TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

Just got me the 18 TP with the Aldila 85 shaft off EBay. Put it on Lower which is 17 to open the face and get my gaps correct.

2 rounds with it so far. 220-235 depending on what I want.

Absolutely love it.

Just got me the 18 TP with the Aldila 85 shaft off EBay. Put it on Lower which is 17 to open the face and get my gaps correct.

2 rounds with it so far. 220-235 depending on what I want.

Absolutely love it.

Good to hear. That is definately some of the fun. Tinkering with settings to find the one that works best for you.

Apparently the RIP alpha shaft is the one for me. That was the main reason for the purchase.

I tested a bunch of driver shafts on the range at my home club from the TM fitting cart. No launch monitor or anything just real life ball flight (Couldn't tell you my launch or spin numbers but they are right ?)

Ended up with the Aldila Alpha 70 S in the driver.
Now I have the 85 in the hybrid and soon to have the 80 in the 3 wood.

Never realized how important the shafts were till recently. My dispersion is enormously better and lost zero length.

Thank You ... Just Ordered The TM Rescue 11 Hybrid

Thank You ... Just Ordered The TM Rescue 11 Hybrid

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread.

I had been pondering over the TM Rescue 11 Hybrid and have just now ordered it. Can't wait for it to arrive :)

...and I've just joined this great forum.

Thanks again, everyone.

I had been pondering over the TM Rescue 11 Hybrid and have just now ordered it. Can't wait for it to arrive :)

Thanks again, everyone.

That makes me happy.

And welcome to THP.

This my first hybrid I have ever owned and the only one I have ever hit. Granted I probably should of got fitted but I bought it cause my D-PW was R11. So far I love it. I bought it to replace an old Adams 5w. On a par 5 at my local course I use to hit my 5w off the tee cause about 200 out the fairway turns dead right. I blasted my Rescue all the way through the fairway. I was amazed.

I've been playing the R11 4 rescue for most of the year, I originally had a Callaway FT hybrid that I liked, but the shaft was to soft so I tried out a few hybrids, the Taylormade superlaunch, the Mashie and then the R11 rescue. The superlaunch launched way too high-duh-and the Mashie was a hook machine, I finally got the r11 tuned in and I have turned back. I love the ball flight that I get from it, and the "heavy" head really helps me beat the ball out of the rough. Ive hit into some greens easily and the ball has stopped nicely on the green most of the time. I'm still loving my rescue and I haven't had second thoughts yet.

Thanks again, everyone.

UPDATE: Five days after ordering, I just got an email saying part of my order is out of stock! I've had to cancel and order elsewhere. On the plus side, I managed to get the club cheaper (and it comes with the wrench - I had to buy it from the other company). The down side is I want the club yesterday!! That will teach me not to pay for speedy delivery!! Lesson learned.

UPDATE: Five days after ordering, I just got an email saying part of my order is out of stock! I've had to cancel and order elsewhere. On the plus side, I managed to get the club cheaper (and it comes with the wrench - I had to buy it from the other company). The down side is I want the club yesterday!! That will teach me not to pay for speedy delivery!! Lesson learned.

Another update:

The club arrived the next day. Had a few driving range sessions and a couple of rounds too and I'm tickled-pink (uk=happy) with the results for the hybrid.

I'm not a big hitter but I'm getting 190yds out of this club which is awesome for me (I'm like a kid with a new toy ...lol).

I've now got the Ghost Corza putter, 3 TM ATV wedges and the R11 Hybrid ... and I now really fancy getting a set of Burner 2.0 irons to complete the TM set.

Off to read the reviews for the Burner irons now...

I have one of these, I simply love it.

I was at golf galaxy today hitting my 3h in the sim. I was poking a few past 330. I think the sim had issues with the whote head sadly.

I was at golf galaxy today hitting my 3h in the sim. I was poking a few past 330. I think the sim had issues with the whote head sadly.

That's pretty long dude, nice.

Having returned to golf 18 months ago at the age of 32, after a break of 20 years, I've thrown myself into it like mad. First I bought Burner 2.0 irons 4-PW, then quickly added AW, SW and LW. Then came R11 3W. 10.5* R11 Driver soon after. And as early Christmas presents to myself, and due to seeing amazing prices, I've recently bought R11 5W and Rescue 11 4 & 5 as long iron replacements. I've bought Regular stock shafts in everthing, although I suspect my swing is massively too fast and enthusiastic, but when I catch shots well I have been immensely long with all these sticks. Makes me wonder what Stiff or TP shafts could have done.

Anyway, TP shafts was going to be the point of this post. I know I am coming to this thread long after the conversation was happening, but were all the testers given TP 85g shafts? A bit of a shame if so. I'd really have loved to hear how better players might have found the absolute stock shaft. The stock 2.0 iron shafts and stock Blur shafts in the woods have always felt smooth and comfortable and not remotely whippy (like burner wood shafts) to me.

