The 2014-15 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt it. They are going to spread the love this year. No way one conference gets two teams in. I also don't think Auburn is going to run the table from here on out.

I'll put money up right now the SEC will get 2 in lol. The BCS was made for them

I'll put money up right now the SEC will get 2 in lol. The BCS was made for them

The BCS no longer exists. So if you want to bet that the SEC will get two teams into the BCS I would gladly take that wager.

The BCS no longer exists. So if you want to bet that the SEC will get two teams into the BCS I would gladly take that wager.
lol I know. The sentiment is still the same. I'm very confident 2 SEC teams will be in the playoff regardless

lol I know. The sentiment is still the same. I'm very confident 2 SEC teams will be in the playoff regardless

We shall see. I think one from the SEC, Big XII, Pac12/Big10 and ACC will be there. Though if it would otherwise mean a spot for ND, then I am all for a second SEC team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Holy smokes. These Mississippi teams are playing some serious ball this year!
They are both good. I love it cause the bigwigs in the sec hate it :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Of course they will get 2 teams #ESPNBias

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Doubt it. They are going to spread the love this year. No way one conference gets two teams in. I also don't think Auburn is going to run the table from here on out.

SEC could very well get two teams, but I agree, Auburn will lose again.

That being said, after the LSU game last year I was really hoping we could win 9 games. So if this game galvanized us in the same way, watch out.

But we just can't find a Grove on offense.

Not gonna lost, watching the gators lose like they did takes a bit of the sting off our loss.

Learned a lot tonight : first ) ND will have to play a++++ next weekend . Second) Ole Miss is the ultimate tail gate party . Lastly) the SEC is so so so tough , they rule the top 10

I think the only way the SEC gets two in is if multiple conference champions have two losses, and there are two SEC teams with one loss that run the remaining schedules. Even then, I think the committee may send a message about non-conference strength of schedule...particularly with a team like Miss St, if they are not the SEC champ.

Regardless, with LSU beating Florida, it is still true that no team in the SEC West has lost to a team outside the SEC West (conf and non-conf).

I think the only way the SEC gets two in is if multiple conference champions have two losses, and there are two SEC teams with one loss that run the remaining schedules. Even then, I think the committee may send a message about non-conference strength of schedule...particularly with a team like Miss St, if they are not the SEC champ.

Regardless, with LSU beating Florida, it is still true that no team in the SEC West has lost to a team outside the SEC West (conf and non-conf).

The Miss schools schedule is doing them no favors, neither play anybody outside the west. But if either of them win the SEC and Auburn or Bama are sitting there with one loss I think we would very possibly see both teams in.

But I still don't think either team does that.

Mississippi State jumps FSU to claim the # 1 spot in the AP. Based on what both teams have done so far this year, I certainly would not put up an argument, Glad to see the voters are finally paying attention to what is happening on the field.

Mississippi State jumps FSU to claim the # 1 spot in the AP. Based on what both teams have done so far this year, I certainly would not put up an argument, Glad to see the voters are finally paying attention to what is happening on the field.

I'm shocked Auburn stayed ahead of Bama. It is the correct decision in my biased mind, but still surprising.

If I'm Jimbo Fisher I use this to motivate the team to play harder and win by bigger margins. However all that really matters is being one of the four teams the playoff committee selects. Just get in and then win two games.

If I'm Jimbo Fisher I use this to motivate the team to play harder and win by bigger margins. However all that really matters is being one of the four teams the playoff committee selects. Just get in and then win two games.

I agree, who cares if you are 1 or 4, just stay in that 4 and you have a chance. FSU is more of a lock for the playoffs than any team in college football right now IMO.

Minnesota is finally getting a few votes in the polls. Their only loss is against TCU. Which looked really bad when it happened, but TCU is aparently pretty good.

Not that it matters, hopefully they beat Iowa, and Wisconsin, they do that or even beat 1 of them (my preference is for the Axe) and then win their bowl game and it would be a successful season.

Also David Cobb is looking to be one of the better backs in the Big 10, he gets a crap ton of touches though, would love to see him split some reps with Edwards, or Rodrick Williams JR.

I agree, who cares if you are 1 or 4, just stay in that 4 and you have a chance. FSU is more of a lock for the playoffs than any team in college football right now IMO.
They're a lock as long as FSU drags their feet on this disciplinary action against Jameis. If they report back and recommend a suspension soon, I wouldn't be surprised to see FSU drop further in the polls. I don't expect to see anything any time soon from that disciplinary review though.

They're a lock as long as FSU drags their feet on this disciplinary action against Jameis. If they report back and recommend a suspension soon, I wouldn't be surprised to see FSU drop further in the polls. I don't expect to see anything any time soon from that disciplinary review though.
The disciplinary action will come the day after FSUs season is finished. That's how FSU rolls. Just look at their history of dealing with star football players...

All these schools have issues with players . These schools need to set a strict guideline and get rid of these guys . Sets a great example for youths I tell ya . Steal crab legs/ abuse women/ cheat on tests ..

Just epic

All these schools have issues with players . These schools need to set a strict guideline and get rid of these guys . Sets a great example for youths I tell ya . Steal crab legs/ abuse women/ cheat on tests ..

Just epic

Being negligent leading to a student dying so he could video a practice....

Being negligent leading to a student dying so he could video a practice....
Exactly : him too . I didn't agree with that either , that one is still under investigation . Why I still respect Purdue football as well , they may be the worst team on the planet of div 1 .But they run a clean program

Dev I do agree with you . Infact Kelly should've been fired on the spot . And possible criminal charges should've been followed up on . Last I heard , family received a big settlement

Agree .. This event was bs

5 undefeated teams now

Will be at most 4 after the weekend.

With 2 of those teams meeting at the end of November.

Will be interesting to see which 1 loss teams make it into the playoff and if it continues to be the situation where the earlier you lose the better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back