The 2014-15 College Basketball Season

Obviously being in Richmond, VA and actually being at this game... I thought this was amazing.

Just realized it is getting pub all over -> http://www.myfoxny.com/story/28298633/sold-out-stadium-crowd-sings-national-anthem
HA...My man Pav!! That's fantastic. I know Chris very well, I interviewed him and Ryan (the Band Director) for piece on the VCU Fan section and Band a couple years ago. He is appropriately nicknamed.

I first became aware of him when I attended a CAA Tournament game about four years ago. During the national anthem, I heard this lone incredible voice coming from the stands. I turned to see who it was and it was this big guy dressed in ram head gear and all. I asked a couple other writers who that was, and they told me.

I got to meet him over the weekend, and the next year the story.

OK, at the top of the list is Cameron and The Phog....but after that you won't find too many better environments to watch a college basketball game than the SiegelCenter. Holds about 7500 and has been sold out every game for the past five years I believe.

Thanks for sharing the video, I had not seen that.

The BigWest Tournament officially starts today. #1 UC Davis Aggies plays #8 CSUN Matadors. #2 UCSB Gauchos play #7 Cal Poly Mustangs. #3 UC Irvine Anteaters play #6 UC Riverside Highlanders. #4 LBSU 49ers play #5 Hawaii Rainbow Warriors. Every year the BigWest Tournament is different and like all tournaments roll players step up and make big plays.

Hope International Royals beat Concordia Irvine Eagles in GSAC Tournament Championship game securing the Royals first ever GSAC Tournament Championship victory in school history. Concordia Irvine is in its last season in NAIA D1 as they join the PacWest Conference in NCAA D2 next season.

The PAC 12 Tournament is down to it's final 8 teams. #1 Arizona Wildcats play #8 Cal Berkeley Bears. #2 Oregon Ducks play #10 Colorado Buffaloes. #3 Utah Running Utes play #6 Stanford Cardinal. #4 UCLA Bruins play #12 USC Trojans.

A lot of awesome tournaments going on right now for chances to make it to the NAIA, and NCAA Tournaments.

Obviously being in Richmond, VA and actually being at this game... I thought this was amazing.

Just realized it is getting pub all over -> http://www.myfoxny.com/story/28298633/sold-out-stadium-crowd-sings-national-anthem

Thanks for posting that - absolutely love the VCU band. One of the best in country, in my opinion.

HA...My man Pav!! That's fantastic. I know Chris very well, I interviewed him and Ryan (the Band Director) for piece on the VCU Fan section and Band a couple years ago. He is appropriately nicknamed.

I first became aware of him when I attended a CAA Tournament game about four years ago. During the national anthem, I heard this lone incredible voice coming from the stands. I turned to see who it was and it was this big guy dressed in ram head gear and all. I asked a couple other writers who that was, and they told me.

I got to meet him over the weekend, and the next year the story.

OK, at the top of the list is Cameron and The Phog....but after that you won't find too many better environments to watch a college basketball game than the SiegelCenter. Holds about 7500 and has been sold out every game for the past five years I believe.

Thanks for sharing the video, I had not seen that.

I need to check out a game at VCU at some point. I have heard it is a great place to see a game, but have not had a chance to get down there. Between the VCU and Dayton bands, I think the A-10 has two of the better bands in college basketball. Got to see the VCU band a few times at the A-10 conference tournament. The first year they were in the conference, people in press row stopped what they were doing to watch them. I still have video saved of the band performing Tom Sawyer, Out of Africa and the War Song. The crowd got into it and it was so loud in the Barclays Center, you honestly thought it was a Rams' home game.

Thanks for posting that - absolutely love the VCU band. One of the best in country, in my opinion.

I need to check out a game at VCU at some point. I have heard it is a great place to see a game, but have not had a chance to get down there. Between the VCU and Dayton bands, I think the A-10 has two of the better bands in college basketball. Got to see the VCU band a few times at the A-10 conference tournament. The first year they were in the conference, people in press row stopped what they were doing to watch them. I still have video saved of the band performing Tom Sawyer, Out of Africa and the War Song. The crowd got into it and it was so loud in the Barclays Center, you honestly thought it was a Rams' home game.

Don't forget George Masons 'Green Machine" they do a killer Livin on a Prayer.

I have several video clips of VCU's on my You Tube Channel Loved them doing War.

I may have one of JMU's Start Wearing Purple as well.

Last edited:
Here's one from the tourney three years ago.

Time to Rock Chalk

This ones' better than the video I have of JMU's Start Wearing Purple. The stands are empty as they didn't dwell that section due to the view.I love some good college pep bands if you can't tell!!

Last edited:
And lastly the George Mason Green Machine.

Close but KU had a half time lead

Man I hate working during Tournament time.

I am in shock right now after hearing Auburn won not 1, but two SEC tournament games.

I am in shock right now after hearing Auburn won not 1, but two SEC tournament games.

They're such a hard team to watch, too. I've seen em go 7 or 8 minutes at a time and not score. Hope they keep winning.

They're such a hard team to watch, too. I've seen em go 7 or 8 minutes at a time and not score. Hope they keep winning.
I haven't watched them play in weeks.

I actually like watching them more than any Barbee team. I would throw things watching his team's brick free throws.

I haven't watched them play in weeks.

I actually like watching them more than any Barbee team. I would throw things watching his team's brick free throws.

That didn't end with Barbee haha. Bowers shooting a free throw might rival Barkley's golf swing in ugliness.

Rock Chalk. 1 win in Big12 Tourney

Ohio state pulled the win out tonight. Hope they go far

Today will be an incredible day do basketball. So many great semi-finals and quarterfinal match ups.

North Carolina-Virginia
VCU-Richmond
Duke-Norte Dame
Maryland-Indiana
Ohio State-Michigan State
Kentucky-Florida
Kansas-Baylor

If I wasn't taking next Friday off as part of a long standing tradition, I think I'd be coming down with a bit of a cold today....ha

Today will be an incredible day do basketball. So many great semi-finals and quarterfinal match ups.

North Carolina-Virginia
VCU-Richmond
Duke-Norte Dame
Maryland-Indiana
Ohio State-Michigan State
Kentucky-Florida
Kansas-Baylor

If I wasn't taking next Friday off as part of a long standing tradition, I think I'd be coming down with a bit of a cold today....ha

You are right - alot of great games today. Bad time to be having Cable issues. They are coming Sunday morning to fix it and I might be really angry by then with all the basketball I might be missing.

You are right - alot of great games today. Bad time to be having Cable issues. They are coming Sunday morning to fix it and I might be really angry by then with all the basketball I might be missing.

Oh man that's horrible id be finding a sports bar to camp out all weekend. Is your internet tied into your cable?

If not you could find some online to watch. Well as long as it's ready for next weekend is the most important thing.

Oh man that's horrible id be finding a sports bar to camp out all weekend. Is your internet tied into your cable?

If not you could find some online to watch. Well as long as it's ready for next weekend is the most important thing.

There are ways around it for the next day or so. The apartment complex gym has TVs in it with cable. I may end up watching the entire Duke game from the gym while on a marathon bike ride.

Wish Miami would have played like they did the 2nd half the whole game. Ohh well guess its NIT.

Hilarious. Sam Dekker goes for a highlight behind the back pass with 10 seconds left, turns it over. Bo immediately pulls him and chews him out.

Back