The 2014-15 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't FCS teams already do this? And haven't they done this for awhile now?

Looks like they play 15 games if they win the championship.

They also have a 24 team playoff system.
The most any one team played was 15 games. It's still a bit too much IMO for a game that requires the level of physical duress that football does.

Really you could just make the conference championship games a playoff game.

Than conferences without championship games could host at large bids.

Winston signed over 900 autographs they're now saying... Seems like FSU just rolling the dice on punishment where UGA tried to stop any potential punishment with Gurley

Really you could just make the conference championship games a playoff game.

Than conferences without championship games could host at large bids.
I'm not opposed to it. The question becomes ... what conferences get in (there are 10 of them), which ones get left out ... and why? Then what do you do with the 4 remaining independents?

Say you do the following: 10 teams get in from conference championships and then two "at large bids"? That's a 12 team playoff ... top 4 teams get a bye. Teams that make it to the championship would play a total of 3 (if top 4) or 4 (for all the others) games.

Winston signed over 900 autographs they're now saying... Seems like FSU just rolling the dice on punishment where UGA tried to stop any potential punishment with Gurley

I really don't have an issue with this .. Winston's other allegations are a little disappointing for man with so much talent . And such a bright future ahead of him . I personally think FSU is trying to draw this out until the end of the season , let Winston leave for the NFL .. Than they will sweep it under the carpet . For a young man with this much ability , I see his picture and see a big disappointment and a let down to his team/ school/ community/ family / and all the billions of children that look up to him . Being a student athlete has many responsibilities , he has failed at all of these

Independents and minor conferences would have to go by Strength of schedule, power 5 conferences get an automatic in.

So 9 teams from power 5, (2 from big 10, 2 from acc, 2 from sec, 2 from pac 12, 1 from big 12 ) and 3 at large bids.

That's what, a 18 game schedule at that point?

You'd have to drop some Non conference games.

Doing that, and making championship games part of the playoff would end Independants, and would make the big 12 expand to have a conference game, making at large bids less of an issue.

It'll be hard to expand the playoffs, and keep it under 16 games.

8 game playoff wouldn't be so bad, or even a 6 team playoff (though at that point might as well add two more and get rid of first round bye.)

"If I ever get Manziel disease, I want all of you to smack me in the head with your microphones"

Winston in August 2013 after the Manziel, Clowney, etc autograph stuff came to light. This guy may be the biggest idiot on the planet. I wonder if anyone has smacked him with a mic yet?

Independents and minor conferences would have to go by Strength of schedule, power 5 conferences get an automatic in.

What's the cutoff point, though? Just not have a SOS worse than a power 5 conference team and you're in? Currently Iowa has the worst SOS for power 5 conferences at 115th place out of 128 teams.

Over 2,000 Winston autographs now in the latest report... How has UGA suspended Gurley but FSU does nothing? NCAA will have to step in at some point and say either both can play or both out right? I know the FSU investigation and discipline hearing for Winston is a complete sham, and if anything did happen it would be conveniently after the football season is over

Texas and LSU announced a home and home for 2019 in Austin and 202 in Baton Rouge. Freaking Awesome!!!! My to favorite schools. I'd give up golf for a year to go to both those games. Hopefully by then UT is back into the top 10 yearly, LSU is still strong in the $EC, and aggy can whine about getting curb stomped by both schools in one year. I'd cheer for ISIS before ever cheering for aggy.

I'd cheer for ISIS before ever cheering for aggy.

Not going to lie, that's pretty disgusting dude.
I know its just an expression, but there are people that have lost their lives over that terrorist group.

This guy needs to hang out with solidkjames.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's depressing watching this terrible vokies team and realizing they somehow beat Ohio st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And people say the Aggies are the ones with the complex... Whoa...

Good job Manion throwing a pick near your endzone

I doubt either of those to (sic) teams would want to be associated with a fan like that.

Forced to work a 16 hour shift tomorrow . Will miss the biggest game of our season , stinks but life goes on :(

im one of the few , but Im confident we can pull it out .

Forced to work a 16 hour shift tomorrow . Will miss the biggest game of our season , stinks but life goes on :(

im one of the few , but Im confident we can pull it out .
I will be right there with you believing and pulling for the Irish!

I've missed most of the Husker games because of work.

But I've caught most of the Gophers games

I will be right there with you believing and pulling for the Irish!

Me too. I'm not quite as confident as you guys, but I'll definitely be rooting hard.

I've missed most of the Husker games because of work.

But I've caught most of the Gophers games
Not an acceptable trade off!

And people say the Aggies are the ones with the complex... Whoa...

Sheeese, no kidding those Tiger fans are just the worst! But at least they have girl cheerleaders! Yea!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back