The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

For those interested in a practice round or two in KC, what would you all think of Saturday the 10th? I'll defer to Taylor (TexasHacker) for course recommendations, but I think 36 would be great.

I can probably make it. The wife will be coming along :) she is visiting me then but we would enjoy a weekend in KC.

Spending our first year of marriage apart sucks...

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

No clue on putter choice. Hopefully they have something in the works with a flow neck. Otherwise the V line is the shape I like quite a bit from them.
I am lost on the putter as well. Odyssey doesn't carry a two sided putter I might have to peruse a center shafted tank 7 or see if I can make a #9 work.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I am lost on the putter as well. Odyssey doesn't carry a two sided putter I might have to peruse a center shafted tank 7 or see if I can make a #9 work.

Any suggestions?

Obviously I don't know what will be available in December, but I don't believe that they have ever made a center shafted Tank. Part of our discussion last year was about CS putters and they said that just do not have the demand for them.

I think the Tank series is incredible. IMO, a lot of players could benefit from it. The Tank #7 is light years different from a #9, ask Chris Koske, he'll recommend one vs the other.

Woke up early this morning with plans of heading out to the course by my work to get some putting and chipping practice in before work. Wouldn't you know it, it was raining out. Well, I was up and probably wouldn't be able to get back to bed anyway, so I decided to work on another of my Grandaddy (and life in general) goals, which is to get back into shape. I threw on my rain gear, and went for a 2 mile jog around the neighborhood. First time in a couple years for a run that long. I feel great now, and plan on running at least 2 times a week. It'll be nice to be back in shape again!

For those interested in a practice round or two in KC, what would you all think of Saturday the 10th? I'll defer to Taylor (TexasHacker) for course recommendations, but I think 36 would be great.

I can do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im currently rolling an Seemore M2 pretty well, by I did enjoy a Cleveland Classic #1 I used to use so ill probably go with a #1 or #1Wide model, I will definitely roll as many as I can until then by they should fit my eye. Excited to see what Callaway has up their sleeves this week! Eyes and ears at full attention!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Any suggestions?

Looking at your signature I'm thinking the #1W might be the closest fit based on head shape, but without knowing options, it's a pure guess.

Putters?

I plan on rolling them all and going from there.

Putters?

I plan on rolling them all and going from there.

that's me. Been pretty straight forward with my thoughts on the versa stuff the last 2 years. I figure most of my time while others are getting fittings will be wedges and putters. Not to mention reminding ScottyG that he is in for the beat down of his life.

that's me. Been pretty straight forward with my thoughts on the versa stuff the last 2 years. I figure most of my time while others are getting fittings will be wedges and putters. Not to mention reminding ScottyG that he is in for the beat down of his life.
I think thats one thing im for sure on is wedges. I want as much MD3 as i can get in my bag. Which is nice because i feel like ill need as much time as possible to pick out a putter.

I think thats one thing im for sure on is wedges. I want as much MD3 as i can get in my bag. Which is nice because i feel like ill need as much time as possible to pick out a putter.

Don't think you'll need as much time as you think you will. You know what works and doesn't work for you. You tell them this is what I have, this is what I've tried that worked/didn't, go from there.

#TeamRedeption guys pondering makes me smile and laugh. I was in your shoes. Just relax and trust the fitters. They make it so easy if you let them.

#TeamRedeption guys pondering makes me smile and laugh. I was in your shoes. Just relax and trust the fitters. They make it so easy if you let them.
i dont think any of us dont trust the fitters or the process. Just a little excitement thats all. Nothing wrong with that

The fitters are truly amazing!
Nothing wrong with being exited and pondering bag makeup.
I know many in this years event probably haven't gotten a full bag fitting and club deal.
Pretty special times!

But I fully agree, go in with an idea, but also an open mind, and I bet you'll be pleased with the results!

i dont think any of us dont trust the fitters or the process. Just a little excitement thats all. Nothing wrong with that

Which is why I say I have been there and understand. I love the excitement.

A lot of excitement, as it should be, ponder away gentlemen. Ponder away. It's only right.

I will say though, I love seeing it all in the gear threads too.

Once the new apex threads go live I imagine we will have some talking there as well

A lot of excitement, as it should be, ponder away gentlemen. Ponder away. It's only right.

I will say though, I've seeing it all in the gear threads too.
Im trying to keep the separate club pondering for their specific threads so i dont turn this into my own pondering thread

Great to see all the pondering. I am sure you guys are in for a truly great and eye opening experience.

Once the new apex threads go live I imagine we will have some talking there as well

Oh, and some things that will surprise you as well on top of the irons....

Back