Texas Get Together October '12

I am a little disappointed with the turn out as well.

There was tons of interest MONTHS ago. Not sure how people don't put it on the calendar and block it off. I never would have committed myself if I had known so many people were going to bail.

Sounds like we have a lot of "soccer practice" that weekend.

This will probably be my last unofficial THP gathering.

I think only 2 people have referenced "soccer". That would be myself and Nate. So, personally, I am offended by your comment. Some of us think are kids activities are a tad bit more important than golf. Maybe you don't have kids, maybe you do, I don't know. But, like Nate said, "...things come up in life."

To say you won't attend a future THP gathering because of this is unfortunate. I hope that is just short-term frustration. Hopefully, you'll change your mind and keep trying to attend these functions. They are fun, regardless of how many folks attend.

I'm still a definite for Sunday, my kids are grown...so no soccer practice :)

Looks like there will be a weather change for this weekend but the rain will be gone by tee time Saturday! See everyone this weekend.

The reservations have been made for both courses and we are committed now.

See you guys Sunday! Looks like long pants for the first time this fall!

It's only 55.....I've know guys that play in shorts for that temp!

Deal, I'll wear my short pants if you will. I might have to break out pullover though. My fat isn't very insulating.

Tapatalking like a boss

Last edited:
It's only 55.....I've know guys that play in shorts for that temp!

55?! That's like a warm spring day when I lived in WI...........and it is shorts weather!

Looking forward to playing in some cooler weather. I'm tired of 90/100 temps. Just hope the rain doesn't linger for Saturday.

THIS WEEKEND FINALLY! Excited to tee it up with you guys on Sat/Sun along with the cooler weather!

I think only 2 people have referenced "soccer". That would be myself and Nate. So, personally, I am offended by your comment. Some of us think are kids activities are a tad bit more important than golf. Maybe you don't have kids, maybe you do, I don't know. But, like Nate said, "...things come up in life."

To say you won't attend a future THP gathering because of this is unfortunate. I hope that is just short-term frustration. Hopefully, you'll change your mind and keep trying to attend these functions. They are fun, regardless of how many folks attend.

I said "unofficial" THP gathering. Which is exactly what this is.

And I referenced "soccer" as a general reference. I just know people know for a fact that they have soccer or some other event every single weekend, yet still chime in as interested.

As I said, I'm disappointed turn out is so low.

$100... big baller!

And the weather is not perfect! It's going to be so cold! At least we'll all look sharp haha. Can't wait!

TBD, tdak is from south Texas NOT north Texas. It might be a new experience for him to see such cold temps.

TBD, tdak is from south Texas NOT north Texas. It might be a new experience for him to see such cold temps.

Cold, your nuts, never mind your are from SA:D

I will be staying in SA on Monday night.

This is correct. I much rather prefer 100+ to below 65... hah! Even though I love snowboarding.

Coming to SA for work I guess?

dtak, You bringing the snow boarding gear to play golf in?

$100... big baller!

And the weather is not perfect! It's going to be so cold! At least we'll all look sharp haha. Can't wait!

Mid 60's won't be cold. Finally feel like fall for a few days. Short pants & a pullover.

TBD, what time are you getting to the course on Saturday? I have to take someone to the airport Saturday morning, and was planning on dropping the family back at the house and maybe heading over to the course early.

TBD, what time are you getting to the course on Saturday? I have to take someone to the airport Saturday morning, and was planning on dropping the family back at the house and maybe heading over to the course early.

I'm going to try and get there early myself. I like to check things out.

Back