TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Rescue & Fairway Wood

Put the RBZ 3h today for the first time, and have to say I absolutely love the club. I used it off the tee a couple of times, and had to make sure I teed it down low enough, just slightly above the ground.

Shot of the day came with it, was on my 2nd shot on a Par 5, 238 yards away. Hit it on a rope, landed just short of the front of the green. Was really surprised at how well I was hitting it today, had some crazy winds and wasnt sure what to expect out of it.

That's an awesome first results there. I wanted to add the 4H but couldn't find one I liked yesterday.

That's an awesome first results there. I wanted to add the 4H but couldn't find one I liked yesterday.
Im thinking I could go Driver, 3h, 4h for a setup. Conditions were crap today so I couldnt get a good feel for the DPC 5iron.

Im thinking I could go Driver, 3h, 4h for a setup. Conditions were crap today so I couldnt get a good feel for the DPC 5iron.

I think you should ponder the 3W.

Also of note, I still am not fond of looking down at a white club.

Is the distance on this 3wood enough to seriously consider using instead of a driver? Anyone really considering it? 20+ yards would put my 3 wood past the driver for me. But I remain dubious about it. And I really want to see this head to head with CG Black.

Is the distance on this 3wood enough to seriously consider using instead of a driver? Anyone really considering it? 20+ yards would put my 3 wood past the driver for me. But I remain dubious about it. And I really want to see this head to head with CG Black.

I am currently using it as a driver replacement. I just hit it a lot for consistently than my driver. It's hard to tell right now if I am getting the same distance I would with my driver because it has been so cold, windy, and I have a bum shoulder.

Also of note, I still am not fond of looking down at a white club.

lol still holding onto that like your TC and his love of all things AMP haha.

Beast mode from tapatalk

lol still holding onto that like your TC and his love of all things AMP haha.

Beast mode from tapatalk

I just can't get used to it. Hoping that after a while I just don't notice it anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It will come down to your individual needs, but... I have the RBZ 3W, and I hit it about 10 yards longer than my previous 3W. I still do not hit it as long as I do my driver. That being said, I think it depends on what your needs are and how long you hit the club. Off of the tee, I have been hitting the RBZ 3W about 250 (when hit well). Depending on the length of the hole and the course, this is not a bad option off of the tee.

I just can't get used to it. Hoping that after a while I just don't notice it anymore.

I don't like the white either. All that goes away though as soon as you lace one though. I'm usually focusing on a spot on the ball where I'm visualizing impact anyways. I certainly don't notice it as much as I did when I first picked it up.

I hit the RBZ 5 wood Saturday and it is awesome! Appears to be as long as my current 3 wood and feels really solid coming off of the club face. I did not get to hit the 3 wood, but the 5 wood is definitely long. Looking forward to hitting the rest of the line. Very impressed so far!

Take it to someone and have them airbrush it black. A guy at my club did that to his R11 Driver last year. Cost him $15-$20.

ordered the 4h Tour today, I can't wait to hit it, this should help me in the 220-230 range.

I don't like the white either. All that goes away though as soon as you lace one though. I'm usually focusing on a spot on the ball where I'm visualizing impact anyways. I certainly don't notice it as much as I did when I first picked it up.
Ive done that a good bit with it, the white still looks awful to me. hehe.

Take it to someone and have them airbrush it black. A guy at my club did that to his R11 Driver last year. Cost him $15-$20.
Eh, dont want to do that. I will just try to ignore it, I have always said, "If it works, it works. Who cares what it looks like."

had to make sure I teed it down low enough, just slightly above the ground.

Shot of the day came with it, was on my 2nd shot on a Par 5, 238 yards away. Hit it on a rope, landed just short of the front of the green. Was really surprised at how well I was hitting it today, had some crazy winds and wasnt sure what to expect out of it.[/QUOTE]

You know I'm wondering if the lower part of the face is hotter due to the slot on the sole. When I didn't tee it up low enough, it felt more like a thud. Hit off the grass only it really flies higher and longer and sounds and feels better, for me anyway.

Finally got a chance to grab the RBZ Hybrid/Rescue and take a few swings. It felt noticeably heavier that other hybrids. Does anyone know what the head weight is? Has anyone else noticed this?

had to make sure I teed it down low enough, just slightly above the ground.