I find the Rescue 11 hybrids totally alien in feel though. I bit like a brick on the end of an inflexible plastic pipe. The weight of the head halfway through the backswing tempts me to rotate the club to balance it better, and that surely can't be good. Never felt this with the other clubs. And I think I wish the shaft felt MORE flexible! I have only had three range sessions with them; one bad day, one brilliant, then a mixed bag. I have never hooked or drawn the ball in my life, I'm either straight, a small fade or a slight pull, but these clubs I'm finding hard not to hook. My first few shots were small draws and I thought 'ooh classy', then realised how different these were going to play to my other clubs. This might be partly due to finding it hard to grip the club square at address. Whilst grounding the club on the the lower setting certainly rests in an open position, something about the weight and feel (the sensation of significant bounce beneath the head) leaves me fighting against the urge to turn the head closed.

But when I've caught them well I've been ecstatic! Clearly I'm a newbie all round, but then I look at some reported yardages on this thread and think, when I'm on form, I'm a long hitter. I've repeatedly put both 4 and 5 rescue past 200 yards. and definitely carried the 4 220 off the deck on one perfect strike! Though typically the 5 has carried around 195 and the 4 about 210. Which I am hoping will be spot-on, as my set seems to be falling as follows

Typical - Good Shot - Longest
Driver 240 260 280
3w 220 235 250
5w 215 225
4h 205
5h 195
6i 185
7i 170 175
8i 160 165
9i 145 155
PW 120 125
AW 105 115
SW 90
LW 65

And I think the gap between 9i and PW and relatively short short-irons demonstrates the problem with the 2.0's strong lofts through most of the set! Sorry this went a bit off topic!

Essentially I feel I can hardly hit the hybrids properly yet, but when I have caught them sweet, they've flown, and filled my gaps.

And the sound of a good strike is very pleasing indeed!

A few of the testers where giving TP Shafts. Unfortunately, they have disappeared from the forum. I have the stock shaft in my Rescue 11(s). I really liked it. The head is a little unforgiving and the 3h is a push machine for me. The club feels a little head heavy for me recent tastes, so I get very sloppy. But I am working through that. I always found that if you try to over power this club (like most clubs) the results are not good. Smooth swings and tempo are all that is needed. I like how the shaft does seem to load during the swing.

I have a tp rip shaft. I like the weight of it and it gives me consistent ballflight. I think the tp shaft is a little bit more stout too. I like it and have not pondered any changes. I am not a huge aldila fan ether so that speaks volumes to me at the very least.
Pro's- consistent ball flight, nice weight allows me to feel the club head throughmy swing, not whippy at all.
Con's- paint scheme and yes I am nitpicking

I had a non-tp, made for RIP in my Rescue 11 2 hybrid for all of one range session and one on course session and swapped it for a Nunchuk 370 hybrid shaft I did a THP testing with. I loved that combo, nice low to mid flight plenty of distance, great feel, made the clubhead feel a little lighter as the shaft was counter balanced. Really I great pairing I felt. I did feel the head is little unforgiving on off center hits, and hits low on the face but the overall feel of the club I was really happy with.

Local golf shop told me the Rescue 11s and the R series fairways will be discontinued and that adjustability will be coming to RBZ fairways/hybrids. Kind of disappointed in this as I really far prefer the head of the Rescue 11 to the RBZ hybrids, especially for getting out of the rough.

Dragging up this old thread because I picked up a used 16* 11 Rescue this week of of eBay for right @ $50 shipped. I got it as a 3w replacement because I've never found a 3w I could hit consistently. Most 3w swings result in a screaming hook. I took it out for a trial run this afternoon & I have to say I'm stunned with the results. For at least one round, it was everything I've been looking for.

I set the FCT to 1* open, which also drops the loft down to 15*. The course I played doesn't have a range, so the first swing I took with it was on the #1 tee box. I over cooked the 1st swing and it ended up in the left rough with a distance of around 215. :angry: I bought this club expecting 230-235 out of it, so I was not please at all. I wasn't prepared for the D4 swing weight, so when I felt the club head lagging way back I must have responded by getting overly wristy.

The next tee box produced similar results & I was beginning to have buyers regret already.

On the 3rd hole, the magic began. I slowed my back swing down significantly & focused on making a smooth transition & POW (just like the Hammer) the ball rockets off the club with a slight mid trajectory draw & I roasted it down the fairway 260... That's almost driver distance for me. I couldn't believe it.

The rest of the round I used it of the tee box & off the deck with great results. Easily 245 - 255 every time. For the 1st time in forever, I have a club I have a ton of confidence in for reaching most par 5s in 2.

The Taylormade 11 Rescue paired with the W/S Duo is an awesome combo for me. If you have trouble hitting a 3w, especially if your miss is a hook, you should seriously look into this hybrid.

Rescue 11

Rescue 11

It's a fantastic and consistent club. I have the 3 and 4. I am looking for a little more distance out of my 3 so I need to open it up or find a 2 to replace it so I can be a bit closer to my Stage 2 3 wood for a distance gap.

A little bump to this thread... I am debating between R11 rescue and the stage 2... any thoughts?

They are fairly money as far as I am concerned. Off tee, fairway, and rough I find them very easy to hit... The adjustability is nice for fitting your loft gaps as well. I got the 4 and 5 about 1.5 yrs ago for $110 each and they just keep getting cheaper. Almost considering buying backups at $50-60 each for when these get too beat up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am referring to the rescue 11 clubs to clarify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back