The 2015 Grandaddy Live Update Thread - The Golf Trip Of A Lifetime

This event has serious power that stays with you even when it's over. Usually after a big event where I had been grinding and practicing I take some time off and don't touch a club for a week or two and then approach things with a fresh mind. Not anymore. I couldn't wait to put on a Grandaddy shirt, couldn't wait to load up my bag and head to the course to play. I love my clubs. I love that the grandaddy logo is all over all of my gear. Twice today I looked up at groups of trees and pictured mountains. This event has changed how I look at golf. It has changed my life

Freaking love it Phil!

There really is no right or wrong way for someone to enjoy THP. The only thing Jman instilled in us from the very beginning is that this event was going to be about the community. It was going to be inclusive of the people here, not exclusive to the people in the event.

Make them feel like they were part of the journey and the event. Make them feel like they were part of Team Redemption. And most importantly, make them feel like the equipment was for them too. Share with everybody the information, what we learned, what we were fit to and most of all, what helped us enjoy the game more.

Couldn't have said it better, represent THP on all accounts.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

This event has serious power that stays with you even when it's over. Usually after a big event where I had been grinding and practicing I take some time off and don't touch a club for a week or two and then approach things with a fresh mind. Not anymore. I couldn't wait to put on a Grandaddy shirt, couldn't wait to load up my bag and head to the course to play. I love my clubs. I love that the grandaddy logo is all over all of my gear. Twice today I looked up at groups of trees and pictured mountains. This event has changed how I look at golf. It has changed my life

Well said brother. I would love to have hit the range/course today. This event just creates something in you that makes you want to keep going. It's not even the physical part of swinging the clubs, for me it's to keep talking about this event to anyone that will listen because it was that great.

Perfectly said. This event makes you want to be more active with golf and on the forum. Frankly for me it is because my job isn't done. I now have a responsibility that I have put on myself to bring my thoughts of these clubs to the forum.

I feel the exact same way, I'm at work today but tomorrow I will be right back to swinging away with these awesome clubs and appreciating everything that comes with it! Can't wait to tee it up with you guys again as well! Jealous you were able to get right back to THP golf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That moment when you want to sit down and clean your new clubs and realize they were already cleaned at the hideaway, priceless!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I've already talked about and recapped this event with my wife, dad and brother, on 3 separate occasions. You would think it gets old telling the same (long) story 3 times in 2 days. Nope. It actually gets better and better. Each time I find myself smiling or laughing at some detail I left out before. Same when I think about my teammates that I shared this experience with, nothing but smiles and good thoughts.

I've already talked about and recapped this event with my wife, dad and brother, on 3 separate occasions. You would think it gets old telling the same (long) story 3 times in 2 days. Nope. It actually gets better and better. Each time I find myself smiling or laughing at some detail I left out before. Same when I think about my teammates that I shared this experience with, nothing but smiles and good thoughts.

Hahahaha! My wife just walks into the other room when I start talking.

I talked about this event a lot today to the Ohio THP crew. It was hard for me to talk about something else. Just so many wild things that you wouldn't believe unless you lived it. It makes me happy that another group of people get to

The 2015 Grandaddy Live Update Thread - The Golf Trip Of A Lifetime

Wrong thread

What a great event Grandaddy 3.0 was! I thoroughly enjoyed meeting every person from the THP team. It definitely lived up to the spirit and vision we created together for what we wanted the event to be. The results are absolutely unimportant. As I said to Phil and Nate (Rallo) on day one, nobody remembers who played well and who didn't. The goal each and every year is to try to create a golf experience that nobody could possibly have anywhere else. From the products each participant gets, to the interaction and camaraderie, to the hospitality shown by the Hideway and its staff, to the golf courses, we hope to create a memory that each person can cherish for the rest of their lives. I mean that literally. The competition is only there to help foster teamwork and make it fun for the two days we are in the desert. But it shouldn't have an impact on how much fun people have at all. If that ever becomes the thing that is emphasized most, then we should stop doing it.

I'm pleased Team THP had such a memorable time. That is exactly why we do this event. It's also a great time for the Zoocrew to get together and bond, just like Team THP does. We also love interacting and sharing this experience with you all. That's what it's all about. The competition is meaningless, actually.

So glasses raised to Team THP! You guys are awesome and are what make golf so fun and this event so special. I wish I could have had the chance to play with everyone, because my rounds with Phil, Nate, Thomas (Big Leish), Taylor, Matt, and James were so fun.

