The 2019 Graphite Challenge with UST Mamiya

BigDill;n8896778 said:
I am really hoping that these UST Mamiya shafts help with the right elbow discomfort I have been feeling lately. It’s not bad, but I can see it getting worse as time goes on.

I’m hoping they help with the pain from arthritis in my hands. The shaft inserts have helped a fair bit.

djt311;n8892068 said:
I also can't wait to see what shaft I will get fit into. I have tested some graphite shafts in the past but have never gamed them.

Congrats man! Hopefully you’ll get a better partner this time. Now you get to be one the cagey event veterans. I’ll be following along with you for sure, only this time I won’t be messing up any chance of you winning:)

Can somebody compare the Recoil shafts VS the Ping stock graphite shafts for me?
Thanks

Brucem609;n8897589 said:
Can somebody compare the Recoil shafts VS the Ping stock graphite shafts for me?
Thanks

I don’t have access to the Ping CFS graphite shaft, but I’ll ask around at the event if anyone has them.

Booked my plane tickets last night for this event, being from the frigid north i never wish for November to come quickly but because of this event cannot wait for November. Will be heading in 11/7 around 4:30 and leaving early 11/11

As I sit here with my right elbow absolutely aching from working on a fence all day, I am really looking forward to an extended period of playing UST Mamiya graphite shafts. I have never felt so old, and I am 35.

djt311;n8898371 said:
Booked my plane tickets last night for this event, being from the frigid north i never wish for November to come quickly but because of this event cannot wait for November. Will be heading in 11/7 around 4:30 and leaving early 11/11

That's dedication.

I'll be in a tree trying to fill the freezer.

djt311;n8898371 said:

I’m booked too. To accommodate a late morning deposition on 11/7 and get a decent return flight on 11/10, while not getting bent over on SkyMiles for the trip, I’ll be getting into PBI at midnight and taking the shuttle to the Doubletree at the airport. Hopefully, I can hook up with BigDill Friday morning to catch a ride. If not, I’ll rent a car.

Still hoping to play Friday morning. I don’t mind sticking a box in my travel cover to ship my current irons back home.

You guys are going to love em.

So excited for you guys!!!

I was going to order a demo Sub70 hybrid, but I think I am going to have to order the Ben Hogan hybrid instead to test out. Ben Hogan is making some beautiful clubs!

Parrot no need to worry, I’ll definitely have you covered Friday. Also, for anyone that wants to send their old irons back home, leave them with me and I’ll be happy to handle boxing them up and sending them back to you.

Always wanted to try out the 125 F5's............

BigDill;n8898714 said:
Parrot no need to worry, I’ll definitely have you covered Friday. Also, for anyone that wants to send their old irons back home, leave them with me and I’ll be happy to handle boxing them up and sending them back to you.

You’re the man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BigDill;n8898469 said:
As I sit here with my right elbow absolutely aching from working on a fence all day, I am really looking forward to an extended period of playing UST Mamiya graphite shafts. I have never felt so old, and I am 35.
Know how you feel. Ex USAF sheet metal mechanic did a decent number on my wrist and elbows. Weedeater is what kills me these days! Vibration is a nightmare.

I eat NSAID like candy, daily Celebrex, which has helped, but when the elbows are hurting, ice helps...I also try to make sure to ice down after a round or yardwork even when they're not bothering me.

Definitely think the shafts help though with less feedback though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yeah, those are nice looking.

I can neither confirm nor deny whether a 6 and 9 Edge iron were delivered to me today sporting the Recoil 780 F4 shafts for a little bit of demo range time. Fun stuff.

BigDill;n8899154 said:
I can neither confirm nor deny whether a 6 and 9 Edge iron were delivered to me today sporting the Recoil 780 F4 shafts for a little bit of demo range time. Fun stuff.

I like this approach. Any instructions that came along with the nonconfirming irons or just gonna take it around the block for a spin and report back?

BigDill;n8899154 said:

I'd like to try out that combo as well as the PTXs with that shaft with SmacWrap. I'll keep watching for them.

The ion plating on the 780s is fine.

Parrot;n8900195 said:
Getting prepared. A very early birthday present.

5168843c8bbb9b747535592927fbc7d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Packing already??? What about golf for the next three months?:clap:

Nate;n8900788 said:
I like this approach. Any instructions that came along with the nonconfirming irons or just gonna take it around the block for a spin and report back?

I have never hit recoils or the Ben Hogan heads, so I figured a little spin around the block would help me see what would potentially work for me and what I have to look forward to in a few months. All good things after a range session and a day on the course.

Parrot;n8900907 said:
I'd like to try out that combo as well as the PTXs with that shaft with SmacWrap. I'll keep watching for them.

The ion plating on the 780s is fine.

The PTx with the recoils are like a unicorn on the Ben Hogan demo page. I was able to get the PTx to demo with a different shaft just to compare head size and forgiveness and, well, now I understand why everyone wants to try them with a Recoil shaft because I bet they are phenomenal. All good things about my experience with both the Edge and PTx so far, and I cannot wait to see what shaft options are available to us.

Last edited:
I will be with Danny Le on Monday morning. Stay tuned for updates.

mmaynard11;n8901047 said:
Packing already??? What about golf for the next three months?:clap:

Practice packing. :bananadance:

Though I am psyched about the cap compartment on the bag. I don’t want time to pass any faster than it already does but, in the words of Ugly Wanda, “I’m ret to go.”

So my Srixon z585 driver has not been nice to me off the tee lately....I ordered the GS53 9.5* w/Tensei CK Blue stiff shaft. Played nine with it tonight... feels lively!

Back