EXPERIENCE The 2024 Morgan Cup – Sponsored by Cobra Golf

I hadn't noticed that until yesterday when I was making a Thursday night dinner reservation and Fri/Sat tee times in Birmingham.

Ex Family friend's daughter selected Masters Saturday for her wedding day. At least it is at 6 pm so can play and watch a good bit of the afternoon.
Fixed that for you. Friends don’t schedule events during Majors or big sporting events.

I have no idea why somebody wouldn't want to sign up for this
Because it’s a pretty big commitment to club review. Personally I think it’s totally worth it, but that may give some folks pause.

Now I don’t believe you need to be a “good” club reviewer, lots of different ways to speak to your experience, but you should want to commit to showing up here and talking about the Cobra gear.

If that doesn’t sound appealing this one probably isn’t for you.

Because it’s a pretty big commitment to club review. Personally I think it’s totally worth it, but that may give some folks pause.

Now I don’t believe you need to be a “good” club reviewer, lots of different ways to speak to your experience, but you should want to commit to showing up here and talking about the Cobra gear.

It is a big commitment and honestly over the years there has been a few guys not realize how big of a commitment it was until they were selected and they ended up backing out. I respect that because its not for everyone and would much rather that be the case then someone just taking the gear and never saying a word. Life happens to us all at times but if you can't put in the work this isn't the event for you, we have plenty of other awesome events that don't require as much.

It’s been almost three months since I found out I was going to the 2024 Morgan Cup and it’s as surreal today as it was that day. I can hardly wait to see the teams fill and continue toward bag orders.

It’s been almost three months since I found out I was going to the 2024 Morgan Cup and it’s as surreal today as it was that day. I can hardly wait to see the teams fill and continue toward bag orders.
A whirlwind coming up.
Don't forget about my name change challenge. When @jdtox leads team paradise to victory...

Will Ferrell Old School Movie GIF

It is a great event. Something we are proud of with a sponsoring company that does it right.

I am going to share something I really dont do all that much and probably should. There are a lot of people that believe you can only get into one experience a year, so put all of the eggs in one basket. Then get blanked and get upset. History has shown that is patently false, hell most of the time I cant even remember who is in which one and here is a secret, when the names are drawn, they dont even have names in them. Just random numbers that start with 100 and then have 3 more numbers.

For those that like reviewing equipment, this one can be fun. For those that don't, there is a large obligation here that can be challenging.
I for one, would love to spend an entire year reviewing for this opportunity.

Went to a Cobra demo day this afternoon and man every time I hit the Darkspeed line I get even more excited for the Morgan Cup. The Drivers, Fairways, and Hybrids being blacked out all look amazing. Love the feel of all the clubs I hit. Talking with the Cobra rep he asked me what brought me out so we talked Morgan Cup. I was the only one who signed up for a time so he broke out his rhapsodo and gave me a fitting. The results were very similar to my fitting earlier in the year, with the Darkspeed irons flat, Darkspeed X Driver, X fairways (this time I hit the 3, 5, and 7 woods last fitter wanted hybrid instead of fairway, this fitter Said I could go either but he liked 7). 5 hybrid, 6-G Darkspeed irons. Love the feel of the whole lineup.

Went to a Cobra demo day this afternoon and man every time I hit the Darkspeed line I get even more excited for the Morgan Cup. The Drivers, Fairways, and Hybrids being blacked out all look amazing. Love the feel of all the clubs I hit. Talking with the Cobra rep he asked me what brought me out so we talked Morgan Cup. I was the only one who signed up for a time so he broke out his rhapsodo and gave me a fitting. The results were very similar to my fitting earlier in the year, with the Darkspeed irons flat, Darkspeed X Driver, X fairways (this time I hit the 3, 5, and 7 woods last fitter wanted hybrid instead of fairway, this fitter Said I could go either but he liked 7). 5 hybrid, 6-G Darkspeed irons. Love the feel of the whole lineup.
Fitted by a Rapsodo is a new one

I too had a nice talk about the Morgan Cup with the Cobra rep/fitter. We talked about it last year and he was surprised I didn't get to go last year. But we had a long chat about irons and fairways before someone who might buy now interrupted us :LOL:

If it works it works…
IMG_6730.gif

Yeah I think it was just there so people could ask how far they hit the clubs but since I was the only signups he was doing what he could.

