Taylormade XFT Wedge

Dude that was pretty rude and very smart alec comments, jb wasnt trying to prove you wrong just that he wasnt hearing this from anyone else and had it looked into, also as a xFT wedge owner myself i did/do not see this.

I disagree. he WAS trying to prove me wrong. what are you talking about?

his assertion that "you spoke about the spring like effect as if it were a fact" was hilariously illogical and shortsided if you read the last line, or actually, even if the last line wasn't there.

Based on your previous responses, I thought of a good experiment. first state your opinion and those of your friends. Then ask over 100 people taking AP English or something like that whether they think my original post somehow stated my opinion as an incontrovertible fact. Then call someone considered a world expert in the English language and the usage of things like the passive and active voice, preferably not American. Then find a mobile van with an English expert... maybe that online Phoenix University would be the closest correlate. Also run my original post through a computer that analyzes context. And then spread all this work through about four posts.

after all that, you may think, gee, I wonder why I'm going through all this trouble. In fact, that would be one effort too late.

for discussion purposes it doesn't make any sense to go on a thread and post something like, "I hate the XFT wedge" and then not bother to elaborate. when I see negative reviews online, it helps me somewhat to see WHY someone didn't like a particular club.
dude no need for this

his assertion that "you spoke about the spring like effect as if it were a fact" was hilariously illogical and shortsided if you read the last line, or actually, even if the last line wasn't there.
ok what exactly was he trying to prove you wrong on?
That no one else has noticed this spring board effect that your talking about?

Wow, you see, here we are again.

You think it feels springy and so do some others, others don't, simple diff of opinion.

You think JB is out to "prove you wrong" or whatever by the way you took it (an I'm sure someone else does too). Others see it differently and that JB is doing research to get more info.

Simple differences of opinion and mindset. Agree to disagree, no one will ever be on the same page here.

Me though, I just think you're going WAY overboard on your whole knee-jerk reaction here and it's making you look like an ass when I bet your actually a pretty cool dude.

No need for tirades or any of that.

You think it feels springy and so do some others, others don't, simple diff of opinion.

You think JB is out to "prove you wrong" or whatever by the way you took it (an I'm sure someone else does too). Others see it differently and that JB is doing research to get more info.

Simple differences of opinion and mindset. Agree to disagree, no one will ever be on the same page here.

Me though, I just think you're going WAY overboard on your whole knee-jerk reaction here and it's making you look like an ass when I bet your actually a pretty cool dude.

Excellent summary man. I haven't been here long, but JB has never tried to bash another person's stance no matter how illogical (not saying this one is). People have different opinions and experiences with a product, hence why this site is so awesome because you get EVERYONE'S opinion. I don't see any need for personal attacks or conspiracy theories.

Also: My I played another 9 with these bad boys and shot a 38. The wedges were the only part of my game that seemed to be working.

Thanks WM

I just really believe the whole making it personal thing just doesn't need to be here, leave that to WRX and the other forums, THP is a nice refuge from that.

that is a really weird interpretation, and frankly lacking in logic. you so nicely quoted my post. Now, what did I say at the end? what part of "anyone else notice this?" is difficult for you to understand? so if I ask, "anyone else notice this?" of course it must mean I think it an obvious fact of life that there is a spring like effect.

Wow, someone woke up on the dillusional side of the bed today. You said called a piece of equipment junk and gave your reason. Being that I have used these clubs and know hundreds of others that do and have never hear of this Spring Board effect that you are speaking of, I thought I would find out from true experts rather than a single forum member that clearly has a chip on his shoulder. I also asked others to share their experiences. What I found out from both the experts and the forum members is that nobody here is noticing what you are noticing. And then because of that you immediately accuse bias? Why, because someone doesnt agree with your logic of "this is junk" and it has a spring like effect (which according to launch monitor numbers it doesnt)

Try again! You clearly struggle with people offering other points of view.

Some people just dont get it around here Jman. They assume because people disagree with them they are being attacked. However its just not the case. And then to come and assume its a bias because of people actually searched for the information rather than just agreed. Im confused about one thing, he said he wanted to get others opinions, and then when myself and others offer them, he gets defensive.

When someone says something is junk and gives a reason (especially after it received a review from us) that has technological basings, it definitely deserves to be checked out by both us and everybody that uses the wedge should give their thoughts too. If the tour van and the club expert had told us, yes they were seeing a spring like issue with teh club, then we would have posted that as well. Some people just dont get it. But looking back at some of these posts, it seems as though only one word comes to mind. And with the quality of the forum members here, most wont have to worry, this type wont last long.

troll.jpg

There is nothing wrong with coming in here and saying, I dont like this driver or I dont like this wedge because it wasnt for me, it didnt work. Fine. You didnt like it. But instead someone comes in here and says this wedge is POS and junk. And then makes claims that no one else has seen. Not even the tour guys. This wedge has been well received and reviewed here so it seems funny to come in here and attack it.

That is the thing. I think everybody here has no issues with people not liking equipment. Heck I dont like lots of it.

