TaylorMade Spider X Putter

I'm extremely excited about this transition for TaylorMade into a more visually pleasing Spider. They made an awful lot of changes that benefit the player from an MOI and 'make more putts' standpoint, to the point that a 20 minute breakout session with some of their guys at the Kingdom barely was enough time to talk through them.

First, carbon fiber in the 'guts' of the head, which gives freedom to send weight way out to the perimeter. Huge benefit.
Second, getting rid of the exhaust fans for sleek angled weights which not only support the stroke, but actually help to frame the overall shape of the head.
Third, they worked in depth to provide an alignment aid that both pleases the eye visually, and supports alignment (trust me, there is a lot of science behind the width of the white).
Fourth, a deeper insert which is bound to improve the sound quality, while continuing to promote good quality roll.

I am so impressed.

Looks much better than the previous version. From the top view it reminds me a little of an Indy, just boxed in around the outside. Also big fan of the blue color.

I have been a "Spider Man" since the original Monza Spider and then went to the Ghost Spider when it came out and it is still in the bag.
I really like the looks of these new Spiders and would love love love to try one out. I doubt I could justify the $349 for one, but a guy could dream.....

I'm extremely excited about this transition for TaylorMade into a more visually pleasing Spider. They made an awful lot of changes that benefit the player from an MOI and 'make more putts' standpoint, to the point that a 20 minute breakout session with some of their guys at the Kingdom barely was enough time to talk through them.

First, carbon fiber in the 'guts' of the head, which gives freedom to send weight way out to the perimeter. Huge benefit.
Second, getting rid of the exhaust fans for sleek angled weights which not only support the stroke, but actually help to frame the overall shape of the head.
Third, they worked in depth to provide an alignment aid that both pleases the eye visually, and supports alignment (trust me, there is a lot of science behind the width of the white).
Fourth, a deeper insert which is bound to improve the sound quality, while continuing to promote good quality roll.

I am so impressed.

see, this (and the type of information provided in the article) is the kind of information we need to be ok with paying $350 for a putter. cuz that's a lot of money. but knowing they made these kind of improvements is huge. i would like to do a shootout between this and the spider mini.

see, this (and the type of information provided in the article) is the kind of information we need to be ok with paying $350 for a putter. cuz that's a lot of money. but knowing they made these kind of improvements is huge. i would like to do a shootout between this and the spider mini.

I hear that.. And 50 dollars more than the previous Spider is a bit frustrating when I'd argue their direct competitor is staying right at that 300 mark.

We'll see how that impacts the interest.

I am so impressed.

Fifth, they have a blue one.

They really do, IMO, look pretty tremendous. Probably my favorite full mallet look out there now, and thats without getting one in hand yet.

Fun media kit

190d5a795717f9d34f0dcccb559544e2.gif

OK, now that is pretty cool.

That copper is such a slick look.

Pretty cool of them to include the limited edition headcover.

fd52ce39822ca9dfe5244e61ca7d87ce.gif

Very badass cover right there.

Just learned that only 75 of these were made, so obviously that means we will have to have some fun with it

Putter looks great in the non pro photos too

I might check out the Navy version

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This putter is haunting me. I don't need a new putter but man that blue one looks fantastic

This putter is haunting me. I don't need a new putter but man that blue one looks fantastic

yeah I don't need it, but I want it.

yeah I don't need it, but I want it.

Yep pretty much. I've never purchased a putter without seeing it in hand first, but I'm really tempted with this one.

Yep pretty much. I've never purchased a putter without seeing it in hand first, but I'm really tempted with this one.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame!

I was rolling my Spider Red last night and just thinking about this one instead.

I was rolling my Spider Red last night and just thinking about this one instead.

Uh oh....Do you think the red one knows? Did it feel like something was off? :alien:

Uh oh....Do you think the red one knows? Did it feel like something was off? :alien:

ole red was still doing ok. Meanwhile the SeeMore sitting in the corner was holding flowers and a box of chocolates trying to rekindle something

I really like the new "legs" on the back, such a simple change that really changed the look for the better.

Back