TaylorMade SLDR Fairway Wood Preview

Interesting that the "slot" appears much smaller than the RBZ lines. Seems like it would be less "hot" accross the entire face?

I think it looks great. Reminds me of the old 200 Smoothies which were and are fantastic.

Still love my XHP 17* but will pick up a 15* SLDR to mess around with. Thinking OBAN Kiyoshi GOLD for it :)

It is of my opinion, that with the forward CG, the slot becomes less impactful.

Extremely excited to get this one in hand to put through its paces. With the movement of the CG I know it becomes a bit of a different beast, but for reference/comparisons sake I just put the Stage 2 Tour back into the bag yesterday. It should be very interesting.

I know they're trying to keep the line name across the lineup and I know it's been brought up before, but find it odd to call it the SLDR when the actual thing that relates to the name is no longer present.

Extremely excited to get this one in hand to put through its paces. With the movement of the CG I know it becomes a bit of a different beast, but for reference/comparisons sake I just put the Stage 2 Tour back into the bag yesterday. It should be very interesting.

What sort of ball flight do you normally get from the Stage 2 sir?

What sort of ball flight do you normally get from the Stage 2 sir?

Yesterday, HIGH and long. It was a pleasant surprise. Because of the drop in spin, I know the flight will come down with the SLDR, but, I'm curious to see what role the 70+g shaft pairing will play with that as well.

Cool beans. If that's the case, I think you might have a good match here.

Back