TaylorMade Spider X Putter

I really like the new "legs" on the back, such a simple change that really changed the look for the better.

I really look forward to seeing in person because I liked the Spider Tour and didn't like the Spider Mini, and this seems like kind of an in between.

Would love to put in some work with one of these as well, the new shape made way more of a difference than I believed it would for making the size and shape more palatable.

Rolled this yesterday. Its very stable and the blue/white combo is very good looking. Of all the putters I rolled yesterday this was my favorite. Must. Resist.

Rolled this yesterday. Its very stable and the blue/white combo is very good looking. Of all the putters I rolled yesterday this was my favorite. Must. Resist.

I'd really love to get some time with one and add to my VERY small mallet rotation.

it is calling my name.

I'd really love to get some time with one and add to my VERY small mallet rotation.

I tried being a mallet guy once. I didn't work too well so I went back to smaller more familiar shapes. I finally tried the #7 and enjoyed it but ended up back with a blade last year. This redesign is very well done in my opinion and something about it makes me want it. Badly.

It seriously is, imo

I rolled some putts with PuttOut last night with the two gamer putters I used last year(SeeMore M9 and Spider Tour Red). Both seemed pretty nervous.

Rory has the copper in play, which is kind of huge because he said he could never game the previous version based on how it looked with the outer weighting elements.

I rolled some putts with PuttOut last night with the two gamer putters I used last year(SeeMore M9 and Spider Tour Red). Both seemed pretty nervous.

I fully support DeanSpiderishness

Rory has the copper in play, which is kind of huge because he said he could never game the previous version based on how it looked with the outer weighting elements.

yeah I'm trying to think, I know he used the red one at Erin Hills, where he missed the cut. Can't remember him having it much more than that.

I fully support DeanSpiderishness

plus Nerfny is afraid of spiders, so it becomes the one club in my bag she won't mess with. Also means its the one club in the bag she won't play better than me.

plus Nerfny is afraid of spiders, so it becomes the one club in my bag she won't mess with. Also means its the one club in the bag she won't play better than me.

This sir, is next level logic.

yeah I'm trying to think, I know he used the red one at Erin Hills, where he missed the cut. Can't remember him having it much more than that.

The profile really did improve, especially on the perimeter.

I still want to see the blue in person. I bet it's amazing.

Awesome visual on the alignment and ball.

042da82d0973fe11a20d263f9a1d6517.png

If Rory starts making putts it might push me over the edge haha

Rolled some putts yesterday with both blue and gold heads. Really nice roll. Looking down at it at setup is an improvement over the Spider Tour.....and I'm someone who liked the Spiders. Blue > gold for me. It's a great looking putter.

The white face is an interesting choice to me. The blue one I rolled already had a 'dirty' face -- marks, scuffs, whatever. I tried rubbing them off real quickly, but to no avail. And that's from an indoor practice green at Roger Dunn. I can only imagine how dirty that'd get on an actual course. Not the end of the world. Some people won't care at all. I don't mind signs of usage on my clubs; but the putter is sort of the exception. I like it stay looking 'new' as long as possible.

Rolled some putts yesterday with both blue and gold heads. Really nice roll. Looking down at it at setup is an improvement over the Spider Tour.....and I'm someone who liked the Spiders. Blue > gold for me. It's a great looking putter.

The white face is an interesting choice to me. The blue one I rolled already had a 'dirty' face -- marks, scuffs, whatever. I tried rubbing them off real quickly, but to no avail. And that's from an indoor practice green at Roger Dunn. I can only imagine how dirty that'd get on an actual course. Not the end of the world. Some people won't care at all. I don't mind signs of usage on my clubs; but the putter is sort of the exception. I like it stay looking 'new' as long as possible.

I bet a magic eraser would take care of that post haste.

Checked these out today while putting around at the store. Loved the blue they used, I think it looks really sharp. Also someone who thinks the white face is an interesting choice, but the overall color scheme really works, and I really like the white alignment on it. I still am someone who really enjoys the spider tours, but these are a great addition to the line up.

The Spider X has a crazy good ability to frame the ball. I think those who felt the previous Spider iteration was too large will be very pleased with the slight reduction in overall size and significantly improved optic with the weighting changed from massive exhaust pipes to angled weighting.

One thing that TaylorMade talked about from the last Spider was the increased thickness of the insert, and I do think it makes a significant change in sound. If anything, it moves the Spider adequately into the 'insert' profile for those who want a softer contact profile.

The Spider X has a crazy good ability to frame the ball. I think those who felt the previous Spider iteration was too large will be very pleased with the slight reduction in overall size and significantly improved optic with the weighting changed from massive exhaust pipes to angled weighting.

One thing that TaylorMade talked about from the last Spider was the increased thickness of the insert, and I do think it makes a significant change in sound. If anything, it moves the Spider adequately into the 'insert' profile for those who want a softer contact profile.

Time to start posting those thoughts more and more. Can’t leave us all hanging for feedback, yo.

I've been very, very happy with my Sigma G Tyne H but I tell you what, I rolled the copper(?) colored Spider X today and oh man does this frame the ball well. There wasn't a single thing I disliked about this club. Looks, sight lines, roll, feel, weight, you name it. I already want to roll some more putts with it.

Back