TaylorMade M2 Driver Preview

Thanks.

Still haven't hit it, that will change soon.

You'll enjoy it. I really think so.

Poor drivers at #ClubClash have no clue the cutter workout you and I will be putting them through.

I'm a big TM fan, as well, but their drivers for quite some time have just been, well, miserable.

I need to hit this one. Need to spend some time with the M1.

Honestly, the SLDR was the big misstep for TM for me. Just so unforgiving that it really hurt their rep.

I dug all the R-series clubs. Some hated the r1, but I loved it. I loved my r15, and was perfectly happy with it until I looked on the launch monitor yesterday.

Sent from this Tapatalk app thingy

You'll enjoy it. I really think so.

Poor drivers at #ClubClash have no clue the cutter workout you and I will be putting them through.

Lol.

Left to right.
Left to right.
Left to right.

All day

Anyone have any experience with the Fujikura Pro 53 and Pro 60 shaft offerings ?

I agree.. the M2 is very misleading to me. My initial reaction was - they replaced the M1 already? then i looked and yeah its a fixed shaft - non-adjustable version (aka Aero or Burner class). Looking to see if the M1 is worth it in the future (over my R15 430).

I agree.. the M2 is very misleading to me. My initial reaction was - they replaced the M1 already? then i looked and yeah its a fixed shaft - non-adjustable version (aka Aero or Burner class). Looking to see if the M1 is worth it in the future (over my R15 430).

The shaft is adjustable, but only that. It is more forgiving than the M1 and feels better for me.

I am dying to try this driver. I currently have an M1 and love it -- this looks like it could be even better. I have an appointment next month at the Taylormade Performance Center at TPC Sawgrass. I will share my findings.....

I think this is the most excitement I've seen around a TM release in quite some time.

There is a good chance this will be hit during my driver fitting on Friday and I have to admit I am looking forward to trying it

There is a good chance this will be hit during my driver fitting on Friday and I have to admit I am looking forward to trying it

Looking forward to your feedback.

I think this is the most excitement I've seen around a TM release in quite some time.

Which when you think about it, is kind of crazy (considering lower price option), and goes to show that marketing is key here.

Which when you think about it, is kind of crazy (considering lower price option), and goes to show that marketing is key here.

I agree. Seems this is getting more hype than the M1.

It seems.

Anyone have any experience with the Fujikura Pro 53 and Pro 60 shaft offerings ?

Through my research on my M1 driver, I believe the Pro 53 is not as high launching as the Pro 60 version and has a higher bend point than the 60 based on the Fujikura specs. I'm gaming the Pro 60 on my M1.

I personally was fit into a 9.5 head that I have tuned to 11 and the Pro 60 R shaft and I'm loving how it is working for me in my winter range sessions. I seem to be hitting it far more consistently than my previous Fly Z. I would assume the M2 would react similarly.

Through my research on my M1 driver, I believe the Pro 53 is not as high launching as the Pro 60 version and has a higher bend point than the 60 based on the Fujikura specs. I'm gaming the Pro 60 on my M1.

I personally was fit into a 9.5 head that I have tuned to 11 and the Pro 60 R shaft and I'm loving how it is working for me in my winter range sessions. I seem to be hitting it far more consistently than my previous Fly Z. I would assume the M2 would react similarly.

Thanks for the input. In looking at the specs I saw the same thing. Just hard to figure why the Pro 60 weighs less and has higher torque than the Pro 53. Don't understand their numbering convention.

Thanks for the input. In looking at the specs I saw the same thing. Just hard to figure why the Pro 60 weighs less and has higher torque than the Pro 53. Don't understand their numbering convention.

The Pro 50 & 60 are OEM Shafts. They are certainly great shafts, but when you move to the Pro 53, you get lower torque, lower launch and low spin.

The Pro 50 & 60 are OEM Shafts. They are certainly great shafts, but when you move to the Pro 53, you get lower torque, lower launch and low spin.

The Pro 60 is on the Fujikura website. Must also be available after market.

It is a very underrated driver, for sure!

It is long, straight, solid, and forgiving, and looks great in the new gloss black color.

I love mine!

If you don't like the stock C-Series headcover, you can always choose a different one...I actually found the original SLDR Driver's headcover uglier than the C-headcover, so I use Leather ones from Stitch that match my golf bag.

:act-up:

Bobcat, I'm another proud owner of the SLDR-C and love it. Like you said, it's long, straight, looks good.....and it costs a lot less than the standard SLDR.
If you don't need the adjustability, why not?
So, as related to this thread, if the M2 works for you at a lower cost than the M1, go for it!

Maybe we all tend to get a little too brand/model sensitive at times?

The Pro 60 is on the Fujikura website. Must also be available after market.

Definitely available aftermarket as the 50 will be, but ask Fujikura how many they sell. They are still good shafts, The reason that I have a Pro 53 in my Great Big Bertha is that I liked the Pro 60 in the M1.

If time permits I'm gonna see if my local golf store has a demo M2 tomorrow.

Not yet. This week for sure. As soon as I get store credit for some clubs I'm returning. By the way, I'll probably have an extra M2 head for sale once they release if anyone is interested.

Not yet. This week for sure. As soon as I get store credit for some clubs I'm returning. By the way, I'll probably have an extra M2 head for sale once they release if anyone is interested.

Not that I need to replace my driver, but I assume the M2 head has the same adapter as the R15 and M1....if so, I'll bite on your extra M2. Send me a PM and let me know what you are asking for it.

Bobcat, I'm another proud owner of the SLDR-C and love it. Like you said, it's long, straight, looks good.....and it costs a lot less than the standard SLDR.
If you don't need the adjustability, why not?
So, as related to this thread, if the M2 works for you at a lower cost than the M1, go for it!

Maybe we all tend to get a little too brand/model sensitive at times?

Thanks for your post....The SLDR-C is indeed a much better Driver than most of the people on this forum will ever know, hence it is still kind of a "Sleeper". However, when a Driver is as Long, Straight, Forgiving, and Looks this good, it is also a "Keeper". Good to know you love the SLDR-C as much as I do!

As you and I have learned, sometimes LESS, (adjustability and price), can provide MORE in terms of Performance! Perhaps TM's latest M2 Driver will help others learn that lesson!

:D

Attachments

• sldr c sole.jpg
    sldr c sole.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I agree. Seems this is getting more hype than the M1.

It seems.
That may have to do with the success and tour acceptance of the M1. Has to mean good news for the M2 right?

Back