TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

Thanks P4B!!!! Hmmm....The R11 is making some waves!

As you all are well aware, I now have an R11. I was fit for a 9* head tuned down to 8* with the ASP set to closed to lower the spin and counteract my habit of battling a fairly bad push/slice lately. Today I was out on the R11 page on TaylorMade's website and noticed that they have an line interactive 3D tuning trajectory tool that I found very interesting and helpful in getting a little better understanding on what the different adjustments will do. This is going to prove very helpful to me as I work to integrate some great swing tips I was given by one of the fitters at the Kingdom. Once I can get these swing changes integrated into my swing I can then adjust the driver to respond accordingly.

Just got home for lunch and my R 11 is home!!! WOOOHOOO!!! I will post pics tonight as I have not even unboxed it yet.

Demo`ed the R11 driver and fairway yesterday at a demo day.They flat out perform and are great products but I personally have a problem with the white.It doesn`t add any performance benefits to the product that I could see and doesn`t fit my eye.Taylormade seem to be pushing it hard tho`.I can see an R11 Black on the horizon,now that I would like!

Just got home for lunch and my R 11 is home!!! WOOOHOOO!!! I will post pics tonight as I have not even unboxed it yet.

Looks like me and my Canadian friend are stuck in the back of the line. Well we have a 7W and a 4W out there so what did you end up with. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

I just got off the phone with TM customer service. I called them wanting help adjusting the R11. They first referred me to my local Dick's sporting goods. I told them that I didn't think they had a launch monitor that could help me. They then referred me to a local private country club and gave me their number. I also asked if they thought it would be better to go to a demo day or the private club. They recommended the private club for a more one on one approach.

After getting of the phone with TM, I proceeded to call the club. They said they have a $75 fitting fee that they offer their members (and me in this occasion) for a 1 hour full launch monitor fitting on the range with a professional. This would help me dial the club in.

My question to everybody is: Would you do this to get a true adjustment for the club or just attempt to do it on your own? Don't forget I don't have a launch monitor handy (Like Biggsy) and I don't know what I am looking for.

Thanks for the advice ahead of time.

I just got off the phone with TM customer service. I called them wanting help adjusting the R11. They first referred me to my local Dick's sporting goods. I told them that I didn't think they had a launch monitor that could help me. They then referred me to a local private country club and gave me their number. I also asked if they thought it would be better to go to a demo day or the private club. They recommended the private club for a more one on one approach.

After getting of the phone with TM, I proceeded to call the club. They said they have a $75 fitting fee that they offer their members (and me in this occasion) for a 1 hour full launch monitor fitting on the range with a professional. This would help me dial the club in.

My question to everybody is: Would you do this to get a true adjustment for the club or just attempt to do it on your own? Don't forget I don't have a launch monitor handy (Like Biggsy) and I don't know what I am looking for.

Absolutely go to the club. Money well spent my friend.

Think how pleasant it sounds to have a club set up specifically for you - and then ask if all those benefits are worth it (I hope you decided it's worth it).

Tap before talk.

The Kingdom thread has spawned this thinking off on me.

My R11 TP should be in before the end of the week. I'll be doing some extensive testing this weekend.

Hi P4B, I was fitted the exact same way as I was hitting a push when I got fitted at the Taylormade Performance lab. I normally draw or hook the ball. They set me up with the same settings with the loft on 8 degrees and the ASP on closed and used those settings for my first 2 rounds with it. I could not control the club at all on both rounds. I think I hit a total of 6 fairways in 2 days. I then spent a week on the range and launch monitor and I am now hitting this club awesome with everything back to neutral and 9 degrees of loft. Keep working on it if your current settings don't give you the results that you are looking for. You can do a lot of adjusting with this driver and you will get dialed in with it. Good luck.
As you all are well aware, I now have an R11. I was fit for a 9* head tuned down to 8* with the ASP set to closed to lower the spin and counteract my habit of battling a fairly bad push/slice lately. Today I was out on the R11 page on TaylorMade's website and noticed that they have an line interactive 3D tuning trajectory tool that I found very interesting and helpful in getting a little better understanding on what the different adjustments will do. This is going to prove very helpful to me as I work to integrate some great swing tips I was given by one of the fitters at the Kingdom. Once I can get these swing changes integrated into my swing I can then adjust the driver to respond accordingly.

