Smaller size + slope functionally and versatility + magnetic components all make this intriguing.

Ok, you really don't understand the size until you watch the unboxing video.
WOW!
I'm impressed

Ok, you don't understand the size until you watch the unboxing video.
WOW!
I'm impressed

No doubt that thing is a great size. Less room in your bag being taken!

pretty cool for the magnet and belt clip... I know there are a few times I walk with a couple clubs and take the range finder with me or even using push car this might come in handy .... or should I say belly? lol

small package and quick finding target sounds great.

Holy crap, it's tiny! And I loooove the yellow! :cool:

I really like the direction Tectectec is going with this. It makes me excited to see where they run with this in the future.

I really like the direction Tectectec is going with this. It makes me excited to see where they run with this in the future.
Agreed. An example of listening to consumers and coming with a device that fits a lot of needs

Agreed. An example of listening to consumers and coming with a device that fits a lot of needs
My most recent tectectec brand had a ton of features. It reminded me of what Samsung used to do. They would have their basic phones and then for their Galaxy series they would cram everything they could into it. This one just seems much better thought out if that makes any sense.

My most recent tectectec brand had a ton of features. It reminded me of what Samsung used to do. They would have their basic phones and then for their Galaxy series they would cram everything they could into it. This one just seems much better thought out if that makes any sense.
It kind of goes with their thoughts on everything you need and nothing you don’t. Sure fun tagline, but for those looking for a quality device without spending a fortune, and not wanting to go with a company that is more knockoff than anything else, it makes sense

The smaller size with a magnetic connector has me intrigued. My only concern would be the battery life and durability over time.

Being able to put in my pocket on rounds that are cart path only would make things much easier when you have to grab a few or more clubs not knowing what you need to hit. I have seen too often a player grabs a club walks over and then has to go back to their cart to get another club or just hit the wrong club anyway. Talk about causing slow play.

It kind of goes with their thoughts on everything you need and nothing you don’t. Sure fun tagline, but for those looking for a quality device without spending a fortune, and not wanting to go with a company that is more knockoff than anything else, it makes sense

yup and if we look back to our own rangefinder price poll, coming in at this price is right in the sweet spot.

So before I had this rangefinder, I bought a super cheap $60 one because I wanted it simply for the range. I didn't really think about convenience of quick lock, lock on vibration and quality visuals. I figured I'd spend the least amount of money possible and it would do well enough. Well in short, that $60 rangefinder was a complete waste of money. Took over a full second to lock with no pin recognition so good luck holding steady that long. It supposedly had vibration but it didn't work, and the eyepiece had to be adjusted every single time I went to look at something.

KLYR does everything it tells you it's going to do and it does it VERY well. Excited to have this in my bag this year.

I have an older TTT and it works very well. The addition of the magnet is a good thing for sure. Done side-by-side comparisons with Bushnells and others and they all are generally within a yard of each other.

I bought a KLYR this week and was able to use it today. This thing works great. It gives you a reading very quickly, the viewer is very clear and I really like the layout of it. Perfect size and weight. The magnet could be a little stronger but it stayed on the cart rail all day. You can tell that it Is a good quality rangefinder because you can shoot yardages through a closed windshield, other models in this price range will not do that. I have had 3 Precision Pro rangefinders and this one is way better.

Continued to use my KLYR this weekend and even used it for a round exclusively since I forgot my watch. Distances are spot on and seriously come up very quickly. I still get a blank shot from time to time when I really think I'm on the pin but one more press and I'm good to go.

I'm not steady at all holding these and it still locks on super quick and I'm sure my "steadiness" has something to do with the blanks I'm getting. Used it on the range yesterday after the round as well to shoot the practice pins and it's so useful. Especially since the "marked" distances the course has are ALL off from 7-10 yards. There will be a lot better distance practice this year!

Im with @Muchmore18 as I used it for the entirety of the THP Event this weekend. One thing I definitely love is how small it is. We were Cart Path only for one of the rounds and dropping it into my pocket instead of throwing it on the ground during the shot was really nice.

Im with @Muchmore18 as I used it for the entirety of the THP Event this weekend. One thing I definitely love is how small it is. We were Cart Path only for one of the rounds and dropping it into my pocket instead of throwing it on the ground during the shot was really nice.
my buddy has a TecTecTec. Not sure what model, but I asked to see it and the size difference is pretty crazy. I don't know why I didn't take a picture. Next time I'm out with him though, I will. I didn't realize how compact it was until I saw it side to side with another rangefinder

Just to let everyone know, TecTecTec does not warranty for dropped rangefinders.

I recently left my FineCaddie UPL 100 in the golf cart, quickly to never be seen again. I really, really liked that range finder, and the only drawback is that the magnetic strap would obstruct the buttons and make it more cumbersome to use. Both rangefinders are small, but the magnet being built in is a big draw here for me.

I'm guessing not many people have had experience with both, but if you have I would love to know pros & cons.

Last edited:
I recently left my FineCaddy UPL 100 in the golf cart, quickly to never be seen again. I really, really liked that range finder, and the only drawback is that the magnetic strap would obstruct the buttons and make it more cumbersome to use. Both rangefinders are small, but the magnet being built in is a big draw here for me.

I'm guessing not many people have had experience with both, but if you have I would love to know pros & cons.
@ddec has used both I believe. I might have both in my office as well and can test them side by side tomorrow

I recently left my FineCaddy UPL 100 in the golf cart, quickly to never be seen again. I really, really liked that range finder, and the only drawback is that the magnetic strap would obstruct the buttons and make it more cumbersome to use. Both rangefinders are small, but the magnet being built in is a big draw here for me.

UPL100 has been one of my favorite rangefinders that have come in for review. These share some similar qualities. I’ll gather some side by side thoughts tomorrow for you if you’d like.

UPL100 has been one of my favorite rangefinders that have come in for review. These share some similar qualities. I’ll gather some side by side thoughts tomorrow for you if you’d like.
You do not need to go out of your way to do so, but would love your thoughts and opinions if possible. Great to hear that you felt the same about the UPL100.

A little bump to this thread for anyone looking to enter the giveaway for one of these that wants some more info!!

Looks good, I'm in the market for a rangefinder this year. Couple quick questions...

How does one enter for the giveaway?

Anyone have feedback on the more expensive TecTecTec models that have image stabilization - is this a worthwhile feature?

The KLYR just looks smaller in length, looks to be just as tall and thick as others, is it really more pocketable?

Back