.

Keep in mind guys that the android version is still glitchy and hopefully we will have these resolved in the next week or two. The iphone version works as advertised

Hopefully in the next couple weeks I can get it to work then! hahaha

Still so weird it works on my wife's phone but not mine!

What course are you playing? I hope to make it work for you

I play at Scothurst in Lumber Bridge, NC. It's on the database and all the points are there, but from experience with others that are overlaid on the imagery, the imagery isn't correct.

Can we have a viewing mode for users who are not actually playing?

Example, group of THP'ers get together to play a round. However, I'm not actually playing but I'd like to join in on the social banter and see the live scores via the phone.

I suggested something similar and I think he said it was in development. I think this would be awesome.

I suggested something similar and I think he said it was in development. I think this would be awesome.
Sorry, but the only way you can do that NOW is for someone to actually put you onto the scorecard. But if you are in their "group", you can always respond to any comments

Installed: Sean Harris

I put this in play today and I must first say that the yardages were extremely accurate based on course markers and my Bushnell. I understand this is still in beta so here are the problems/suggestions that I saw/have.

The GPS screen is nice but it took me a minute to figure out how to input the scores. Then I would have to tap the number 3-4 times before it actually took. I would like to see something thats easier to use/enter scores maybe between switching holes. I also took a phone call around the 13th hole which erased all my stats in the app. I am unable to pull any of the stats out of the app or off the website at this point which really makes this app pointless for me. I like the idea of the social aspect but as others have stated it would be nice to let the group see the round while in progress.

Attempted to play a solo round today. Loading is extremely slow on the droid btw, but I think that is a known issue. I created a game and took me a min to figure out why it didn't just take me straight to the GPS afterwards. You have to go to the home screen and go to current game. Okay fine, not a big deal, but I kept trying to recreate a game thinking it didn't work.

Second my home course, Beaver Creek, is 27 holes. They are titled East, West and South. I tried to load the course but there is nothing distinguishing in the search option that lets me know which course I am actually playing. They all say "Beaver Creek Golf Course,...". How do I know which is East, West or South or whatever combination? Attempted 2x to load the right course but failed so I just gave up.

Love the idea of the social golf game. Seems like there are still a tremendous amount of bugs and enhancements that need to be made. At this point I do not want to beta test the app. Sorry, but I will look back at this app in a few months or next golf season.

OK, so in my emails, Jim wanted to see what happens when I try to set up a game on my phone. So here goes.

First is setting one up on Jacqui's phone. Seems to work just fine.

And here it is on my phone. The golf course does not take. Also the title is blank.

I tried this out for a couple holes today on the course, and as with every other GPS App, it was 12 yards off on the 1st hole and 20 yards off on the next Par 3. I know it's not the App's fault, it's the way the imagery is geo-rectified in this area, but I would kill to have one that actually worked at my home course.

I guess I'm going to break down and get a rangefinder next payday now that my bag is pretty much done. That's the only way I'm going to get accurate yardage out there. It's too bad, because I really like the GUI on this one, but can't pay that much for something to just keep my score. I already have a scorecard app that works well.

Attempted to play a solo round today. Loading is extremely slow on the droid btw, but I think that is a known issue. I created a game and took me a min to figure out why it didn't just take me straight to the GPS afterwards. You have to go to the home screen and go to current game. Okay fine, not a big deal, but I kept trying to recreate a game thinking it didn't work.

Second my home course, Beaver Creek, is 27 holes. They are titled East, West and South. I tried to load the course but there is nothing distinguishing in the search option that lets me know which course I am actually playing. They all say "Beaver Creek Golf Course,...". How do I know which is East, West or South or whatever combination? Attempted 2x to load the right course but failed so I just gave up.

Love the idea of the social golf game. Seems like there are still a tremendous amount of bugs and enhancements that need to be made. At this point I do not want to beta test the app. Sorry, but I will look back at this app in a few months or next golf season.

