The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

The excitement for this thing is through the roof!!!!

I have followed along with the Grandaddy for two years now and it's amazing that Callaway and THP make this event better and better each year. I find it hard to believe that this year will be better than last, but I'm sure the event will evolve.

Very excited to get the contests rolling and win my way in!

I'm having so much fun prepping for the Guantlet, I'd be over the moon if I got to add Grandaddy prep into the mix!

#TheKing was an awesome experience. I hadn't really played any sort of team golf before. Would love the opportunity to tee it up again with my fellow THPers at the Grandaddy. I will definitely be following this thread for any updates on the contest.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

When does this contest kick off?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Looking forward to the contests! Such an amazing event. I joined and started really following THP last year when the Granddaddy was getting ready to begin. It's been on my wish list ever since!

Sometimes you've got to admit when you are wrong or your mind has been changed...

I've been in the camp that has been less motivated by the equipment side of this event. Don't get me wrong, it isn't like I didn't like that part of it, just that the experience has always been more front and center. Well, the recent BB driver and FW releases have changed that a bit...the juices are flowing a little bit more over the prospects of getting custom fitted into some of this gear.

oh man i just get pumped and want to leave work to hit the course reading this. I just got selected for the Wilson Proto event in October. To be fitted by the actual Wilson Staff team, I think getting in to this would be a great way to 1. Complete my year of golf and 2. Put the new fitted clubs I'll be receiving to the ultimate test....along with my ability to actually hit well! Gonna keep a close tab on this. Can't wait!

oh man i just get pumped and want to leave work to hit the course reading this. I just got selected for the Wilson Proto event in October. To be fitted by the actual Wilson Staff team, I think getting in to this would be a great way to 1. Complete my year of golf and 2. Put the new fitted clubs I'll be receiving to the ultimate test....along with my ability to actually hit well! Gonna keep a close tab on this. Can't wait!

just a heads up, but you wouldn't be using those Wilson's for this event. Part of this event includes a complete driver to putter fitting by the people at Callaway, so every piece of equipment used during the grandaddy will be Callaway.

just a heads up, but you wouldn't be using those Wilson's for this event. Part of this event includes a complete driver to putter fitting by the people at Callaway, so every piece of equipment used during the grandaddy will be Callaway.

Well that would make sense now wouldn't it! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if the #Grandaddy is heading back to the hideaway... but these are still incredibly NICE to look at :)

http://www.hideawaygolfclub.com/photobooks/golf_pete_dye

http://www.hideawaygolfclub.com/photobooks/golf_clive_clark

Ahhh memories!! I really like to read this article, written by Clive Clark, the architect of the Clive Course. Has some great tips for future players (ie. millionaires and #Grandaddy participants).

http://www.hideawaygolfclub.com/uploads/press/desertgolfer.com_Dec-Jan2012-13.pdf

Good thing my ball hates the rough and is always down the middle.

One thing I would tell all prospective Grandaddy Team Redemption participants.
Be active on THP leading up to the contests. You are going to want to know what is going on throughout the forum.
If you are the person that comes on for the contests and does not spend much time in the equipment and/or golf threads, you may find some of the contests tougher.

challenge accepted!!

Be active on THP leading up to the contests. You are going to want to know what is going on throughout the forum.
If you are the person that comes on for the contests and does not spend much time in the equipment and/or golf threads, you may find some of the contests tougher.

To add to that...if anyone is reserve or kinda afraid to be active because they don't really know anyone, just post anyways. I got to meet a handful of fellow THPers last weekend and man I still keep talking to my friends and family how good of a time I had. We really all are the same golfers with the same intentions and love for the game. If I didn't just reach out and reply in the thread they started I don't think I would have ever had that much fun golfing in my near future.

Now that I got myself started I feel like I'm checking different threads for updates and replying every 30 seconds.

I hated Tapatalk before THP....while I still don't love it, at least I can keep up to date with everything on THP with it.

Would be so amazing to win MVP at #TheGauntlet and get in to this!

Truth. Truth. Truth.

And on a captains note I'll add, being active won't just be a leading up to trying to get in thing, #TeamRedemption is going to be freaking BRINGING IT to the forum from the get go.

New year, new attitude.

Hell yes.

I have belonged to various golf boards for the last 12-13, and I have to say that THP is far and away the most well run site that I use. I still frequent 4 or 5 others that I am sure most everyone goes to also.However I have found myself for the last year to spend most of my time here. I am glad I am not driving for a living anymore, because I would be pulling over every 5 minutes to see what I had missed.

Back