I'm not a big tequila guy but chilled Casamigos Blanco is good and smooth.

DeLeon blanco is really good imo. But I'm not huge tequila drinker.

Both of these look expensive, and probably right up my alley hahaha
$160 for 1.75ltr bottle.
Hard to find as well.
Here's another favorite, but it just got stupid expensive.
1677945862411.png

El patron

I just had another glass of the azulejos anejo and I liked this one much more than the first. It’s tasty.

Wanted to come back with a decent bottle of tequila from my Cabo trip. Ended up in The Office one day, a great little beach restaurant. I was offered a free taste of their reposado and instantly knew it was the bottle that was coming home with me. Gorgeously smooth along with a hand painted bottle. Ticked all the boxes.
9200A522-1227-4603-9364-35A869FB4EF6.jpeg
Also got to try some Rey Sol Añejo out there. I plan to splurge on a bottle of that too.

A couple of new ones for the collection about to be opened. I’m a huge fan of Lalo. First time trying Tequila Ocho, but I’ve heard nothing but good things.
359A2AEC-CCC3-4E06-931D-85D251BFC34F.jpeg

Attachments

• 0DC6DDCC-0792-4E07-B514-9CB33D4A5ABB.jpeg
    0DC6DDCC-0792-4E07-B514-9CB33D4A5ABB.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 2
OMG.... Tequila... No, no, no, no....

1980. Pt Reyes Seashore in California, during a weekend holiday/liberty from the US Coast Guard. I still have no idea what happened, but I remember waking up and seeing a bunch of empty Tequila bottles in the sand. I still don't remember a thing, or how we got back to the base, or who were even with! :oops:

Well I went from having no tequila to 3 bottles, thanks cinco de mayo

A bottle of Lalo for myself, a bottle of Butterfly Cannon Blue for mixing, and a bottle of cheap stuff for the wife's marghs

Picked this up the other day as well, actually REAAALLLY good with fresca
20230509_193132.jpg

So a client gave me this as a thank you for some time sensitive work I did. Pretty freaking crazy. And it just so happens that I have this other bottle to go with it laying around from a charity silent auction.

IMG_7537.jpegIMG_7538.jpegIMG_7539.jpeg

OMG.... Tequila... No, no, no, no....

1980. Pt Reyes Seashore in California, during a weekend holiday/liberty from the US Coast Guard. I still have no idea what happened, but I remember waking up and seeing a bunch of empty Tequila bottles in the sand. I still don't remember a thing, or how we got back to the base, or who were even with! :oops:
Sadly, most of my tequila remembrances are from years ago and like yours and Jman's, mostly due to this rotgut stuff.large.jpeg

Reading this thread has me considering trying the good stuff.

Sadly, most of my tequila remembrances are from years ago and like yours and Jman's, mostly due to this rotgut stuff.View attachment 9177590

Reading this thread has me considering trying the good stuff.

Tequila has to be the spirit with the biggest variance in quality. The cheap stuff is vile, mainly because of how it’s produced. The sugar is extracted chemically and then a boat load of additives are added. Go for a smooth traditionally made sipping tequila and it will share absolutely nothing in common with the cheap crap apart from the name of the drink on the label.

Tequila has to be the spirit with the biggest variance in quality. The cheap stuff is vile, mainly because of how it’s produced. The sugar is extracted chemically and then a boat load of additives are added. Go for a smooth traditionally made sipping tequila and it will share absolutely nothing in common with the cheap crap apart from the name of the drink on the label.
I would add that most people are introduced to tequila with a blanco or something that had gold color added, but no aging. Drinking something that has been barrel aged and mellowed makes a huge difference. And i would assume that most people who were not frequent tequila drinkers would pick up a Don Julio 70 or another higher end cristalino.

My Mother’s Day gift to my wife.
IMG_7570.jpeg

I just toured the last glass from my bottle of Azulejos reposado. Makes me sad because I know how much it will cost me to replace it. The good news is that I get to pick another bottle design for my collection. But dollar for dollar, I prefer the Casa Maestri reposado. Cheaper by about $55 and better, in my opinion. But the bottle isn’t as nice.

@baylrballa I have been getting tons of ads for The Lost Explorer mezcal. I may have asked you this already, but have you tried it?

I just toured the last glass from my bottle of Azulejos reposado. Makes me sad because I know how much it will cost me to replace it. The good news is that I get to pick another bottle design for my collection. But dollar for dollar, I prefer the Casa Maestri reposado. Cheaper by about $55 and better, in my opinion. But the bottle isn’t as nice.

@baylrballa I have been getting tons of ads for The Lost Explorer mezcal. I may have asked you this already, but have you tried it?
I have not.

I don’t normally drink during the day, especially when I’m going to a footie match later, but watching a great GnR set on tv from the UK, I felt I was fitting to be drinking some tequila. I had a couple of each. The 2 best sipping blanco’s out there IMO.
FB56A296-F6AB-42E0-996F-8F347FBB85EB.jpeg

I don’t normally drink during the day, especially when I’m going to a footie match later, but watching a great GnR set on tv from the UK, I felt I was fitting to be drinking some tequila. I had a couple of each. The 2 best sipping blanco’s out there IMO.
View attachment 9188620

I've had El Tesoro Blanco - enjoyed it.

I've had El Tesoro Blanco - enjoyed it.

I haven’t found a better blanco for drinking neat yet. I’m going to give their anejo a go soon. Hoping it’s as good.

I haven’t found a better blanco for drinking neat yet. I’m going to give their anejo a go soon. Hoping it’s as good.

My daughter in law prefers their Anejo. It's tough to find in my area - DFW. Nope, I found it Repasado and Anejo

Back