I believe he advised the Android app will be done in the next week or so.

Slueth,

You should find that the new Android version is much faster on the reload. Most of the issues you guys pointed out are fixed in the new version and we can't thank you enough for the assistance. Regarding your issue with the Beaver Creek course names, that's an Android thing as well. The iPhone pushes the long names to two lines but we missed that on the Android so we'll fix that in the next update as well.

Cheers,

Jim

I tried this out for a couple holes today on the course, and as with every other GPS App, it was 12 yards off on the 1st hole and 20 yards off on the next Par 3. I know it's not the App's fault, it's the way the imagery is geo-rectified in this area, but I would kill to have one that actually worked at my home course.

I guess I'm going to break down and get a rangefinder next payday now that my bag is pretty much done. That's the only way I'm going to get accurate yardage out there. It's too bad, because I really like the GUI on this one, but can't pay that much for something to just keep my score. I already have a scorecard app that works well.

Bullitt5339,

Thanks for the post. First, can you tell me if the GPS in your area seems to be off in a consistent direction or is it completely random as you move around the course. We are discussing various approaches for these situations.

Also regarding your statement "but can't pay that much for something to just keep my score.", please note that the scorecard, leaderboard, etc. is free and doesn't expire.

Thanks again,

Jim

Bullitt5339,

Thanks for the post. First, can you tell me if the GPS in your area seems to be off in a consistent direction or is it completely random as you move around the course. We are discussing various approaches for these situations.

Also regarding your statement "but can't pay that much for something to just keep my score.", please note that the scorecard, leaderboard, etc. is free and doesn't expire.

Thanks again,

Jim

Bulitt5339
One of the nice features of the striker gps app is the distance arrows. While the rangefinder gives you the front middle back distances, you can more precisely find your distance to the flag by zooming in on the green and putting your finger exactly where you think the flag is and this mark will be exact. This feature has nothing to do with coordinates provided by google maps. Further, the same arrows can be used to find layup distances and the the second arrow from that point gives you the distance the the hole.

Did the new version fix your problem?

OK, so in my emails, Jim wanted to see what happens when I try to set up a game on my phone. So here goes.

First is setting one up on Jacqui's phone. Seems to work just fine.

And here it is on my phone. The golf course does not take. Also the title is blank.

thanks to the members of THS for trying out and testing our app after its initial release. Take a peak at our newest update out last week. Many of the bugs have been resolved thanks to your help. With some of your suggestions, we have included a new profile page where you can see your friend's last scorecard and previous scores as well as statistics if they are keeping them. Try it out and as always, give me your feedback.

thanks to the members of THS for trying out and testing our app after its initial release. Take a peak at our newest update out last week. Many of the bugs have been resolved thanks to your help. With some of your suggestions, we have included a new profile page where you can see your friend's last scorecard and previous scores as well as statistics if they are keeping them. Try it out and as always, give me your feedback.

Still no luck for me on the update. Got some other things to try before I give up.

It works on the wife's phone. Same phone as me. Real head scratcher.

Bump, some changes/updates have been made.

Striker,
Your post was removed.

Please contact [email protected] if you would like to use THP and its members to test and sell products.
While its unfortunate that we must take a hard stance, if we allow one company to sell on their own, we must allow all and that leads to far too much spam.

If you would like to schedule a test for THP members, please contact the email listed above.

Bumping an old thread but I received an email this this app is free during December. I pretty much have a primary gps/scorecard app but I'm willing to give it another shot since the 5 round limit has been removed.

Thought I would share.

Carry on.

I got the same email. It had never worked on my phone, but now that i unrooted it, I will try again.

One thing. If you still have free trail games on your account you have to set up some fake games and use them up in order to get the pop up for the free membership.

Seems to be working. It's so odd because others who had a rooted phone were able to use this. Guess I will give it a try the next time I play. Could be a while.

Back