B242E03A-E20E-4E32-95DA-68033E311A06.jpeg

Tonights Brew comes from The Shop Beer Co. in Tempe AZ.

DDH Hazy Double IPA coming in at 8%abv! This bad boy is loaded with Mosaic Cryo, Mosaic & Cashmere! This absolutely delicious Double Hazy IPA focusses on Mosaic hops with Cashmere adding a nice complement to the hop profile.

Reflections_final+_3-18-2020-01.png

You guys and your IPA’s.

Here I am with my Hefe’s.

I love me some IPA's because that is the best of the US unless you live in the Boston area where you can get tapistery beer. I will take a Belgian (Westmalle Triple, TripleKarmaliet, Chimay grand reserve, Leffe brun) as my favorite.

I do love me some hops, but I like Belgian styles too. As hefes go, not as much, but I like Hacker Schorr and some others. A dunkel is even better.

I love me some IPA's because that is the best of the US unless you live in the Boston area where you can get tapistery beer. I will take a Belgian (Westmalle Triple, TripleKarmaliet, Chimay grand reserve, Leffe brun) as my favorite.
The Belgian styles are the ones that seem to have gotten lost in the craft beer explosion and avalanche of IPAs and hazy everything. I think its partly because you can cover up a lot of sins in the process when you hop the sh!t out of everything. Belgian styles force you to be more on point.

IMG_20200411_125053.jpg

Here we go, one of my favorite semi local wits for those who swing that way.

E6DBB2F9-26F8-4402-9E8C-6E00FD88DD76.jpegOne of the best IPAs I’ve had in a while

I'm about to switch from Miller High Life (my winter everyday beer) to craft beer (my summer choice). My summer fallback is Summit EPA but I try lots of different craft beers during the warm months.

Eh.

I posted this in the Home Brewers thread, but thought it’d be cool for here too. My friend was pretty into home brewing and was even talking with a local city about possibly opening up a brewery there. Unfortunately, (actually fortunately because he got the treatment he needed) but his partner was an alcoholic and they closed shop. We finally got everything set up in my garage and we’re ready to start brewing
A5387BC0-1DB2-4AF8-82F0-D6F2C7EE809D.jpeg

Toppling Goliath makes outstanding beer. Not all that far from me either. If you like that one try Pseudo Sue.
My friend I mentioned above flew out there just to go to the brewery and pick up some beer haha. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for it. We have a few craft beer places here with great selections. I just picked up Heady Topper for $5 a can! In CA that’s an absolute steal

I posted this in the Home Brewers thread, but thought it’d be cool for here too. My friend was pretty into home brewing and was even talking with a local city about possibly opening up a brewery there. Unfortunately, (actually fortunately because he got the treatment he needed) but his partner was an alcoholic and they closed shop. We finally got everything set up in my garage and we’re ready to start brewing
View attachment 8936807
Wow, I used to home brew but I never had a setup like that.

My friend I mentioned above flew out there just to go to the brewery and pick up some beer haha. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for it. We have a few craft beer places here with great selections. I just picked up Heady Topper for $5 a can! In CA that’s an absolute steal
Where did you fly into when you went there? It's kind of in BF Iowa.:p

Perfect after a bunch of hard work .. would be better if the dog didn't knock the can over as I was transitioning to the outdoor couch lol

20200411_145803.jpg

Haha I didn’t go. My friend did. He’s really into craft beer and he trades/sells beer with people around the country on a forum he’s a part of. We have some outstanding breweries out here but sometimes have trouble gaining access to the better/smaller breweries East of Mississippi. Now though it’s getting a lot easier

My friend said he flew into Minneapolis and then drove there. He laughed when I asked him haha

Been on a pretty steady Hazy IPA kick lately. Trying new ones pretty much every time. Batsquatch by Rouge and Pineapple Passion by Lead Dog are two of my favorites I can think of the last few months...

View attachment 8936613

Soo this is a local brewery in Cleveland, my favorite. They were recently bought by the big boys, AB. That means you may start to see them pop up as they started national distribution. If you get the chance give them a try. Highly recommend the project IPA series. They are limited in nature because it rotates the flavor for new stuff. Haze Jude started out as one and now it's a staple flavor of the company.

Sounds good I will keep my eyes out... Sometimes though when the smaller breweries are bought out they stop making a lot of their beers and mass produce a select few. An example I can think of is Ballast Point, who actually just recently went back to being independent. When they got bought out they stopped making what in my opinion were the best two beers they made.

B72C5FD8-1DDE-423A-A792-D3029D7E3180.jpegToday’s selection. So far the Sosus andthe Heady are leading the pack

Been on a pretty steady Hazy IPA kick lately. Trying new ones pretty much every time. Batsquatch by Rouge and Pineapple Passion by Lead Dog are two of my favorites I can think of the last few months...

I was not crazy about Batsquatch. The artwork and name are awesome, but the beer itself was a it of a letdown.

Sweetwater 420 Extra Pale Ale is the choice for this evening.
46AE7F8D-18FB-4748-85C5-CBBE09819AE6.jpeg

Ponysaurus Export Stout. It is delicious.

009F8731-1F99-4987-888A-43E6F57DBFDF.jpeg

Back