I spent $150 to get fitted for the R11 and it was the best money that I ever spent in the game of golf, period! Just do it.. lol

So here's a question to all of you who have gotten that "Do Not Refuse" box directly from TaylorMade: Did you order that directly from TM? If so, how? I'm not seeing some of the custom shafts that have been ordered on the TM website and am curious as to the procedure. Not going to pull the trigger or anything, but I am curious for maybe down the road.

So here's a question to all of you who have gotten that "Do Not Refuse" box directly from TaylorMade: Did you order that directly from TM? If so, how? I'm not seeing some of the custom shafts that have been ordered on the TM website and am curious as to the procedure. Not going to pull the trigger or anything, but I am curious for maybe down the road.

you cant order from TM, it has to be from a Authorized Retailer

you cant order from TM, it has to be from a Authorized Retailer

That's what I thought, but just wanted to check. What about the shafts? I know Golf Town up here carries a few TP versions. How would you figure out to use a different shaft?

Looks like me and my Canadian friend are stuck in the back of the line. Well we have a 7W and a 4W out there so what did you end up with. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

+1 Curious to see what everyone gets, but there are more testers than different #'s of woods so obviously there are going to be double of a couple things.

That's what I thought, but just wanted to check. What about the shafts? I know Golf Town up here carries a few TP versions. How would you figure out to use a different shaft?

get a shaft fitting lol, get fit and you will know what shaft you need

+1 Curious to see what everyone gets, but there are more testers than different #'s of woods so obviously there are going to be double of a couple things.

I was hoping for a 3 wood, but after swinging the 4 wood - I'm thinking distance should be close with much greater consistency! I can't wait to some more unboxing pics/vids!

Tap before talk.

get a shaft fitting lol, get fit and you will know what shaft you need

I see. I asked the second part there knowing the answer but asked anyways because I have my doubts about the fitting abilities of the GT staff. Long story short, work with a fitter and place the order, got it. Thanks.

I see. I asked the second part there knowing the answer but asked anyways because I have my doubts about the fitting abilities of the GT staff. Long story short, work with a fitter and place the order, got it. Thanks.

you could always just order a shaft you THINK will fit you to try but it will prob cost you more in the long run

you could always just order a shaft you THINK will fit you to try but it will prob cost you more in the long run

Oh I know. I'm not getting anything without being fit first.

9-Iron - There is a list out on the internet of the TP shaft options that TM offers for the R11. I'm at work or I would find it for you. You are right though that the TM website does not show all the options yet.

9-Iron - There is a list out on the internet of the TP shaft options that TM offers for the R11. I'm at work or I would find it for you. You are right though that the TM website does not show all the options yet.

Thanks ad, but like I said, I was just curious as the what the procedure was. I'm not getting anything until after the outing. That's for sure. I had been wondering this for a few days now and my curiosity finally got the best of me so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks ad, but like I said, I was just curious as the what the procedure was. I'm not getting anything until after the outing. That's for sure. I had been wondering this for a few days now and my curiosity finally got the best of me so I thought I'd ask.

Yeah, an authorized retailer should be able to order it with any of the applicable TP shafts. Looks like most of the list are available and the $499 TP price-point, but there are a couple on the list that are an additional surcharge.

When I've bought some drivers in the past (Ping G10 comes to mind), the retailers are able to order direct with some different shaft options pretty frequently.

Repost : Here is a list of the TP shafts that are available for the R11.
I got a copy of the TP shafts available for the R11

Fujikura Blur 55
Fujikura Blur 65
Fujikura Motore Speeder 6.0
Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.0
Aldila RIP Alpha 60
Aldila RIP Beta 60
Aldila RIP Gamma 60
Aldila RIP Beta 70
Matrix Ozik XCON 5.0
Matrix Ozik HD6
Matrix Ozik HD7
Matrix Radix HD6
Mitsubishi Kai’Li 60
Mitsubishi Kai’Li 70
Mitsubishi Kai’Li 80
Mitsubishi Ahina 60
Mitsubishi Fubuki Alpha 60
Mitsubishi Fubuki Alpha 70
Loomis College

I was hoping for a 3 wood, but after swinging the 4 wood - I'm thinking distance should be close with much greater consistency! I can't wait to some more unboxing pics/vids!

Tap before talk.

Haha great because I am hoping for a 3 wood, but am happy with anything. I've done a huge skim already but did you give a mini-review already?

Back