But when others dispute it, and then the accusations fly? Hmmmmm!

It took a weeks of regular use to get used to swinging a tour style wedge for the first time. I do enjoy spinning the ball and stopping or drawing it back, but I have now come to the conclusion that this particular wedge is a POS. The reason is that the removeable face has a spring-like effect on the ball, and it really sucks. For me the effect is noticeable the vast majority of the time. The fact it doesn't happen all the time means markedly variable distances. I prefer my CG14 much more to this.

coincidentally the other day a really nice pro took a look at my bag and said, "hey that's the new XFT. you know, I tried it but hated that springboard effect the face had."

anyone else notice this?

My response to the original quote:

I have a 60° xFT and have not noticed any springboard effect. This is however the first 60° wedge I've had so I cannot compare directly with experience of other "Lob" wedges. But I do see it fitting below my 56° wedge and have used it quite a bit for both full swing approaches and greenside chips. I'm a little confused on what you mean by "springboard effect". Are you refering to a particular feel you have when striking the ball? Is it more on distance where you see the effect. I'm just curious, as I have not had any "Spring like" feel. I know when I hit the ball cleanly it can really fly surprisingly far, especially if I had intended to take a nice divot, but those tend to be mis-swings.

I did see that you have posted several times before this so it looks like you've given this club a chance to find a home in your bag, and I'm sorry it didn't work out. I'm just really curious on what the "spring board" effect means to you (i.e. club feadback? extra distance? odd ball flight?).

Thanks

JB, I recall hearing you were going to have another set of these for a contest soon... how soon? :desire:

JB, I recall hearing you were going to have another set of these for a contest soon... how soon? :desire:

All I can say is soon. haha

In reality we are just waiting on something from another company for a different contest. When we get the details on that, we will know when this one will be up.

I have never tried any removable face wedges. The wedges I have I got from the same guy that fitted my irons and I sort of figured if I beat the heck out of them I could just replace the head if I wanted. Does anybody know the cost of replacing the face on wedges that allow for that sort of change out?

I have never tried any removable face wedges. The wedges I have I got from the same guy that fitted my irons and I sort of figured if I beat the heck out of them I could just replace the head if I wanted. Does anybody know the cost of replacing the face on wedges that allow for that sort of change out?

Well, the retail is $39.99 but they've been doing a deal where you get the faceplate for free from every major retailer, online and in store.

my poor dear JB,

why have you ran away? are you really so immature as to pick up your ball and run home (deleting my account) when it's clear you were wrong?

you said you began this crusade because, "You spoke about it having a spring like a effect as if it were fact," and I asked for an explanation, because at the end of my first post I said, "Anyone else notice this? (among other more obvious things like active voice).

still waiting for an explanation. we could do this for a long long time until you answer.

Thanks for the info on the cost of the faceplate. Wow free!! Man it is hard to beat free. I would guess the manufacturers are trying to get folks to buy into the idea. However it does not matter why, free is free.

my poor dear JB,

why have you ran away? are you really so immature as to pick up your ball and run home (deleting my account) when it's clear you were wrong?

you said you began this crusade because, "You spoke about it having a spring like a effect as if it were fact," and I asked for an explanation, because at the end of my first post I said, "Anyone else notice this? (among other more obvious things like active voice).

still waiting for an explanation. we could do this for a long long time until you answer.

Starts with a T and ends with a ROLL.................

Give us a break dude

my poor dear JB,

Rads, do you have this wedge or have you even hit it? Or was the "spring like effect" just something your pro told you about? - Retail Kevin

Thanks for the info on the cost of the faceplate. Wow free!! Man it is hard to beat free. I would guess the manufacturers are trying to get folks to buy into the idea. However it does not matter why, free is free.

So far its only Taylor Made that his this option.

I was gonna look back through the thread but I didn't so I'm going to ask. Can these be bent? I have a 56* that i bought at an excellent price and I normally play 54*. I would think I would probably only want to bend 1*but not sure how that even works. Thanks guys!

That was Rads?????????? Hahaha. I kid. Or was it Orton? Seeking revenge for the avatar?

Itll be interesting to see if other companies follow suit. I love this wedge. Hits smooth for me.
Rads, do you have this wedge or have you even hit it? Or was the "spring like effect" just something your pro told you about? - Retail Kevin

So far its only Taylor Made that his this option.

rads/veritas2009 just start over man. No bashing of equipment, just ask what you want to ask to everyone, no need for all this. Just start over and forget the whole thing, because if you dont you will be banned each time. So what do you want to know, we will all try to help.

I already have 3 extra face plates stocked up lol

Yeah Ive got two so far and plan on picking up another 2 before they disappear. The ban hammer is fast and quick! Resistance is futile. lol

Yeah Ive got two so far and plan on picking up another 2 before they disappear. The ban hammer is fast and quick! Resistance is futile. lol

I have found pretty good deals on them. Got 2 for 50 bucks the other day.

I wonder if rads/veritas2009 would want to sell me his wedges with the "spring-like" effect. he should give me a hell of a deal. Someone said he thinks they are a POS

Back