Swing Thoughts - Forum Testing Review

Got out after work for 18, used the orange swing smooth band. Not to bad of a day, had a ton of thoughts as I approached each shot and after every shot, trying to focus on what I worked on during my last lesson. Yeah you're not supposed to think golf swing on the course, but due to heavy rains the practice range was closed.

Sat in the cart back at the clubhouse making notes from the round and I realized that while I was thinking a lot of thoughts
but once I stepped into address the ball I was focused on a smooth fluid swing and blocked everything else. I think that says a lot about the effectiveness of the swing thought band.
--
tapatalk

Well his is great customer service right here...

Hi there Taylor,

"Thank you for your interest in Swing Thought. We regret to inform you that TEMPO in large/white is currently on backorder. To make up for this we would love to send you a ST Band in its place and send you the TEMPO in large/white when it becomes available free of charge. May we suggest SWING SMOOTH in the mean time. If you wish to reject this idea we will simply refund you for your purchase.

Thank you!"

Haha, good stuff huh TH? I wasn't the least bit upset about the one I ordered currently being out of stock because of how quick they were at getting to me, phenomenal service. I can't wait!

Haha, good stuff huh TH? I wasn't the least bit upset about the one I ordered currently being out of stock because of how quick they were at getting to me, phenomenal service. I can't wait!

Same especially after all the good stuff everyone is saying about the bands

Tap tap taparoo

Update from yesterday and today. Got out the the local Par 3 course with my 3 yr old and I think he was hitting the ball better than I was...:(. I was toeing just about every shot which is not a typical miss for me but apparently it was yesterday. Anyway, I dont know if it was just having to keep an eye on him or what but even the Swing Smooth band wasnt working as usual. I just couldnt settle down into the single swing thought like usual. Oh well...a day of bad golf is better than a day at work.

Today went much better. Got to golf with some family and a fried from work and no son to watch over. The slice on the driver was a little more extreme but after getting a new shaft installed last week and had the new midsize Black Widow grip put on yesterday, today was my first full round with the new setup so that will just need a range session to figure everything out. Irons were working great today and the putter even better.

As for the Swing Thought band, the only bad thing I can think of about this is that I wish that it was an XL and as they told Biggsy they will be out in the near future. With the band being tight on the skin it sweats really bad but the good thing about that is that it slides down under my glove so I have to move it on each swing and I know that its there and it removes any other thoughts that I have running through my thick skull. The paint fill still looks brand new and no sign of wear and tear. If this keeps up (unless they would seem to dry out and crack in the off season when not in use for long periods) we should be able to get several seasons out of a single band.

Played two more rounds with the Focus this weekend. Everything is still holding up great. I didn't play that well. I blame that more on trying a few different things. Focus is still improving I believe. I don't even notice I am wearing the Focus band when I am playing. It helps me gather my thoughts by just taking a glimpse at it.

I have a 9 hole tourny after work so hopefully I will be able to Focus during that.

Played 9 holes yesterday with my Red Focus band. I have pretty much abandoned the black Focus band. The red just helps me pick it up better at address. The band should really say relax for me. I look at it, take a deep breath, loosen my grip a little (I have a tendency to kung fu grip my club) and hit a nice easy shot. It has really helped my iron play tremendously. I feel like every time I post in here I am a broken record, but at least for me, it really works. It has helped me tremendously. Like a few others, I would love a XL band, but there are no signs of wear on the band at all. Still looks brand new.

Played 3 rounds last week, 2 with the tempo band, 1 without. I hate to say this, but I just played better without the band. Much better. I don't really know why, and more testing is necesary, but maybe I will start seeing different results. Switching to the swing smooth now, check back in later.

I've tried playing with the band both on and off. I'm not saying it lowers my scores, but I will say it helps me focus more, which in turn is a good thing. I like having the reminder of that singular swing thought on my wrist. It's not a make or break deal for a good round, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

I really like it on the practice range because with hitting balls continuously it's easy for me to get out of rhythm. The band helps that 100% and that just translates to better thoughts when I'm scoring during a round.

Another 9 last night. Found out I like it best on my left wrist. Played bad but Focus was not to blame. I wish they would create one that has two keys on it. I would probably want "Focus - Legs" or "Focus - Turn"

Another 9 last night. Found out I like it best on my left wrist. Played bad but Focus was not to blame. I wish they would create one that has two keys on it. I would probably want "Focus - Legs" or "Focus - Turn"

Oooh Turn would be a great one for me also.

Went to the range last night to work on my irons again. Brought my black focus band with me because I thought it was being neglected..lol I dont know how much of a test it is but I got 100 balls. Hit 50 with the band on and 50 without. The 50 without, I had 29 good shots, 15 slices, and 6 absolute shanks. For the 50 with the band, I had 43 good shots and 7 slices. I actually wrote down each shot on a piece of paper so I could keep track. For the shots with the band, I stopped before each shot, looked at the band, took a deep breath, addressed the ball and took a shot. For the 50 without the band, I just stepped up and took a shot. Like I said, I tried to be as objective as possible and I am not sure how much of a test it really is, but when I was done and looked at the numbers, I was shocked.

