SuperSpeed Golf Review

I started up a week or so ago. Man, swinging left handed is quite awkward. lol Does it get any better? I'm fairly ambidextrous. Bat left, throw left, golf right, bowl right. Racquet sports left. But, haven't swung a golf club left handed in probably 50 yrs. Should I just try to swing fast from the left side or try to work on the proper swing from the left side?
I wouldn't worry about swing mechanics at all from your opposite hand and just focus on speed, or at least that is what I did.

I started up a week or so ago. Man, swinging left handed is quite awkward. lol Does it get any better? I'm fairly ambidextrous. Bat left, throw left, golf right, bowl right. Racquet sports left. But, haven't swung a golf club left handed in probably 50 yrs. Should I just try to swing fast from the left side or try to work on the proper swing from the left side?
The left will get more natural and easier as time passes. I would say keep trying to groove a natural swing from the left side and it will come. Dont know if you are using a swing speed radar but as you progress you should see significant gains in speed from the left side. Really pays off.

Does it get any better?
It definitely will get better. So awkward at first, but the speeds will start to catch up to your righty swings over time.

This speed chase started at 108-110. The driver isn’t a great fit but is a Ping G410 Plus 9* with Tensei Orange CK 60g shaft. I think I’m leaving another 15 yards carry or more on the table with spin alone.

If that’s an About Golf sim, I wouldn’t take what your seeing for gospel, especially the spin numbers. It looks like a more updated version than I usually go to but I couldn’t get driver spin under 3k and it haunted me forever.

Got on a good monitor and presto driver spin in in the 2400 range on a good strike.

The weird thing is, the numbers for irons were pretty much dead on, even spin rates.

My son hits an 11 degree launch bullet draw and it still spun over 3k the About Golf Sim. He got on Trackman and he’s only getting 1600-1700 spin numbers. So we had to make some equipment adjustment the other way.

The system worked for me last year. Starting up again. In one of the protocols you swing from your knees - I will do all of the moves except that one.

If that’s an About Golf sim, I wouldn’t take what your seeing for gospel, especially the spin numbers. It looks like a more updated version than I usually go to but I couldn’t get driver spin under 3k and it haunted me forever.

Got on a good monitor and presto driver spin in in the 2400 range on a good strike.

The weird thing is, the numbers for irons were pretty much dead on, even spin rates.

My son hits an 11 degree launch bullet draw and it still spun over 3k the About Golf Sim. He got on Trackman and he’s only getting 1600-1700 spin numbers. So we had to make some equipment adjustment the other way.

The problem is the numbers match the flight I am getting on course. Way to high.

Just bought this yesterday. Can't wait to get going!

Is there like a top 5, SS radars out there? Would like to know the range and cost ranges of the good ones people use.

Not sure my SS, but driver ball speed is between 155-162 generally on my gc2.

Just bought this yesterday. Can't wait to get going!

Is there like a top 5, SS radars out there? Would like to know the range and cost ranges of the good ones people use.

Not sure my SS, but driver ball speed is between 155-162 generally on my gc2.

I’ve been touting the PRGR (less than $180 if search) for this SS training, and it does more than just swing speed but that’s all I’ve used it for since January. Does a great job for that.

Staying on track, here’s my latest numbers from Tuesday nite.

Green 117
Blue 109
RED 104
DRIVER after session: 104

I’m up 10 mph easy. Can’t wait to see what’s it like on the course this weekend after a few months off due to bad weather.

Don't spend the money on the little white and blue Swing Speed Monitor. I think it makes random suggestions

I love this little PRGR launch monitor, measures swing speed in the house swinging my SuperSpeed sticks and clubs.

I’ll say it again, if you’re doing this program, get something if u can to measure your progress.

When I started after getting the monitor I was showing with the Green stick 100, then 105, then 110. Now like 3 or so weeks later I hit 117 today with the green, and 101 with my driver today with the Black V2. Thrilled with the progress so far.

View attachment 8991187View attachment 8991188
got the same one as well love it

Started the SS training 2 weeks ago. It's been pretty impressive to see where my numbers have gone already. I think as long as I keep with the training things should turn out positive in the end.

Don't spend the money on the little white and blue Swing Speed Monitor. I think it makes random suggestions
Ive had the blue and white one for years but reading about the PRGR i am interested in that as it seems more versatile. Have you compared the two and how is the PRGR for just Superspeed workouts ?

Ive had the blue and white one for years but reading about the PRGR i am interested in that as it seems more versatile. Have you compared the two and how is the PRGR for just Superspeed workouts ?

No but it’s about 10mph slower on driver swings beside a GC Hawk and about golf simulator. I’ll trust those two more.

Rahm is not a happy camper..

Is there like a top 5, SS radars out there?
Dunno about "top 5," but I see the PRGR recommended more often than any other for SS training.

When I'm ready for such training I expect I'll either get the SuperSpeed Golf Training System, which incl. the PRGR, or, if I decide to go with the Golf Slingshot, instead, purchase the PRGR separately.

Well I started back with Day 1 today. Have made some swing changes that are improving my ballstriking but also seem to have slowed my swing down a bit, so wanted to get back into this now that changes are pretty ingrained. Was quite a bit down from where I was 2 years ago with this (although also 2 years older). Only hit 105 with the green today. Long way to go. But dedicated.

I have had the Superspeed system for years. I bought the swing speed radar with it ( the blue and white one). Its been acting up lately and I decided to upgrade to the PRGR unit because it seems to be more versatile. When I called Superspeed to check its availability and spoke with someone there and told them I've been using Superspeed for a while he started to tell me about the Superspeed C and that if I purchased it with the PRGR I would get a $50.00 discount on the PRGR. When I told him I purchased the Superspeed C last March, without me asking (it didn't even cross my mind) he said get me the order number on the C and I will give you a code for the $50.00 discount.The order is placed and I look forward to using it for the Superspeed workouts as well as outside on the range with clubs and balls. Quality product classy company and great customer service.

Like a few others, I am giving this a try. Today will be day 2. From day one I mostly noticed some stiffness in the lower right back area from swinging left handed, but I appreciate the idea of keeping things balanced both ways. The yogi wife gave me some good compensation stretches. From GCQuad my standard swing is about 103-105. With bigger swings I can bump up to 108-110, and my hope is that with some work that's where I can move my standard. We will see if this helps.

PRGR came today. Got my first Superspeed workout in tonight with it at the gym. Very happy with it. Picked up every swing. Easy to see and read. If all it could do was the Superspeed workout it would be worth it. Cant wait to get it to the course to use it to check ball speed and clubbed speed when hitting a ball, and see how that progresses as I get back into the program all out.

What are the swing speed measuring device y’all use? One that just measures swing speed of the speed stick or a club, or one tree measures speed, and other measurables, while hitting a ball?

I use the "Swing Speed Radar".

What are the swing speed measuring device y’all use? One that just measures swing speed of the speed stick or a club, or one tree measures speed, and other measurables, while hitting a ball?
PRGR does both . Very happy with it so far.

Back