Taylormade Spider S

The more I look at this the more I realize I like it because it reminds me of the #7 shape. Will definitely be fun to roll if and when they come out with a slant neck.

I game a Spider Tour right now, but I'm not sure how I feel about this one. Jury is still out until I see it in person.

Nice putter

I like this one.. Much better looking than the other spiders in my opinion.

x2...I'd be interested in rolling these versus the current model of spiders

Interested to see if the thicker insert is any firmer. I have always found these type of inserts too soft which is why I typically play a milled, non insert putter. Always loved the Spiders but these soft type inserts typically give me fits (had to original Spider S and an Ardmore 3)

Looks great. But, I just picked up a Spider X. So, this one will have to wait.

I don’t know why but I’m kind of digging this. Got to go give it a roll to confirm or deny that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw this for the first time and I have to say I am liking the looks. Very premium and I like the color choices. The slate color is awesome but would prefer a black weight bar attached versus the silver.

I understand the Tungsten Weight Bar is said to be measured for the length to give the correct swing weight, but I wonder if you could adjust that weight bar to something you prefer more. Maybe change to a heavier or lighter bar. Not sure what that would do for feel, but I think that would be interesting. I like being able to have adjustment weights in putters.

Nice looking putters, but since I'm a blade man I will not be giving them a try.

Rolled this today and quite enjoyed it. I tried other Taylormade putters with a pure roll insert for me this just felt different. Much more muted which led to a softer feeling

afca3e62143e3880d06f0c00062f6f6f.jpg
a366b8b533855d3d6fe75c8560c218fe.jpg
40a70bf3f653d305aef72954bf0da361.jpg

Rolled this today and quite enjoyed it. I tried other Taylormade putters with a pure roll insert for me this just felt different. Much more muted which led to a softer feeling

afca3e62143e3880d06f0c00062f6f6f.jpg
a366b8b533855d3d6fe75c8560c218fe.jpg
40a70bf3f653d305aef72954bf0da361.jpg

X, do you like it more than the Spider X?

I liked the way these look in the pictures more than I did in person..

X, do you like it more than the Spider X?

Funny that you ask because I did roll the spider X immediately afterwards and I think I do. Insert felt slightly softer which I liked and definitely more stable. And a bonus to the putter is that you can pick up the ball like you can with a traditional #7 with the wings When you press down on the ball

And a bonus to the putter is that you can pick up the ball like you can with a traditional #7 with the wings When you press down on the ball

That's huuuuggeeee

I spotted this in our club pro shop when we briefly called in at the weekend, and I don't mind the look, but I still think I prefer the look of the Triple Track Ten if I am being honest

I took some rolls with this putter and to me, it came off the putter face hotter than many other putter I rolled that evening. That is neither good nor bad, but just something to consider. Overall, I liked it a lot.

Morikawa has it in the bag in Mexico

Gave this a roll in the store today and really liked it. Its definitely reminiscent of the #7, especially in the chalk color - the back bar kind of disappears since its black. Great, solid feel and feedback, just don't love that it only comes in a single bend shaft.

I tried this the other day at golf town and my spider x was way better for me. This head is pretty big and didn’t like the shaft bend, possibly it could be better with the slant neck that I am used too. I have been using a spider since 2017 and I’m not sure why Taylormade put the spider name on this on. The spider x is the best putter I have used

Saw these in the person the other day and they are about as big of a nope from me as anticipated. I feel like the putters TM is releasing this year they don’t even care. Truss and these...just about as ugly a lineup of new releases as you can get. And this is after the massively popular and great release of the spider X.

Man still hard pondering this one. Put it up against the Marxman and size wise was pretty comparable ln there overall footprint

45AB05AD-1BEE-469A-A4FE-91BBC1371109.jpeg

I love my Spider putter. But am I the only o e who’s thinking that oval gap in the middle would be distracting? I’m a fan of a full sight line and that ‘cutout’ sort of ruins the setup look for me...

Back