The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some "fans" are the absolute worst.

Crazy how the fanatics think and react. Unfortunately for too many team ranks higher than common sense and reality

While pathetic for those who wrote that stuff that doesn't hold a candle to the inbred hilljacks that call in to Finebaum every time Bama loses.

I have no guess now on this playoff possibilities. The next few weekends should be a great finish for every team in the hunt

At the very very worst .. Notre dame should get a real good bowl game this year (even if they miss out on the playoffs)

While pathetic for those who wrote that stuff that doesn't hold a candle to the inbred hilljacks that call in to Finebaum every time Bama loses.
Someone called 911 at the LSU game I think. Might have been Clemson. Can't remeber.

Can someone explain to me who the hell Heather Dinich is and where she came from?

Never saw her before this year and now she is all over the place making ridiculous statements.

Can someone explain to me who the hell Heather Dinich is and where she came from?

Never saw her before this year and now she is all over the place making ridiculous statements.
Did she say the tOSU didn't deserve to be in the top 4?

Did she say the tOSU didn't deserve to be in the top 4?

Nope she has them at three which is fine.

All year long she has just been making asinine statements .

TCU was the best team ever a couple weeks ago I believe .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's pretty horrible. Has been with ESPN for several years, 6 or so I think. Was the ACC best writer for them for most of that. Was moved to be the college playoff beat writer in 2014 and there was much rejoicing.

She's pretty horrible. Has been with ESPN for several years, 6 or so I think. Was the ACC best writer for them for most of that. Was moved to be the college playoff beat writer in 2014 and there was much rejoicing.
She can't be as bad as fortuna

Going to be interesting where they end up putting LSU this week. Wouldn't be shocked at all for them to flip Bama and LSU and keep them both in the top 4.

Going to be interesting where they end up putting LSU this week. Wouldn't be shocked at all for them to flip Bama and LSU and keep them both in the top 4.

1. clemson
2. alabama
3. oklahoma state
4. ohio state

i only say ok state over baylor because now ok state has a signature win over a quality opponent. that could change this weekend.

1. clemson
2. alabama
3. oklahoma state
4. ohio state

i only say ok state over baylor because now ok state has a signature win over a quality opponent. that could change this weekend.

I agree that if OKST keeps winning, they are going to jump into the top 4, but I'm not so sure it will be this week (I do agree they'll probably jump ahead of Baylor this week though). Even with the TCU win under their belt, their schedule has been pretty dismal to this point. The committee had them at 14 last week for a reason. And it wouldn't surprise me if the committee takes a bit of a wait-and-see approach to whether TCU is actually a quality win. TCU has not beaten anyone decent, and if they lose to both Oklahoma and Baylor (a real possibility, I think), it will mean that they lost to every good team they played all year.

Not that I'm the first to say it, but the real problem for the Big 12 is that the absolutely abysmal out of conference schedules make it hard to tell how good any of those teams really is on a national level. If the OKST/Oklahoma/Baylor/TCU round robin ends up with every team having at least one loss, it could be that two or three of those teams are legitimately elite. Or it could be that they're all pretty good, but none of them is great. And how is the committee supposed to tell? By looking at victories over Central Michigan, Central Arkansas, Texas-San Antonio, Akron, Tulsa, SMU, Lamar, Rice, or Stephen F. Austin?

Note 1: to be fair, Oklahoma did play Tennessee and TCU played Minnesota, both of whom are at least Power 5 teams, even if they aren't very good.

Note 2: also to be fair, the same non-conference scheduling argument could (and probably should) apply to certain SEC teams, particularly in light of the SEC's less-than-stellar bowl record last year. For example, LSU's only halfway decent out-of-conference game is Syracuse and calling that halfway decent might be generous. Their others are against McNeese State, Eastern Michigan, and Western Kentucky.

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Ohio State
4. Notre Dame

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Ohio State
4. Notre Dame

I think that is what we'll see as well. Although I could potentially see them keeping OSU ahead of them just because of that loss to a bad Ole Miss. But it's Bama and the SEC so most likely they will be #2.

I think that is what we'll see as well. Although I could potentially see them keeping OSU ahead of them just because of that loss to a bad Ole Miss. But it's Bama and the SEC so most likely they will be #2.

That brutal SEC conference game.

For Oklahoma, the gauntlet begins. Cautiously optimistic. Baylor has a freshman at QB, and TCU's been exposed (and we have them at home). OSU worries me the most and they host us in Stoolwater. We could go 3-0 or 0-3 or anything in between. Obviously hoping for 3-0.

For Oklahoma, the gauntlet begins. Cautiously optimistic. Baylor has a freshman at QB, and TCU's been exposed (and we have them at home). OSU worries me the most and they host us in Stoolwater. We could go 3-0 or 0-3 or anything in between. Obviously hoping for 3-0.
There is potentially a lot of shake up with things in the next few weeks. Looks like all the top teams are playing each other. I looked at Baylor's schedule the other day and they play both OK teams and TCU in next 3 games. If any of these guys survive these games without a loss, I would think they would have to be top 4 bound.

Seems a little slow doesn't it? If the site was up the first of last year, then taken down I don't think it should too much of an issue. Then again the NCAA is about as consistent with protecting the brand as the NFL.

Hopefully nothing comes of it, even for a tiger.

That's a shame. I hope it isn't true. He seems like a good kid (that just happens to look like a 40 year old man)

I really like the look of this model's playoff rankings. I love seeing ND up there at #3, and it will piss off all the OSU residents here :)
http://cfbmatrix.wpengine.com/?p=18158

The Fournette stuff has been going on for a while. I feel like I read it a few weeks ago. God forbid a kid try to make some money off of his own image while everyone else around him does. Hope nothing comes of it.

Heres my guess at the top 4

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. OSU
4. Notre Dame

Heres my guess at the top 4

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. OSU
4. Notre Dame

I agree. The trendy thing is to knock ND down one and put Okie St at 4. I don't think they're there yet.

I agree. The trendy thing is to knock ND down one and put Okie St at 4. I don't think they're there yet.

yeah thats definitely one that could go either way, something about having the 14th ranked team #4 overall just doesnt seem right yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back