TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

Played 9 this morning. It was 39 degrees and the ball wasn't staying in the air very long or rolling much. I dialed my Rescue 11 up half a degree to 18.5 trying for some extra carry and it helped a little. Stung my hands even though I hit it flush. The conditions were great for chipping with my hybrid though. I usually overcook that shot because of the club's weight and hot face, but not with today's conditions. I'll try again this afternoon when it's supposed to warm up a bit.

Last edited:
The temp rose to a toasty warm 48 degrees by 10:30! I had a blast with the hybrid today. The foursome decided to play the entire back 9 with just a hybrid (kind of felt Tin Cup-ish). I was amazed at how well I putted with the Rescue 11! Alas, my downfall came when I hit into a few greenside bunkers. I finally found a shot that the Rescue 11 isn't good at. Even though we all shot in the mid 40's, a good time was had by all for what could have been the last round of the season.

I've now played a dozen rounds with the Rescue 11 18* and have finally found that adjusting the loft 1 click high produces my best shot shape and trajectory. I don't like to adjust clubs on the range, but rather before a round and then use the club at that setting for the entire round. Seems to give me a better representation of what the settings will do with my swing when it actually counts on the scorecard. Looks like I'll be in the honeymoon phase with this club for quite a while.

I've now played a dozen rounds with the Rescue 11 18* and have finally found that adjusting the loft 1 click high produces my best shot shape and trajectory. I don't like to adjust clubs on the range, but rather before a round and then use the club at that setting for the entire round. Seems to give me a better representation of what the settings will do with my swing when it actually counts on the scorecard. Looks like I'll be in the honeymoon phase with this club for quite a while.

I like the idea of doing it before the round and seeing how it actually works on the course when it counts, sometimes I will switch after the front 9 during a practice round to see the difference on the back 9 if I have a new club I am trying to dial in. I am still in the honeymoon phase with mine lol.

I am considering purchasing the rescue 11 hybrid. I currently play an adams super hybrid 19 with aldila voodoo shaft. I have found that the shaft on that club is not very stiff and whenever I try to get a little extra from my swing the ball does not fly straight. I had a similar problem with my r11 driver and I replaced the stock blur 65 with a motore f3 and now I hit almost every fairway! So, my decision lies in whether to get the rip 65 or to get the tp rip 85. My swing speed on the driver is b/t 105-110 and I am a 9 hc about. I am looking for feedback from some of you that may have similar issues. Thanks!!

Harris

im still loving my R11 hybrid. always my go to club when my driver is acting up or theres a tight fairway. i should prob hit it more than i do. Love bombing it straight down a tight fairway where i know my driver might leak right.

I am considering purchasing the rescue 11 hybrid. I currently play an adams super hybrid 19 with aldila voodoo shaft. I have found that the shaft on that club is not very stiff and whenever I try to get a little extra from my swing the ball does not fly straight. I had a similar problem with my r11 driver and I replaced the stock blur 65 with a motore f3 and now I hit almost every fairway! So, my decision lies in whether to get the rip 65 or to get the tp rip 85. My swing speed on the driver is b/t 105-110 and I am a 9 hc about. I am looking for feedback from some of you that may have similar issues. Thanks!!

Harris

IMO go with the TP model with the 85, that is what I play and it is very stable.

coolbreeze -- I really like your videos testing the R11 irons. I've got to try those next!

I completely understand your comment on the Rescue 11 as it's not very forgiving. I haven't found any middle ground when it comes to hybrids. Either I like a model or I don't. My favorite before the Rescue 11 was the Adams Pro A12. I still have it and like to use/abuse it on the range to work on shaping shots. Should save my Rescue 11 some wear n tear from those rocks they call range balls. They have a similar clubface shape.

I thought the Nike VR hybrid was the worst I'd ever bought. I didn't realize that until owning the A12 and Rescue 11. IMO, Nike's "compression channel" is a joke.

THank you man, thats very nice of you. I just never got comfortable with my Rescue 11's, I'd have a good day with them, and then 12 horrible days and I just couldn't play with them anymore. Just not for me.

Thanks for your reply! Makes sense to me to have the stiffer shaft.

THank you man, thats very nice of you. I just never got comfortable with my Rescue 11's, I'd have a good day with them, and then 12 horrible days and I just couldn't play with them anymore. Just not for me.

hey CB did you have the TP or just the regular? just wondering i tried both before buying and i thought the shaft made a pretty big difference for me.

hey CB did you have the TP or just the regular? just wondering i tried both before buying and i thought the shaft made a pretty big difference for me.

I had the TP with the RIP 85 shaft.

thanks just wondering... i was pretty sure id need the stiffer shaft especially with the weight of the clubhead, but i hit both and the regular was just to whippy for me... but i love the heavier clubhead feel like i can hit through anything with that thing.

thanks just wondering... i was pretty sure id need the stiffer shaft especially with the weight of the clubhead, but i hit both and the regular was just to whippy for me... but i love the heavier clubhead feel like i can hit through anything with that thing.

I'm sure this is a good hybrid for many, just not me. I got fit for that shaft, and had it in the 3 and 4 hybrids, but I just couldn't get those hybrids off the ground and I hated the way they felt off the face. They look freaking amazing though.

I'm sure this is a good hybrid for many, just not me. I got fit for that shaft, and had it in the 3 and 4 hybrids, but I just couldn't get those hybrids off the ground and I hated the way they felt off the face. They look freaking amazing though.

yeah i have a 16* been thinking about buying another but dunno if it would be worth it or not right now. hitting the irons pretty well.

yeah i have a 16* been thinking about buying another but dunno if it would be worth it or not right now. hitting the irons pretty well.

Yes, the R11 irons are the real deal. I'm deciding right now between adding a 3 hybrid to the bag, or a 5 wood.

Yes, the R11 irons are the real deal. I'm deciding right now between adding a 3 hybrid to the bag, or a 5 wood.

same with me 3 hybrid or 3 iron.... i don't have that distance very often so i dunno how much id use the club so i may save my money and buy another club i don't really need! lol

3ballsgolf

3ballsgolf

Anybody know if this is legit? I was looking at "like new" rescue 11's on the 3balls website and this message pops up. thanks!

Please note this club has been stamped ''ARP'' by the manufacturer because of minor cosmetic blemishes. These cosmetic blemishes will not impact playability, and any of these imperfections will be noted in our product descriptions. Also, we fully warrantee these clubs against any defects in construction.

Anybody know if this is legit? I was looking at "like new" rescue 11's on the 3balls website and this message pops up. thanks!

Please note this club has been stamped ''ARP'' by the manufacturer because of minor cosmetic blemishes. These cosmetic blemishes will not impact playability, and any of these imperfections will be noted in our product descriptions. Also, we fully warrantee these clubs against any defects in construction.

I know a few people that have used 3ballsgolf and they have never had a problem.

should be legit

I have just never heard of the "arp" stamp...anyone else?

Yes, I have. You will be fine and will not have any performance issues.

Tappin' from my iPad!

its very common. Its a product that has been returned to the OEM, maybe a custom order refused or canceled, customer changed their mind, or minor defect.

3balls has a good return policy so if the stamp is bothersome I can just send it back...I have bought from them before and the clubs are always in great shape.

I like the Burner hybrids better. They fly a little farther, though that's not always a good thing. Little more forgiving and lighter. Better for an amateur with slower swing speed.

burner 2.0s

burner 2.0s

The burner 2.0's flew far but were much harder to control...rescue 11 felt much more controllable. The weight of the rescue clubhead gave the club a greater feel IMHO. Not sure if that will play out on the course, but def on the launch monitor.

:starwars:

Back