The 2022 MLB Thread + Hot Stove

Excited to see what Cleveland can do in the playoffs. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching them this year, and I'm excited for others to see their unique (in 2022) brand of baseball. They have good pitching, play good defense, and put pressure on the others team by not striking out much and taking the extra base. Watching all the rookies make their debuts, and some have really big impacts on the club has been a joy. It'll be interesting to see how they can handle the pressure, but they have overachieved this year so this is icing on the cake.

The match up with Tampa will be a good one. Both have similar offensive profiles, not hitting many home runs. We'll see good starting pitchers from both teams during the 2 or 3 game series.

As for the others, I see the Astros and Dodgers as a level up from everyone else, and I think they have the best chance to meet in the WS. I wouldn't mind some chaos though!

1665146695206.gif

Playoff baseball today!

@TRyan I thought you'd like this...

My Nats were officially eliminated before the 3rd inning in season game #1 versus the Mets. I happened to be at that game, as well as game 2 (Max pitched game 2). As bad as the Nats were (are and will be for the next couple years), I remain aligned to the NL East - so I am rooting for the Mets (they have Max) of the 3 teams that are still playing. I will reassess after each round, until the Mets either win or I will choose between the Braves (who I really liked in the Sid, Sid, Sid days) or the Phillies - who despite all the stuff with Bryce and perpetual Philadelphia fan base stories - cannot bring myself to hate (unless they are playing the Nats).

Playoff baseball - YES!

These GIF's are awesome and I'm getting hyped for noon!

I guess we should give the Blue Jays some love right?

These GIF's are awesome and I'm getting hyped for noon!

II am more excited for these playoffs than I have been and it's because of the format. I like the potential three game series in the opening round, and I like the byes.

II am more excited for these playoffs than I have been and it's because of the format. I like the potential three game series in the opening round, and I like the byes.
Totally agree w/ everything you said.

I am sooooo loving that the first time the Mariners make the playoffs in 21 years it's not a win or go home game. Even if they win the first one, I'm just excited to watch playoff baseball with them in it

i am finding myself in such a good mood today....playoff baseball for the first time in 11 years. of course that mood can change in about 3 hours if we are down 6-0 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Excited to see what Cleveland can do in the playoffs. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching them this year, and I'm excited for others to see their unique (in 2022) brand of baseball. They have good pitching, play good defense, and put pressure on the others team by not striking out much and taking the extra base. Watching all the rookies make their debuts, and some have really big impacts on the club has been a joy. It'll be interesting to see how they can handle the pressure, but they have overachieved this year so this is icing on the cake.

The match up with Tampa will be a good one. Both have similar offensive profiles, not hitting many home runs. We'll see good starting pitchers from both teams during the 2 or 3 game series.

As for the others, I see the Astros and Dodgers as a level up from everyone else, and I think they have the best chance to meet in the WS. I wouldn't mind some chaos though!

Back