Taylormade R9 Irons

common now due me and my dad drove 4 hrs to go to a demo day sale at golf town(canadian golf franchise) then back in one day. But well worth it bought a TM TP rescue and dad bought odyssey white hot #1

The Fujikura Motore graphite shafts are the stock option in the non-TP R9s.

Graphite shafts generally raise the price of a set about $200. So steel vs. steel, the R9 TPs are more expensive. But add the graphite shafts and the non-TPs become more expensive.

PW and AW are available in the R9 TP, but I'm not aware of a SW or LW R9 TP.

Sand wedge yes, LW no (according to the TM website).

common now due me and my dad drove 4 hrs to go to a demo day sale at golf town(canadian golf franchise) then back in one day. But well worth it bought a TM TP rescue and dad bought odyssey white hot #1

LOL, thats why I said I was lazy. Our drive to Missouri over the weekend was 6 hours each way. This being two weeks in a row and 7 hours to SE Kansas this Wednesday, I tried to stay off the road today.

How did you like that Rescue JT? I think there pretty sweet. I also have an Odyssey, but it's the Teron.

due-
I have to ask, the Coca Cola bag, what's the story.

due-
I have to ask, the Coca Cola bag, what's the story.

Edward, I own some restaurants and am partial to free golf bags, lol. One of my partners came across it and picked it up for me. Actually said "you need to get out more often", I'm like... ok!

LOL, thats why I said I was lazy. Our drive to Missouri over the weekend was 6 hours each way. This being two weeks in a row and 7 hours to SE Kansas this Wednesday, I tried to stay off the road today.

How did you like that Rescue JT? I think there pretty sweet. I also have an Odyssey, but it's the Teron.

It's great. I got the 4 and hit it around 220-230.

Well distance has always been my strength. When I play with my foursome they always look disappointed with there club selection. Well until they're in the fairway and i'm somewhere else. LOL

My R9s finally arrived today. I hit about 15 balls with them today, and then I realized that they had the R300 shafts rather than the S300. I have been playing S300s for a while now, so I knew something was a bit different when I was swinging. They have been sent back to Taylormade for the appropriate shafts (Note: The error was not TMs).

Nonetheless, those 15 balls felt really great. Nice, crisp feel and sound that provides exceptional feedback. I will provide more once the clubs are sent back to me again (probably in about a week).

This IS a golf forum duey!

Hehehe, my five foot six inch, 150 pound statuesque frame only seem's to get hit that ball 210 to 215 with a steady 200 mph wind behind me. But, that's ok, I can alway's go home and stare at my mirror, lmao.

Hehehe, my five foot six inch, 150 pound statuesque frame

I misread that as 6'5", 150 lbs. I was, like,
shok.gif

That would be closer to my son at 6 ft and like 115. He lives on Moutaindew and chezits

None whatsoever on my end. I have been using them for months now and have not had a single issue.

No quality issues for me. I have heard a couple of stories about a few inserts falling out, and a third hand claim that TM said there was a problem with the glue in the very first run of R9s (someone mixed the epoxy wrong?). But I keep checking my inserts and they are definitely secure.

I haven't updated this thread for a little while because, honestly, I don't know what else I can say. (But if anyone has any questions, I'm always happy to answer if I can!) The R9s are great irons. I think they have already helped my game, and they have the potential to improve it even more.

I had a lesson with my pro yesterday and, after he helped me with a few swing adjustments, I was hitting the ball better than I have ever hit it. The trajectory I get out of the R9s is exactly what I want.

I hit these irons two days ago at Golfsmith and was very impressed. Until I hit these R9s I really didn't like the almost hollow feel I got from TM irons when I made contact with the ball. The Burner as well as the Burner Plus and R7 irons all the main irons I am referring to, but the R9s felt very nice and had a clean contact sound. Making me honestly consider them over the X22's but that is gonna be a hard choice.

My R9s finally arrived today. I hit about 15 balls with them today, and then I realized that they had the R300 shafts rather than the S300. I have been playing S300s for a while now, so I knew something was a bit different when I was swinging. They have been sent back to Taylormade for the appropriate shafts (Note: The error was not TMs).

Nonetheless, those 15 balls felt really great. Nice, crisp feel and sound that provides exceptional feedback. I will provide more once the clubs are sent back to me again (probably in about a week).

Keep us updated on your thoughts with them.

No quality issues for me. I have heard a couple of stories about a few inserts falling out, and a third hand claim that TM said there was a problem with the glue in the very first run of R9s (someone mixed the epoxy wrong?). But I keep checking my inserts and they are definitely secure.

I haven't updated this thread for a little while because, honestly, I don't know what else I can say. (But if anyone has any questions, I'm always happy to answer if I can!) The R9s are great irons. I think they have already helped my game, and they have the potential to improve it even more.

I had a lesson with my pro yesterday and, after he helped me with a few swing adjustments, I was hitting the ball better than I have ever hit it. The trajectory I get out of the R9s is exactly what I want.

I havent even had the chance to take mine on the course yet and was hitting a couple balls yesterday and the R9 badge came out of my 7 iron. I must be jinxed with TM equipment.

I havent even had the chance to take mine on the course yet and was hitting a couple balls yesterday and the R9 badge came out of my 7 iron. I must be jinxed with TM equipment.

Do you by chance have a picture of it with the badge separated? We spoke to TM quite a bit earlier in the week about this very issue and while internet reports are saying there was a bad batch, they have not seen a single one. You are the 2nd-3rd person that has said it has happened, and I want to forward our people there a picture.

Do you by chance have a picture of it with the badge separated? We spoke to TM quite a bit earlier in the week about this very issue and while internet reports are saying there was a bad batch, they have not seen a single one. You are the 2nd-3rd person that has said it has happened, and I want to forward our people there a picture.

The badge still had some adhesive on the back of it so I stuck it back on. Headed out to play a wet 18 and I've got my burner 09's (I've had 3 heads come off of a 2 month old set) and my R9 7 iron (they sent me a set of R9's for my troubles but not sure which of the two if any are best for my game). I'll watch it closely and snap a pic when it falls out again.

I had the back come off my 7i and now I had one come off my 8i. I can take a pic if you guys want. These clubs hit really well, but keep falling apart.

Wow, that's amazing. After hearing these stories, I even pulled on the inserts in my R9s at the range this morning to see if they were loose. All the inserts were secure. I'm not sure I could pull them out with needlenose pliers (not going to test that theory though!)

Harry,
I am with you on this one. I am curious to see if CM has the same issues you too. I have used mine and even pulled on them and there is just no give.

I'll have to look at mine. Im all nervous now as I havent had much of a chance to play them with all the rain. Definitely going to give them a good look over later today.

Back