That sounds like an amazing drink.

Had a strawberry-basil margarita at dinner tonight. It was phenomenal.

A gift from a client today:

IMG_8708.jpeg

I don’t normally drink during the day, especially when I’m going to a footie match later, but watching a great GnR set on tv from the UK, I felt I was fitting to be drinking some tequila. I had a couple of each. The 2 best sipping blanco’s out there IMO.
View attachment 9188620
Just finished a bottle of El Tesoro....for the price it's really hard to beat. Very very good.

Was finally able to snag a few I've been wanting to try when out in Chicago a couple weeks back. Picked up some Tapatio Reposado and G4 blanco. Haven't cracked the G4 quite yet because I still had the El Tesoro, but now that it's gone I'll have to get into it soon.

That was the other one I was looking to pick up, but went G4 instead. Have you had this one before?
Never. It’s so hard to find around here. My client had to ask a friend to find it. I just poured my first glass. I am not a blanco sipper, but this is very good. I can see why people hunt it down it’s a bit sharp on the front, which is expected for a blanco, but man is it smooth in the back end. It’s really good, which a fantastic agave flavor. All natural, no additives. I bet the reposado is exceptional.

IMG_8711.jpeg

Any experience with the Kirkland 100% Agave Anejo? Just picked up a 1.75 at Costco for a great price, on the recommendation of the liquor shop worker.

Any experience with the Kirkland 100% Agave Anejo? Just picked up a 1.75 at Costco for a great price, on the recommendation of the liquor shop worker.
None here but I am curious to hear your thoughts. It’s a great price point. I have been going with the Illegal Mezcal at my local Costco, since its quality at a good price.

None here but I am curious to hear your thoughts. It’s a great price point. I have been going with the Illegal Mezcal at my local Costco, since its quality at a good price.
Don’t know when I’ll open it but will post here when I do. BTW I didn’t see any Mezcal at my Costco.

Don’t know when I’ll open it but will post here when I do.
I was just researching the NOM for it and came across this article. Casa Maestri is one of my favorite “big box” distilleries. Their name brand sold at Total Wine is always a great value. I could see why it would be a steal at Costco pricing. Unfortunately it looks like they are no longer the distiller.

I’ll have to see which NOM is on my bottle.

From an article earlier this year it looks like most will be NOM 1173, with some being from NOM 1142. Will be interesting to hear where the one you picked up is from.

Tequila Tasting at Briggs was awesome

From an article earlier this year it looks like most will be NOM 1173, with some being from NOM 1142. Will be interesting to hear where the one you picked up is from.
NOM 1173 here.

Time to crack the nice tequila.

IMG_3661.jpeg

Last year the wife done a whisky advent calendar. This year, she’s done another, but this year it’s tequila!!!!
Day 1…….
IMG_9042.jpeg

IMG_9041.jpeg

Day 2 and not familiar with this one. I didn’t expect much but it’s actually not too bad. Quite Smokey for a tequila, almost more like a mezcal. Cool bottle too.
IMG_9060.jpeg

A friend brought over a bottle of Don Abraham for a holiday party and we finished the bottle easily. It was a fantastic tequila. It had some rose, honey and whisky flavors with a nice tequila finish. A great drinking tequila....receommended!

Last edited:
Day 3! Another that I thought would be awful as I’d never heard of it. Turns out it was pretty good. Also turns out it’s $270 a bottle at Total Wine. Is it worth that? I don’t think so, but it’s a good sipper.
IMG_9063.jpeg

4 days in and not had a bad one yet. IMG_9068.jpeg

Does she get these from somewhere as an advent calendar, or does she completely come up with it herself?

She buys them herself. She did a whisky one last year and I was hoping to discover some decent whisky’s, but most of them were pretty meh. She’s done a great job with this tequila calendar, I haven’t worked out yet whether it was by design or complete accident LOL.

She buys them herself. She did a whisky one last year and I was hoping to discover some decent whisky’s, but most of them were pretty meh. She’s done a great job with this tequila calendar, I haven’t worked out yet whether it was by design or complete accident LOL.
That's awesome. I need to do that for myself lol

Back