Yeah I think it was just there so people could ask how far they hit the clubs but since I was the only signups he was doing what he could.
Season 6 Nbc GIF by This Is Us

It’s cool when you get some un-interrupted time with some of these guys just to talk shop and explain to them why you are hitting Cobra up and down the bag.
I have yet to come across a place with the 5w or 7w in their fitting cart 😞

It’s cool when you get some un-interrupted time with some of these guys just to talk shop and explain to them why you are hitting Cobra up and down the bag.
I have yet to come across a place with the 5w or 7w in their fitting cart 😞
Yeah he had what looked like a large gun case with all the heads in them for the Darkspeed line, and a few golf bags of shafts. Then a few golf bags with the air-x lineup, a bag with the king tour irons, Darkspeed irons reg and OL, and then a bag of putters. It was very cool and easily could have spent hours there hitting.

I've been looking at the pics from the THP Experience pic thread. And reading some live threads I missed. And if possible, I'm even more pumped to stand at Briggs Ranch first tee in September and hold the pose after the first tee shot.

The result might be utter 💩 But it will mean that it's finally go time. And that I can't wait. Why?

Because it'll mean I and many others have had a chance to play extraordinary gear for months, talk about all of it, share the journey together, talk a ton of crap and hype up. And we'll be there together to make sure that others will get the chance to do the same.

I'm someone who enjoys solitude a lot. But I also get so much energy from being around great people. And THP is stacked full of those people. To be there with those people will be big for me.

Bring on the signups, bring on the selections, bring all of it on! Morgan Cup - it just hits different.

All these recent announcements creating excitement for THP’rs has me longing for something, anything for the Morgan Cup. Just a little peep?
There is a Shaft Up event incoming which will not only feature UST Mamiya but also Cobra Darkspeed drivers!
MC hopefuls, you all know the simple formula for increasing your odds, it’s no secret. You could go from zero chance to slightly better than zero chance!
1711561159816.gif

All these recent announcements creating excitement for THP’rs has me longing for something, anything for the Morgan Cup. Just a little peep?
There is a Shaft Up event incoming which will not only feature UST Mamiya but also Cobra Darkspeed drivers!
MC hopefuls, you all know the simple formula for increasing your odds, it’s no secret. You could go from zero chance to slightly better than zero chance!
View attachment 9251916
It has been a pleasure to see how you have embraced your opportunity and ran with it!

View attachment 9251916
Signups sneaking up on us quick! Then the real fun begins

Definitely need to talk gear. This is a chance to make a setup exactly how you want. Sharing what you want, why you want it, how is it working, what do you like, what kind of tinkering are you doing, etc is the most important part of making sure The Morgan Cup happens next year for some other lucky THP’ers.

I've been looking at the pics from the THP Experience pic thread. And reading some live threads I missed. And if possible, I'm even more pumped to stand at Briggs Ranch first tee in September and hold the pose after the first tee shot.

The result might be utter 💩 But it will mean that it's finally go time. And that I can't wait. Why?

Because it'll mean I and many others have had a chance to play extraordinary gear for months, talk about all of it, share the journey together, talk a ton of crap and hype up. And we'll be there together to make sure that others will get the chance to do the same.

I'm someone who enjoys solitude a lot. But I also get so much energy from being around great people. And THP is stacked full of those people. To be there with those people will be big for me.

Bring on the signups, bring on the selections, bring all of it on! Morgan Cup - it just hits different.
So looking forward to you experiencing the Morgan Cup this year and being a member of Team Hackers. If you think it hits different now, then just wait until you get to late September at Briggs Ranch. Enjoy the rest of the process from club selection to meeting teammates virtually and then in person.

Even tho we are all opponents at the WWGC in a few weeks. I think there will be plenty of talk about this MC between the Paradise Alums.

View attachment 9251916
I'll be more direct because unlike Bart I'm on the outside looking in :LOL:. MC Hopefuls should be hitting the new Cobra equipment and should take some time to participate in the Cobra threads. They should also be dreaming of what they would have in their 2024 Morgan Cup bag.

I'll be more direct because unlike Bart I'm on the outside looking in :LOL:. MC Hopefuls should be hitting the new Cobra equipment and should take some time to participate in the Cobra threads. They should also be dreaming of what they would have in their 2024 Morgan Cup bag.
I'm constantly looking and testing everything Cobra whenever I can

So looking forward to you experiencing the Morgan Cup this year and being a member of Team Hackers. If you think it hits different now, then just wait until you get to late September at Briggs Ranch. Enjoy the rest of the process from club selection to meeting teammates virtually and then in person.
Thank you! My exitement level goes between 70 and 90/100 on most days. On September it'll surely blow my mind. I've often tried to think, how it'll feel to finally sit on the plane heading there. Unreal, I'm sure.

I may or may not have built three bags today...

Thank you! My exitement level goes between 70 and 90/100 on most days. On September it'll surely blow my mind. I've often tried to think, how it'll feel to finally sit on the plane heading there. Unreal, I'm sure.

I may or may not have built three bags today...
I know the anticipation and excitement that you are feeling. The time will go by fast so enjoy every moment of it.

Back