The 2015 Grandaddy Live Update Thread - The Golf Trip Of A Lifetime

I have both coins. I can send you one and Mike can send you the other if you want. Either way we got you covered James

I'm willing to bet more than half of us have never rolled a putt on greens like that. It's no excuse, but it was a factor for sure. Especially Tuesday

Are the greens bent grass or a strain of Bermuda? They look like they just roll out. As opposed to have to hit your putts you can stroke them and they just hold their lines.

Are the greens bent grass or a strain of Bermuda? They look like they just roll out. As opposed to have to hit your putts you can stroke them and they just hold their lines.

Bermuda. They rolled very true but you had to be able to tell the difference in grain and judge the speed because of it. That's something I've never had to do and it took a full day to figure it out

Bermuda. They rolled very true but you had to be able to tell the difference in grain and judge the speed because of it. That's something I've never had to do and it took a full day to figure it out

Wow, grainy greens in the desert! I love those type of greens since that all I play on in Fla

Wow, grainy greens in the desert! I love those type of greens since that all I play on in Fla

I'll look back and find the picture but there's a good one where you can see the grain change.

I didnt find them too grainy compared to what we have here, but they were very fast on the Dye course. Then add quite a bit of movement from subtle breaks and you have a tough surface if you dont practice it.

Questions for this years team...

How much time did you spend on the practice green pre round?
Last year, as the day went on the greens sped up considerably, did they do that this year?

I'll look back and find the picture but there's a good one where you can see the grain change.

Dark green into the grain, shiny lite green down grain? Caddies direct you to the cup to see which way it was going?

I didnt find them too grainy compared to what we have here, but they were very fast on the Dye course. Then add quite a bit of movement from subtle breaks and you have a tough surface if you dont practice it.

That's good to know

Last year, as the day went on the greens sped up considerably, did they do that this year?

A good 20 minutes, which was enough for me to get the speed down. The Clive was not much issue. The Dye course it was missing it in different spots that left big breaks that were fast where you could not be aggressive.

I didn't spend nearly enough time on the putting greens either day. In fact I don't even think I rolled any practice putts leading into the Wednesday round but that's because I wanted to spend some time figuring out my iron swing

A good 20 minutes, which was enough for me to get the speed down. The Clive was not much issue. The Dye course it was missing it in different spots that left big breaks that were fast where you could not be aggressive.

I agree. Clive in general was just a better fit for me

Dark green into the grain, shiny lite green down grain? Caddies direct you to the cup to see which way it was going?

Not only were the caddies great at pointing out the grain the members were too. It was there and I could see it, I just had no clue it effected things so much. Here's the picture I was talking about. This is #9 on the Clive course.
0c217cefab906e6b9c28127b85bd6e1f.jpg

The putts definitely held their lines. It was the subtle breaks that were a bit confusing, but the caddies did a great job of pointing those out.

The grain was the biggest thing for me. The green speed wasn't an issue (too fast) my biggest issue was not reading enough or paying attention to the grain with certain putts.

I spent about 15 minutes or so each round on the greens. That was enough for me to judge speed and make sure my stroke was working.

Our caddy helped so much with the grain of the greens.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2015 Grandaddy Live Update Thread - The Golf Trip Of A Lifetime

I wore the jacket today to run some errands because this rain is never going to go away. It's on point and fits perfectly.

Love seeing the responses from the ZooCrew folks and the advice from Harry

Believe me I will be working on my short game in case that call ever happens Harry so you guys better watch your backs as THP will come and knock that door down to take the belt away

I just wish I didn't have the time difference so I could follow along easier as it isn't quite the same following along a day or so later. Having said that, I still can't stop myself smiling when I do catch up as it is truly something special everyone involved has put together

Bring on 2016

I wore the jacket today to run some errands because this rain is never going to go away. It's on point and fits perfectly.

We already knew the rain jacket works. Thanks Rallo

We already knew the rain jacket works. Thanks Rallo

Haha true, but was just confirming.

One for the road boys! Miss you guys and Morgan!

924b9929ee83ca9ed0473f1785966efd.jpg

Any thoughts regarding the ball you were playing? Any differences that you noticed when comparing to the ball that you typically play?

Any thoughts regarding the ball you were playing? Any differences that you noticed when comparing to the ball that you typically play?

I liked the ball we were playing. Compared to the chrome soft it felt a little better off the tee and with fairway woods. Maybe a little less spin greenside (could have been the speed of the greens). But I did like the ball, a lot. Reminded me of a few top choices on the market

Back