I can't wait to tee it up again at Grandaddy 4. FOUR!!! The THP group has a really high bar to cross because Team Redemption were some of the best people you could hope to meet.

H, you are the man. Enjoyed sharing a round with you. Truly a great guy and you really embody what this whole thing is about.

Thank you Harry. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Harry, that post means a lot to me and I know my team feels the same way. I couldn't be more thankful for the entire experience

It lives on!
04415538d4d8269c6b1cff2fa7949ec4.jpg

I've been asked "isn't this belt awesome" like 3-4 times already. Yes hunny, the belt is awesome

It is awesome. And it's from the Hideaway. So it's even more awesome

Harry you sir have said what we've all been trying to articulate since this event ended.

Hats off to you and your team, because while the competition is what brings us together, the entirety of the event is what makes the memories last. I cannot say thank you enough for providing our team with the best golf experience we'll ever experience.

I forgot to post this one too. Gotta love the members at the Hideaway
3db0baf74a7650572727b126bbb40e7c.jpg

I've been asked "isn't this belt awesome" like 3-4 times already. Yes hunny, the belt is awesome

Hahaha! I freaked out when I realized the buckle hides a ball marker. It's like I found a secret decoder ring or something .

Wish I could have shared a round with ya Harry. But had a blast with the ZooCrew I did get to golf with (Scotty, Ethan, Dnevs). And had so much fun hanging out with all of you on the way to the desert and after rounds. And this event truly will leave a memory that lasts a lifetime for me. I feel so blessed to have been a part of it all, and really can't thank you and everyone else involved for pulling off the impossible.

Oh and since you guys are asking what it takes to perform your very best at an event like this, I offer these words of advice. Take them for what you will. It's only my opinion and that's only worth whatever you think it's worth (I'm 5-0 in these events overall, have a career Grandaddy record of 7-1-1, and a singles record of 3-0, but who's counting? :act-up:)

The key to these events in match play is understanding that par is always a great score and bogey usually won't hurt you.

So, how does that play out?

When you're on the tee, play away from the trouble and play to your miss. Example of this is #1 on the Clive course. It's a relatively short par 5. It's reachable in two with a good drive and second shot, but generally plays as a 3 shot hole. On the tee, ALL the trouble is left. There are bunkers on the right that are in play off the tee, but even if you hit the ball in there you can still lay up easily and make a 5. Left is dead. So, you should always favor the right side. Hit a good drive and miss the bunkers, and you're hitting a hybrid or long iron onto the green or near it. Miss left, and you're making a double. Go right!! So many players hit it left and out of bounds, even though there was a gazillion yards right.

The other thing I would say, by in large, is the players from team THP really struggled with their speeds on the greens. A lot of holes were given away with 3 putts. Speed is so much more important than the line.

And last, for team THP next year, don't fixate on driving or iron play. This event always comes down to who putts better and who can get it up and down more. Team THP and the ZooCrew were only separated by one or two GIR per 9 holes. But ZooCrew were much better on the greens and with the short game.

Oh and since you guys are asking what it takes to perform your very best at an event like this, I offer these words of advice. Take them for what you will. It's only my opinion and that's only worth whatever you think it's worth (I'm 5-0 in these events overall, have a career Grandaddy record of 7-1-1, and a singles record of 3-0, but who's counting? :act-up:)

The key to these events in match play is understanding that par is always a great score and bogey usually won't hurt you.

So, how does that play out?

When you're on the tee, play away from the trouble and play to your miss. Example of this is #1 on the Clive course. It's a relatively short par 5. It's reachable in two with a good drive and second shot, but generally plays as a 3 shot hole. On the tee, ALL the trouble is left. There are bunkers on the right that are in play off the tee, but even if you hit the ball in there you can still lay up easily and make a 5. Left is dead. So, you should always favor the right side. Hit a good drive and miss the bunkers, and you're hitting a hybrid or long iron onto the green or near it. Miss left, and you're making a double. Go right!! So many players hit it left and out of bounds, even though there was a gazillion yards right.

The other thing I would say, by in large, is the players from team THP really struggled with their speeds on the greens. A lot of holes were given away with 3 putts.

And last, for team THP next year, don't fixate on driving or iron play. This event always comes down to who putts better and who can get it up and down more. Team THP and the ZooCrew were only separated by one or two GIR per 9 holes. But ZooCrew were much better on the greens and with the short game.

Wow. I take pride in halving our second 9 then haha

Weird...i thought everyone on thp was a great putter :)

Solid insight Harry...totally agree with your par/bogey sentiments

Back