Shot of the day came with it, was on my 2nd shot on a Par 5, 238 yards away. Hit it on a rope, landed just short of the front of the green. Was really surprised at how well I was hitting it today, had some crazy winds and wasnt sure what to expect out of it.

You know I'm wondering if the lower part of the face is hotter due to the slot on the sole. When I didn't tee it up low enough, it felt more like a thud. Hit off the grass only it really flies higher and longer and sounds and feels better, for me anyway.[/QUOTE]
That is definitely something to think about, DrPat. When testing this driver out on the sim, I never once tee'd it up, just always hit it off the mat. When I put it on the tee, I had it very, very low and was seeing some great results.

Really thinking about pulling the trigger on this rescue club............

Finally got a chance to grab the RBZ Hybrid/Rescue and take a few swings. It felt noticeably heavier that other hybrids. Does anyone know what the head weight is? Has anyone else noticed this?

I would agree with this as well. I'm not sure what the actual head weight is though.

It does feel a little heavier than some others through the swing. The stick shaft felt lighter than the rescue 11 tp shaft I played. The shaft may contribute to that heavier feel. It's a nice club and has some nice distance.

Really thinking about pulling the trigger on this rescue club............
Do it! I think it will fit in nicely with your current setup.

Finally got a chance to head up to GG last night. I've been wanting to hit the RBZ 3 wood for quite some time now and was really looking forward to it. I brought along my Nike SQ2 3 wood to test along with it.

The first thing I noticed was that GG was completely out of Stiff shafted RBZ 3 woods. So I had to settle for the R flex. I took it to the bay and started warming up with my Nike wood. The bay was empty and there weren't any salespeople around to bug me or mess with the simulator. Normally on the course I hit between 230-240 on a normal swing and 250 if I crank it. The sim was confirming these numbers with roll out to around 235 most of the time. After warming up a bit, I grabbed the RBZ. Right off the bat, I really liked how deep the face was for a 3W and that instantly inspired confidence in my swing. I took a few warm-up swings with it and stepped up to the ball.

I'll be darned if the first ball I hit didn't go dead straight, carry 245, and roll out to 257. Holy cow this thing is long. I kept hitting it swinging at different tempo's to test the shaft and how the club reacted. I was just striping this thing down the middle every single time. My shortest shots were landing with 240 carry and 250+ after roll out. Finally after getting some serious confidence in the club, I started cranking it a bit. I remember one specific set of values: SS = 109, Launch angle = 13*, Carry = 265, Total = 278.

Now, I know on the course that I'm not going to be swinging for the fences, but man, this thing is long. Pondering done, I'm ordering one this week. :act-up:

Finally got a chance to head up to GG last night. I've been wanting to hit the RBZ 3 wood for quite some time now and was really looking forward to it. I brought along my Nike SQ2 3 wood to test along with it.

The first thing I noticed was that GG was completely out of Stiff shafted RBZ 3 woods. So I had to settle for the R flex. I took it to the bay and started warming up with my Nike wood. The bay was empty and there weren't any salespeople around to bug me or mess with the simulator. Normally on the course I hit between 230-240 on a normal swing and 250 if I crank it. The sim was confirming these numbers with roll out to around 235 most of the time. After warming up a bit, I grabbed the RBZ. Right off the bat, I really liked how deep the face was for a 3W and that instantly inspired confidence in my swing. I took a few warm-up swings with it and stepped up to the ball.

I'll be darned if the first ball I hit didn't go dead straight, carry 245, and roll out to 257. Holy cow this thing is long. I kept hitting it swinging at different tempo's to test the shaft and how the club reacted. I was just striping this thing down the middle every single time. My shortest shots were landing with 240 carry and 250+ after roll out. Finally after getting some serious confidence in the club, I started cranking it a bit. I remember one specific set of values: SS = 109, Launch angle = 13*, Carry = 265, Total = 278.

Now, I know on the course that I'm not going to be swinging for the fences, but man, this thing is long. Pondering done, I'm ordering one this week. :act-up:

What I find interesting about this is you did all that with a regular flex stock shaft too. I think the shafts in the RBZ are quite good IMO and for the majority of golfers will be more then adequate.

Back