SWAG Putters Thread

I'm not overly plugged into the swag fan social media, but the bitching seems extra fierce from the flippers today.

I apologize for the noob question - Do people buy the covers at release with no intent to use them and then sell them immediately?

And use......unnatural.....means to obtain them. It's very annoying. Even more mind blowing is "gaming" them through social media. 🤯
Sniping programs? Is “gaming” the raffle thing?

This is probably going to crush me when I find a cover I really want!

I'm not overly plugged into the swag fan social media, but the bitching seems extra fierce from the flippers today.

They set it up so that if you wanted the special you had to buy the entire set. That was a pricey gamble to obtain covers and then have to potentially flip 5 to 6 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I apologize for the noob question - Do people buy the covers at release with no intent to use them and then sell them immediately?
A lot of people do, yes. I own 3 and I game them all. I don't care for a lot of the designs but I've seen a few that are pretty darn cool that I wanted, regardless of brand. I have a collection of all brands

My page didn’t load them until 12:02, but, I didn’t NEED them anyway. Will try to trade for a Reese’s and a Sour Patch down the road

I've been gaming my OG Capone Mallet, since the time of release. After seeing what they go for now, it's crossed my mind for about .00036 seconds, I should have only displayed it, and made stupid $$ for a headcover.

Then I remember how awesome it is. It's a bit tattered, and the pink sunglasses are more of a peach color now (which is super dope), But I think it's the best one they've released, and deserves to be gamed until it falls apart.

I collect, I just think they’re a **** ton of fun. I rotate most of mine into play, only one or two exceptions.

Yeah, my page didn;t load them until WELL after 12:00, possibly 12:01. 6 packs were sold out by the time it loaded. Got sniped on the blade ah well.

A lot of people do, yes. I own 3 and I game them all. I don't care for a lot of the designs but I've seen a few that are pretty darn cool that I wanted, regardless of brand. I have a collection of all brands
With future apologizing planned for going to test grips and possibly coming home with new wedges, I breathed a slight sigh of relief that the sour patch cover was only available in the 6 pack I was definitely not going to try for. I’m trying really (not very) hard to talk myself out of looking for a defaced on the secondary market.

With future apologizing planned for going to test grips and possibly coming home with new wedges, I breathed a slight sigh of relief that the sour patch cover was only available in the 6 pack I was definitely not going to try for. I’m trying really (not very) hard to talk myself out of looking for a defaced on the secondary market.

OG defaced, or black?

I do a bit of both. I like collecting them because the quality is really great and they are definitely eye catching. I am at about a dozen mallets and 2 full sets of wood covers ( dr/fw/hy). Some I am really drawn to and others not so much. I tend to flip the specials when they show up because my desire to collect is not as high as @Jman and the tend to sell for decent prices where its worth more to me to sell them than keep them.

OG is way better.
I regret not getting one on the secondary market for a reasonable price (sub $200) when I had the chance. It's why i picked up the Blanka now and overpaid a bit. If the Street Fighter series continues, it is going to be very pricey to obtain the entire set, regardless of condition.

I really like the Twix cover from today but I was in a meeting so didn’t get a chance.

What did the full sets end up selling for?

I've been gaming my OG Capone Mallet, since the time of release. After seeing what they go for now, it's crossed my mind for about .00036 seconds, I should have only displayed it, and made stupid $$ for a headcover.

Then I remember how awesome it is. It's a bit tattered, and the pink sunglasses are more of a peach color now (which is super dope), But I think it's the best one they've released, and deserves to be gamed until it falls apart.

Mallet flipper market is pretty much dead, so it was smart to game it (stupid $$ is really only made on various blades).

I regret not getting one on the secondary market for a reasonable price (sub $200) when I had the chance. It's why i picked up the Blanka now and overpaid a bit. If the Street Fighter series continues, it is going to be very pricey to obtain the entire set, regardless of condition.

Market is starting to come back to reality on OG, will probably be able to snag one in the $300 range soon, as compared to $500 a few months ago.

Market is starting to come back to reality on OG, will probably be able to snag one in the $300 range soon, as compared to $500 a few months ago.
I still think that is too much honestly. I choked over $15 on my deal, I was trying for $175 but the seller was at $190 firm, and it went to a different buyer. It was quite a few months ago, right before the market went nuts. I should have bought it, it's a fantastic cover. I am not mad though, I have 21 covers currently (22nd on the way after today), and have probably sold or traded another 10, and given away 2 to others around here.

Is the design different? I just dig the Ben Franks.

Different design and quantities made, Midnight is a 1/3 of the price of OG (can snag one for ~$100).

Back