Sun Mountain Hybrid Stand Bag

What I do like and I think I posted some pics earlier in the thread is that you can stash the carry straps and keep them out of the way, while on a walking/riding cart. That is my biggest issue with my stand bag now, the straps get in the way.

That is a pretty cool feature after seeing the pics. I'm going to have to go check out all of my options this week I guess. Thanks again Frank.

That is a pretty cool feature after seeing the pics. I'm going to have to go check out all of my options this week I guess. Thanks again Frank.

As I sit here and think about it more. I'm not sure if you do it when clubs are in the bag. I didn't think about that when I was playing around with it...hmm.

Any opinions on the OGIO RECOIL vs. the Sun Mountain Zero-G?? I amost always carry my clubs, and I want to continue doing this. I don't have back problems, and I want to keep it that way (nearing 50, ya know), so I'm hoping a well-engineered bag can help out. I know both bags are on the heavier side, but with 14 clubs, and dozen+ balls, a quart of water, etc., I don't think a pound or two is a deal breaker -- and I do stretch and keep my core strong, since that's more important than the bag.

Sun Mountain waist strap seems ideal, but I do love the OGIO ZBP (although I now often can play an entire round with only 1-2 balls, so ready ball availability is not as much an issue as it was a few years ago).

I'm replacing my 5 year old Ogio Grom bag -- which I love, but I have new clubs so I want a new bag as well. Also, my Grom doesn't have full length club dividers, and I'm getting tired of my 3W and driver fighting each other to be the first one out.

Thanks for any thoughts on this!!

Just got this today and loaded it up. The pockets are huge on it, and all my clubs slid in with ease. I may be a bit too excited.

Just got this today and loaded it up. The pockets are huge on it, and all my clubs slid in with ease. I may be a bit too excited.

Awesome Frank. Let me know if you have any issues like you did with the Latitude.

Awesome Frank. Let me know if you have any issues like you did with the Latitude.

It has an 11" top with full 14 way dividers. Add on that the bottom doesn't collapse and huge pockets, I'm hoping I'll be just fine.

I personally love mine.

I'm not sure if I should go with the sync or the hybrid

I bought one of these for one of my groomsmen when he couldn't choose a putter for his groomsmans gift - he loves it!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk

a693781d-1675-96ff.jpg

a693781d-1688-b030.jpg

Couple of quick ones.

Nice bag. I don't ever walk so chose the SYNC but this does look very nice and similar to the SYNC.

Nice bag. I don't ever walk so chose the SYNC but this does look very nice and similar to the SYNC.

I got an offer I couldn't refuse but really did like this bag.

Not a single snag all day. This bag is huge as well. Also, look at that cart strap tunneling through. It's perfect!

a6937994-6b36-1f9b.jpg

help me out guys. I almost always walk. i use a SM c-130 cart bag on my SM push cart. I really likes the looks of the SM Hybrid but I have read that the SM Sync is built for the push cart. Whats everyones thoughts. kinda stuck.

help me out guys. I almost always walk. i use a SM c-130 cart bag on my SM push cart. I really likes the looks of the SM Hybrid but I have read that the SM Sync is built for the push cart. Whats everyones thoughts. kinda stuck.

I like to go to the range a lot and love having a stand bag there. I walk a lot and use a Sun Mountain Cart as well, with plans for an upgrade soon. I haven't walked with it yet on the cart but I put this bag on the Speed Carts and the clicgear 3.0 and it sat on there without a problem, while in the store. The pockets in this thing are giant compared to my previous Ping Latitude V2, as well as the opening on the top. Clubs did not snag one time while riding or on the range. Sat on the golf cart great as well, and I love the pass through the cart strap. Extremely happy. Perfect bag.

I like to go to the range a lot and love having a stand bag there. I walk a lot and use a Sun Mountain Cart as well, with plans for an upgrade soon. I haven't walked with it yet on the cart but I put this bag on the Speed Carts and the clicgear 3.0 and it sat on there without a problem, while in the store. The pockets in this thing are giant compared to my previous Ping Latitude V2, as well as the opening on the top. Clubs did not snag one time while riding or on the range. Sat on the golf cart great as well, and I love the pass through the cart strap. Extremely happy. Perfect bag.

Thanks. Yeah I like the idea of the legs for when I am on the range so it's not turning over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just want to post again what a joy this bag is. The pockets blow away any bag I have ever had. Also it may only have 14 slots but the top 2 are large enough for an extra club or an orange whip in addition to the driver or whatever.

This is by far the best bag I have ever owned. Not to heavy to carry but enough space to hold anything you can ever think of. The cart strap slot is a great idea.

One of the best bags on the market IMO. I came from a staff bag and the hybrid has a ton of pocket space, great zippers and tons of room. I normally ride but like others have said I love the fact that I can stand it up with the legs at the range. Fits into every cart I have tried as well. The top opening is very large as I was worried about using a bag that had individual club spaces but they are easy to get in and out. I would recommend this bag to anyone coming from a staff bag.....for me it has worked out well.

Well I figured I'd update this thread - I have had my hybrid bag in play for about 13 rounds and a weekly nine hole round and there is a tear happening on the back of the bag about the size of a nickel. It appears to be where the bag rests against the cart. I secure my bag as tight as possible and even use the extra loop on the bag. I have contacted Sun Mountain and the guy was very nice...took down my info and said he would send me an email with what to do so I could send it back. They would either repair or replace since it was under warranty. That was a week ago, no email so I called again - apparently they had my email address wrong. Updated and still no email as of yet. I will give them til the end of this week and then maybe take it back to Golf Galaxy and see if they will replace. This is a rip I would expect after at least a few years of use -- The last stand bag like this I had was an old PING hoofer and it lasted forever. I really do like this bag and is the first bag I have used besides a staff bag in about 5 years. More to come....

Golf Galaxy will likely swap it immediately.

I have to admit, that I really like the looks of the hybrid bag. If you're like me -- ride or push cart on the course, still want a stand bag for the range, and like to carry a lot of junk -- this seems to be about the best thing on the market. I didn't really like the sacrifices made by the MPB bag, but this one seems to resolve them.

I also think Sun Mountains are about the best bag made. I've had one that I used a lot and it lasted well. I also have come across some old, faded ones that are still going on strong.

I just wanted to give Sun Mountain props on my bag issues above. I finally got the email and sent the bag off to Sun Mountain for them to look at and see if the rip could be fixed or if they would send me a new bag. In less than a week and a half a new bag showed up at my door. Besides the email issue, which could have been the fault of my phone, their service was good and they made things right. I am still digging this bag and would recommend again. Thanks.

I just wanted to give Sun Mountain props on my bag issues above. I finally got the email and sent the bag off to Sun Mountain for them to look at and see if the rip could be fixed or if they would send me a new bag. In less than a week and a half a new bag showed up at my door. Besides the email issue, which could have been the fault of my phone, their service was good and they made things right. I am still digging this bag and would recommend again. Thanks.

Nice. Always like to hear a story of good customer service.

I'm rather happy with my Sun Mountain bag too. A little issue with the graphite shafts rubbing on the rubber edges of the bag, but nothing serious. Other than that, and the lack of a drinks pocket, it's been the best quality bag I've had yet.

Anyone have an comparison to the Four 5? I have a Four 5 but wanted something with a few more pockets and maybe an extra ring or something to hang things off of. I know that sounds dumb but its become a pain for me to hang towels and rangefinder and brush etc from the 1 hook they provide.

Back