Gave up trying to get another bottle of Fortaleza. The last case that came in was bought by someone before it even reached the bloody shelf! So trying these 2. Both traditionally made, both additive free, both should be very good!
B1AE24BD-C220-4778-BCD6-D629A43D013F.jpeg

As I get more into tequila, I am trying to research and learn more. One of the things I learned recently is that all tequila has a NOM number which is basically an authentication number from the distillery. So the more you look, the more you learn that several tequilas come from the same factories and base barrels. Very interesting.

For example, I was going to buy a bottle of Cincoro reposado the other day, but the guy at total wine explained NOM to me, and showed me all the tequila made from the same factory, Casa Maestri. So I was going to pick a mid tier but he suggested I try the El Padrino which was about 1/5 the cost of Cincoro. I’ll be darn, it’s pretty good to my pallet. It’s not the exact same, but the overall flavor profile is the same. This is more spicy on the back where Cincoro is a bit more smooth. This makes sense becuse I love Los Sundays, and sure enough it’s the same NOM.

I am sure some of you knew this, but I figured I would post just in case some did not.

Tequila makes me fight.

Tequila makes me fight.
Then let’s invite [redacted] writers to drink tequila and talk golf balls. Drinks on me.

Tequila makes me fight.

All that means is that you're drinking cheap stuff.

After a round of golf at a course that is a bit of a distance away, my buddy directed me to a Mexican restaurant that was not far from the course. He had them serve me a double shot of a blanco tequila in a rocks glass. When I sipped it I was amazed! My only experience with tequila prior to that was with the rotgut stuff like El Toro and, I believe it was Sauza.

I tried a Google search of "cheap tequila" and it kept trying to direct me to the "BEST" of the cheap tequilas. Maybe I should have included the term "rotgut" in my search!

Back to the point, my first sip of that blanco was a revelation! Here was a tequila that could be sipped, which is my preferred way of imbibing spirits. It was quite mild and interesting in flavor. Quite subtle. The kinds of flavors that I really enjoy. Who knows? Maybe I should get off the bourbon kick, and start on a tequila journey!

All that means is that you're drinking cheap stuff.

After a round of golf at a course that is a bit of a distance away, my buddy directed me to a Mexican restaurant that was not far from the course. He had them serve me a double shot of a blanco tequila in a rocks glass. When I sipped it I was amazed! My only experience with tequila prior to that was with the rotgut stuff like El Toro and, I believe it was Sauza.

I tried a Google search of "cheap tequila" and it kept trying to direct me to the "BEST" of the cheap tequilas. Maybe I should have included the term "rotgut" in my search!

Back to the point, my first sip of that blanco was a revelation! Here was a tequila that could be sipped, which is my preferred way of imbibing spirits. It was quite mild and interesting in flavor. Quite subtle. The kinds of flavors that I really enjoy. Who knows? Maybe I should get off the bourbon kick, and start on a tequila journey!
Try a reposado. If you don’t want to spend a lot, Don Julio reposado and El Padrino reposado would be good starts that won’t break the bank. If you want to stay with a blanco, try the Don Julio 70 (which can be a bit pricy). But if you like sipping, reposado is the way to go.

Try a reposado. If you don’t want to spend a lot, Don Julio reposado and El Padrino reposado would be good starts that won’t break the bank. If you want to stay with a blanco, try the Don Julio 70 (which can be a bit pricy). But if you like sipping, reposado is the way to go.

I prefer a reposado over a blanco any day.

Sipping a good anejo is possible better than most whiskeys.

Polished of a Codigo anejo tonight and I was sad.

We stayed at the Waldorf Astoria in Cabo one night in December (thanks to my brother for that -we could NEVER afford it otherwise!). Every room has a private plunge pool, but just as importantly, every guest gets a free half-bottle of Clase Azul tequila!

Clase Azul.jpg

My wife has gotten into Tequila. She was drinking Volcan for a while now she likes 818. I heard good things about this at the store from one of the employees so i picked her up a bottle for Christmas. She says it is excellent.
3452FA5F-287C-4BB7-A757-0DDAF4A44F8C.jpeg

Thank you for the advice. I'll have to take a stroll around the local liquor agency the next time I'm in there.

Bought my friend a bottle of Siete Leguas Siete Decadas Criollos Tequila Blanco to drink during pictures at his wedding. It’s allocated but if you can find it is delicious. Unlike other blancos, this is very nuanced and has a nice long finished. Mint, eucalyptus, orange, and anise. I think I’m going to try and get another bottle for myself.

Been on a tequila kick ever since being in Mexico on our cruise. Need some good agave silvers to try. About to finish a bottle of Teremana

Gave up trying to get another bottle of Fortaleza. The last case that came in was bought by someone before it even reached the bloody shelf! So trying these 2. Both traditionally made, both additive free, both should be very good!
View attachment 9150532
I have a bottle of the El Tesoro Reposado. It's delicious.

Been on a tequila kick ever since being in Mexico on our cruise. Need some good agave silvers to try. About to finish a bottle of Teremana
My favorite clear tequila is the Don Julio 70, by far.

@PhillyV Also, if you don’t mind a little coconut, I have really enjoyed the Los Sundays coconut over ice with a lime. It’s an excellent drink heading into the summer.

But overall I am more of a reposado drinker. It’s the best to drink over some ice, for me anyway.

1677806361234.jpeg

Trying something new tonight…

4406065E-1803-46DE-B8E3-9F850776B436.jpeg

Did some tasting in Puerto Vallarta.
Tested 6 different flavors.
White Silver Gold Almond Coffee Peach.
Almond and Coffee was really good.

6912FC35-E12F-400F-9467-F2A2F51FA7CA.jpeg

@baylrballa the Azulejos Anejo was really good. But the Clase Azul Reposado is definitely better at this price point.

Back