The 2014-15 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
American sports period.

The nba and nfl have/had so many scumbags thrive it's disgusting .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not think you would see the same outcry over wins and coaching records in the NFL. Look at what brought out with Ray Rice and AD situations. For some reason college football is a different animal.

The fact that a total amount of college football wins even means anything is absolutely ridiculous compared to what the banishment of those wins meant.

I do not think you would see the same outcry over wins and coaching records in the NFL. Look at what brought out with Ray Rice and AD situations. For some reason college football is a different animal.

The fact that a total amount of college football wins even means anything is absolutely ridiculous compared to what the banishment of those wins meant.

I agree 100% with the second half.

Looks like the basis was that the NCAA didn't want to spend/didn't have the money to defend the win stripping against all the lawsuits from the Penn State side.

My thoughts to the victims.

All of paternos wins to be restored.

Am I the only one that has a problem with this?

No you are not.
I think restoring the wins they took away is fine. Because the wins they took away happened when the sexual assault didn't happen.

They should vacate the wins from when it was actually happening though.

NCAA's handling of this situation has been piss poor, they make Florida's legal system competent.

Best quote at the end, "Man that's a lot of stuff!"

everybody-gettin-sumpn-snl.gif

As much as I am not a Desmond fan, good for him for that response.

All of paternos wins to be restored.

Am I the only one that has a problem with this?

I don't have a huge problem with it because the wins actually happened. Adolph Rupp was a card carrying racist and made no bones about it, yet is still considered by many to be one of the greatest basketball coaches to ever live. He never had anything taken away because "back then" it was OK to hate black people.

And while to differences between racism and ignoring the fact that you have a sexual predator in your staff and you ignore it are immeasurable, the fact remains that they were both egregious offenses of people's human rights. But, that does not take away from the number of games they won or lost.

Looks like lane Kiffin will be going to San Fran .

This guy ever gonna stay anywhere for more than a couple years?

The guy is a circus show. I'm honestly surprised Saban brought him in

Seems to be a lot of speculation, but no where near definitive yet from what I've read. For the most part, the fans would like him to stay at least another year, but anyone who thought he would be a long termer was very deluded.

Thought maybe this would interest some of you fellas:

This is funny and gross all at the same time!

What I think is funny is a recent recruit's dad kicking the Michigan coaching staff out of his home on a visit because they were being pompous a-holes. Now that is funny.

What I think is funny is a recent recruit's dad kicking the Michigan coaching staff out of his home on a visit because they were being pompous a-holes. Now that is funny.

Some may say he was being a pompous a hole and some could say he was just speaking the truth. I'm somewhere in the middle of that. Ya he said the truth but there's really no reason to use that as a recruiting pitch

Some interesting stuff going on between Texas and A&M.

If Texas can get Kyler Murray to flip this has the potential to be a huge year for them. If he comes I think they end up with a couple more guys that seem to be sort of a "package" deal wit Kyler.

Some may say he was being a pompous a hole and some could say he was just speaking the truth. I'm somewhere in the middle of that. Ya he said the truth but there's really no reason to use that as a recruiting pitch

Agree with the last part you said there....if that's the recruiting angle they are using then good luck to 'em!

Some interesting stuff going on between Texas and A&M.

If Texas can get Kyler Murray to flip this has the potential to be a huge year for them. If he comes I think they end up with a couple more guys that seem to be sort of a "package" deal wit Kyler.
I'm following it daily (ok, maybe hourly) and this is setting up to be a fascinating week leading up to NSD for Charlie and Co.

It was Nebraska, I'm surprised it didn't get uglier!!!

I'm following it daily (ok, maybe hourly) and this is setting up to be a fascinating week leading up to NSD for Charlie and Co.

It will be interesting to see if UT can steal Soso from UCLA. Charlie has the makings of a good class coming in . I'm glad they are ND's first game next year and not later in the season.

It will be interesting to see if UT can steal Soso from UCLA. Charlie has the makings of a good class coming in . I'm glad they are ND's first game next year and not later in the season.

I'm feeling better about Soso right now. Rumor is mama wants him to play close to home and she like what Charlie is preaching.

Reports are today Charlie made quite the impression on D. Mack another 5 star DL that was committed to A&M. They have a top 10 class right now if nothing else was to happen but this has the makings of a top 5 class if a few of these pieces fall right. Can't say enough about Strong and hitting the pavement esp. coming off that 6-7 disaster of a season.

So you wouldn't happen to have a few extra tickets to the game up there now would ya? A friend is asking of course. :D

I'm feeling better about Soso right now. Rumor is mama wants him to play close to home and she like what Charlie is preaching.

Reports are today Charlie made quite the impression on D. Mack another 5 star DL that was committed to A&M. They have a top 10 class right now if nothing else was to happen but this has the makings of a top 5 class if a few of these pieces fall right. Can't say enough about Strong and hitting the pavement esp. coming off that 6-7 disaster of a season.

So you wouldn't happen to have a few extra tickets to the game up there now would ya? A friend is asking of course. :D

Alumni lottery isn't until July ;) Hopefully I'll be able to score some.

I was a manager during the Bob Davie debacle and Charlie Strong was the coolest coach to work for. Just a great guy. I'm really happy for him and hope he gets UT turned around. I was hoping that he would still be stuck in a midmajor job the next time the ND spot opened up for him.

Alumni lottery isn't until July ;) Hopefully I'll be able to score some.

I was a manager during the Bob Davie debacle and Charlie Strong was the coolest coach to work for. Just a great guy. I'm really happy for him and hope he gets UT turned around. I was hoping that he would still be stuck in a midmajor job the next time the ND spot opened up for him.

I'm going to this game for sure. What's the scalping scene like there at game time? Cubs also play on Friday so we're going to do that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back