Going for another 9 tonight after work, going to wear the red visualize band see if I can improve my putting.

Well I ordered 2 swingthought bands and they accidently sent it to my billing address which is in Dallas 8 hours away.. I informed them of their mistake and this is the response I got.

"Mr. Ryan,

This was just forwarded to me. We are so sorry for the error. Your card is going to be refunded and you will receive you desired ST Band quickly along with a few others.

We pride ourselves on offering a brand experience like no other in golf and we hope this does not tarnish your experience. We will make it up to you I promise.

Thank you for your interest in Swing Thought and we welcome you to the team!

-Michael "

Great customer service IMO

Got out to the range today, just been busy with work and a few woodworking jobs to golf as much as I like, but gotta pay the bills. Anyway, I had been using the black FOCUS band until today. I figured I would switch it up and used my orange SWING SMOOTH band. I almost like it better, if even just for the color. The black band blend just a little with my glove so you have to really "notice it." With the orange, it was just a glance and I would repeat the thought, which is habit now after using it multiple times. I am going to use the orange this weekend, but I am starting to see that the color for some will be just as important as the saying. And, it was a really good range session after not hitting balls in 5 or 6 days. My fade is completely gone, and I have my draw down to just a baby draw. We will hope this continues into next week. Cheers!

Had some practice time this morning with the tempo swing thought band. It was a bad day hitting wise to say the least, but I did feel my tempo was proper. Like I said earlier these won't cure an ailment but they will put you in the proper mindset. I had a major swing flaw going on today, sorry but I can't fix that with tempo.

I like the simple thought and look forward to some more swing thoughts being released in the future. Also I am very impressed with customer service, these guys go above and beyond.

--
tapatalk

I'm the same, "Focus" was just too broad for me after being on course with mine. Its not the band's fault of course, but "FOCUS" is just to vague gfor me, there was lots for me to focus on like a three-jack, slice, skull...too broad. Now, when my "TEMPO" comes in I may combine them together..."FOCUS - TEMPO"...thats a PERFECT thought for me.

Played 9 after work using the red visualize band had my best 9 holes of the year with a 46. Really played well the first 4 holes and made some really nice putts one to save par, once again the band helps me to relax and think about one thing during my swing or during putting.

Got out for a long practice session last night and tried to change the way I was using the ST bands to see if it changed my outlook on them. What I found was I don't look at my hands much at all. I put them next to the bucket of balls I was using and found that I looked at them in between all my shots. The nice thing about them is it's really nice to see the word before and after your shots, for me the word is "swing smooth", which is really what I need to focus on in all aspects of my game including the short game and putting. I used this same practice at the short game practice area for shots 100 yards and under, sand play and putting. It really kept me focused. I have to say I just can't get them to work for me in the format they are meant to be used, but for me, they really do help in my own way. I'm going to try and see if I can get them attached to my golf bag or clic gear cart in a prominent area that I would always look at during a round. It keeps me focused and doesn't allow me to focus on bad shots and swing thoughts, but keep me up beat, positive and of course focused!

Might not have an update till Wednesday guys. Been having Internet problems and I have some work to do around the house before I am allowed to play again. Sorry for the delays.

Played a quick 9 this morning with my red focus band. Really focused on using it in and around the green today. Made alot of good putts and made a 60 footer from off the green. Still continues to help me relax and focus on what it is I am doing. Still no signs of wear and tear.

Tap tap taparoo

Had an awful practice session today. Was not wearing my band. Terrible case of the shanks and the slices, and I didn't hit a single good shot. Not sure if the band can cure that much bad stuff, but it can't hurt. Round planned for sometime in the next 3 days, going to switch to the Swing Smooth band.

I intentionally didn't wear the band when I played yesterday. Wanted to see if I could just get the right thoughts in my head on my own. To tell you the truth, it actually worked out pretty well. I just made sure to pick a word that I wanted to focus on before each hit, and since I was used to the band, I was able to concentrate. Probably wouldn't have been able to get there without actually using the band a bunch of times though.

Left work early and got in 27 before dark. Used the blue tempo band with success. Tempo used to be something I struggled with, for the most part its great now. I credit every bit of that to the band.

I maintain a good tempo now without really thinking about it, except for when I'm hitting a fairway wood for some reason. Today I didn't look at the band before each shot, just the casual glance periodically throughout the day.

Certainly convinced that its a great product.

Edit, regarding wear, the bands look as good as they did when I got them.

--
tapatalk

Well, I was fortunate to get about an hour and a half at the range today, in between storms. I used the orange SWING SMOOTH band again today, and I do prefer it to the black band now. It really stands out next to my glove and every time I see it I get that small reminder to slow my back swing and keep my lower body quiet. It was a really good session, and my baby draw is now under control. I am very happy with the band and how subtle it is.

Played another nine earlier this week, and once again, I didn't notice while swinging and really noticed it less in between shots than I did the last time I played. This time I noticed it when taking the ball out of the cup and picking and placing the pin, but otherwise I must have been oblivious to it!

I had a weird thought about trying to figure out other places on my cart bag to place it and couldn't really find a good spot, but I have an idea on how to get it attached to my push cart, I'll post pics once I get it working right.

Back