I’ve never tried one, but am intrigued. I’ve struggled mightily with hybrids lately and need something that works between my 5 iron and driver.

it launches so easily. Ball flight is higher than my 21 degree higher and flies about 8-10 yards more playing the exact loft.

I understand certain clubs aren't for everyone, especially as a blanket statement .....but how can one not ignore the stats when presented? Higher, more spin, softer landing- - even this knuckle dragging Neanderthal had that A HA! moment when hitting a 7wd:peven if they are really old school 5woods in loft

I understand certain clubs aren't for everyone, especially as a blanket statement .....but how can one not ignore the stats when presented? Higher, more spin, softer landing- - even this knuckle dragging Neanderthal had that A HA! moment when hitting a 7wd
Hahaha! Yeah, for most of us I think it’s a great club that’s got an unfair stigma. But, I’d pay to see @Canadan hit a 7w to the sun. :LOL:

I was really on the fence over the 7 wood. I just paired my sensors and was thinking of my local course and how perfect that club really will be off the tee and into a particular par 5. I'm most excited about it now (I don't have the putter yet.

I have an old 7w that I use on occasion, but it's not a permanent fixture. I've toyed with the idea of getting a newer one but as of yesterday (or was it thursday) I'm now leaning towards hybrid thanks to Cobra. That Cobra King Tec hybrid with movable weights looks like a dream to dial in.

Heavenwood basically is a 7w
I have a Mavrik Max 5 wood which is easy to hit, get up in the air and is long. When I wanted to go with a Epic Max 7 wood nothing was around. The local Golf Galaxy had a Heavenwood in stock wasn't sure about the gapping but had hit a friends and was pretty sure It would be a good fit. Turned out great not as long as the five wood launches much higher and perfect for different distances and situations. Noticeably easier to hit out of the first cut of rough and just fits in well. much easier to hit than a four iron and for me I always have had a love hate relationship with hybrids and the Heavenwood is just perfect for so many situations. Even though it is probably a little longer in distance than a traditional seven wood it gaps perfectly with my five wood and is just a different club.

I did go to a 4 hybrid, replacing the 7 wood. For me, it was 100% easier to hit. Especially off the deck. I have heard my different stories from others using a 7 wood instead of hybrids. To each their own, but the hybrid worked head and shoulders better for me.

i have an F9 3H that works well for me. I got the RS 7w to be a 4i/h equivalent, so far so good. The 3H is longer, the 7w has a higher trajectory. I still may experiment with a 4H and just to complicate things I also have a zx4 4i so evidently that is the one spot in the bag I can’t quite settle or commit to. I have issues…

The 7W has the stigma of the "chick stick", but I don't care because well... I am. Real men use 3Ws cranked down to 13 degrees.

Back in the olden days, Lee Trevino was on TV explaining about clubs people could use in tough places on the course. One of those clubs was a 7W - it was, of course persimmon. He said it could be used out of light rough and out of fairway bunkers.

I have a Cobra F9 7W. The rails really work. Grab a RadSpeed 7W. Or save a few bucks and grab last year's SZ model. You won't regret it. You'll have to order it direct from Cobra. Stores rarely carry 7Ws. I've seen ONE 7W in stock and it was a senior flex Callaway Epic Speed. Cobra's FWs are awesome.

The 7W has a larger club face than a hybrid; the weight is further back promoting a higher trajectory; it is also more forgiving.

I got the RadSpeed 7 wood for my Morgan Cup bag. I am playing it at 5 wood shaft length.
It is now, by far, my favorite club to hit.
Just put it a little ahead of center in my stance and hit down on it and a nice mid height shot comes off that is almost as long as my older 4 wood.
Dont really want to talk about distance too much because I have only hit it on the course like 6 times, but it is great for 2 shots on par 5s.

The 7W has the stigma of the "chick stick", but I don't care because well... I am. Real men use 3Ws cranked down to 13 degrees.

Back in the olden days, Lee Trevino was on TV explaining about clubs people could use in tough places on the course. One of those clubs was a 7W - it was, of course persimmon. He said it could be used out of light rough and out of fairway bunkers.

I have a Cobra F9 7W. The rails really work. Grab a RadSpeed 7W. Or save a few bucks and grab last year's SZ model. You won't regret it. You'll have to order it direct from Cobra. Stores rarely carry 7Ws. I've seen ONE 7W in stock and it was a senior flex Callaway Epic Speed. Cobra's FWs are awesome.

The 7W has a larger club face than a hybrid; the weight is further back promoting a higher trajectory; it is also more forgiving.
They are becoming VERY popular on tour. The secret sauce is launch, More carry equals more manageable yardage and tighter gapping numbers. The 5W/7W section of the bag needs to be versatile.

They are becoming VERY popular on tour. The secret sauce is launch, More carry equals more manageable yardage and tighter gapping numbers. The 5W/7W section of the bag needs to be versatile.
Johnny, what’s the top version you all are seeing out with your Tour guys in the 5/7w? SZ?

Johnny, what’s the top version you all are seeing out with your Tour guys in the 5/7w? SZ?
Mav SZ in the 7 wood which is a tour part. Lots of Epic Speed retail 5 woods over 💎💎💎

Mav SZ in the 7 wood which is a tour part. Lots of Epic Speed retail 5 woods over 💎💎💎
That’s freaking fantastic.

Those diamonds though…..wheeeeeeeeeew! Filthy!

I have gamed one 5 years ago, I've now just been fitted into a new one, a PXG 0211 with Smoke Yellow 70 6.0.
I tried the 3 hybrid at the same time, the hybrid actually went much lower, a touch longer but left left left!! The 7 wood went so high, super straight and landing very steep. I can't wait to get it and get hitting 210-220 carry shots onto a green again

So far, the +/- 2-inch shorter shaft length has led me to prefer a 3H over a 7W. Just find it easier to work the ball with the shorter shaft.
I’m in the same camp, have consistently better strike.
but if I had better contact, the flight with the added launch would be appealing with the 7w

I have hit 6 darts with my RADSPEED 7 wood in about 50 holes with it so far. The high flight and quick stop is very useful.

I’ve got a Callaway Epic Max 7w in order and sold my 3h. The 7w goes as far and much higher.

I am a fan of the 7 wood and need to dust off my old one and get it back in the bag.

I know this is oversimplified but I feel like the 7w is just the new 5w. All these weight back and low head designs just respond really well to more loft.

I've got one. I guess you could say it's old school... TM RBZ... but originally I didn't want it. I Had purchased my driver and 3W used (TM RBZ) and I wanted a matching 5W... it's what was traditional back then... hybrids hadn't caught on too much (not that I could afford one anyway) but all I could find was the 7W.

Honestly I have no idea how far I actually hit it compared to all my other clubs. I took the grip off when I was testing the helix grip... and it couldn't take a shot scope sensor. I've since put on a grip that can support it. I'll know how far it goes soon.

Just got rid of my 11 wood, now toying with the idea of getting rid of my mavrik max 7 wood for a super hybrid

Back